BMW i4 Forum banner

Do you already have an officially confirmed delivery date?

• Yes - Austria / Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Italy / Greece

• Yes - Norway / Sweden / Finland

• Yes - Denmark

• Yes - Any other country

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To avoid and/or reduce the countless amount of threads about whether or not you received a delivery date, let's make a poll out of it.
The question is simple: Do you or do you not have an officially confirmed delivery date?
You can either answer "No" or for each country separately a "Yes"
You can of course always give some more explanation in your own posting. I just want to avoid the same type of thread over and over again.
The poll is set so that the day you do get your delivery date, you can change your vote and elaborate if necessary in a posting below.

And then, once you receive an official statement from your dealer or from BMW themselves (BTW: a phone call from your local dealer doesn't count neither as "Official", nor as "Confirmed"), so once you have that, please add a posting in this thread and if possible start with:
  • Type of Car: e40 or M50
  • Color of the car:
  • Major electronic options:
  • Comments and proof:
The first 4 parameters are important for us. They give us an idea of what is a delaying factor in the delivery.

Most countries represented here on the forum are listed. I do apologize if your country is not listed. However, that doesn't mean I think less of your country :)

Thank you.

PS: Let me explain the definition of an "officially confirmed delivery date": that would be the date where your BMW dealer calls you with the message "Hey, you can come to pick up your i4. It has arrived". Or for our American and Canadian friends, when your dealer calls you saying "Your i4 is in the country. It just needs to be transported to us, and then you can come and pick it up". That would be THAT day. There can be a margin of 1 (maybe 2) weeks, for more administration, clean, checking, license plate... but that's it.
Clear?

·
1,045 Posts
I take offense at the dubious geographical connections made in this poll.

however,

• Type of Car: the one that goes faster than the Tesla
  • Color of the car: as in advertising
  • Major electronic options: ambient light
  • Comments: order in September, priority country but few orders, paid cash, warned my dealer of the consequences of a delay for his health and that of his family

Edit Mod: I see that, once again, another thread ends up not being taken seriously and probably full of jokes. If that continues, I will probably end this cooperation with i4Talk as a Mod, and even as a member.

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
I take offense at the dubious geographical connections made in this poll.

however,

• Type of Car: the one that goes faster than the Tesla
  • Color of the car: as in advertising
  • Major electronic options: ambient light
  • Comments: order in September, priority country but few orders, paid cash, warned my dealer of the consequences of a delay for his health and that of his family

Edit Mod: I see that, once again, another thread ends up not being taken seriously and probably full of jokes. If that continues, I will probably end this cooperation with i4Talk as a Mod, and even as a member.
@Mycroft you past too much time in North Korea with your best friend Kim o_O:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It might be better to state a minimum vehicle order status before responding to the poll. For example many people will get an estimated delivery date at order state 111 and assume that means it's confirmed, but it's not actually confirmed until well after that, you only get a confirmed production date when your order is in status 112.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am in the US and have status 112

My production starts in week 3 (next week!)

My car is e40 with m sport options

I ordered every other option except carbon fiber trim (I like the open grain wood)

Color is sunset orange with shadow trim (a bit halloween?)

After production a month shipping to the US, so we are guessing early March delivery.

Someone in Belgium reported two days for delivery.

Amazing. No customs, no ship, no change of transport vehicle, an eight hour drive.

Nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I ordered every other option except carbon fiber trim (I like the open grain wood)

After production a month shipping to the US, so we are guessing early March delivery.

Amazing. No customs, no ship, no change of transport vehicle, an eight hour drive.

Nice.
I'm in the "myBMW" site and see my car scheduled for production, but I don't see when production starts. How did you get that information?

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
387 Posts

Nice.
I too have an e40 on order. When did you order?

I went to the BMW dealer yesterday since it's across the street from my Audi dealer where my car was in for a software update. I am still stuck with no production #. In fact he showed me his screens showing at all the cars coming into the dealership and not a single i40 or 50 had a production #.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When did you make your initial deposit (as that determines your spot in the queue)?
I pre-ordered and paid my deposit on June 1, 2021. I placed my build order with the dealer on November 22. At the time he had to override several bugs in the build program, such as leather seats precluded getting HUD. One remaining issue is that I had asked for red brake calipers, which seem not to be available in the US, though I see them on the builds of some of our European members.

In the end I got my order done then and haven't changed it since.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I too have an e40 on order. When did you order?

I went to the BMW dealer yesterday since it's across the street from my Audi dealer where my car was in for a software update. I am still stuck with no production #. In fact he showed me his screens showing at all the cars coming into the dealership and not a single i40 or 50 had a production #.
My pre-order was on June 1, 2021, the first day the site was open. My build order was on November 22.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is the earliest production week I've heard so far.
It sounds like you will be among the first in the USA to get your car.
I purchased 5 days later and I am in status 111, With an alleged production week of 10.

I think people are confused between the production date and the delivery date, which is what this poll is about.
I don't think anyone can really get an accurate delivery date until the car is in the hands of the dealership.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is the earliest production week I've heard so far.
It sounds like you will be among the first in the USA to get your car.
I purchased 5 days later and I am in status 111, With an alleged production week of 10.
I will confirm when the production actually starts. I do not have a confirmed delivery date, considering the shipping, customs control, inspection and repair of shipping damage, and possible crash of the transporter.

Luckily my dealer is much closer to the port of New Jersey than Mississippi is, so less chance of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will confirm when the production actually starts. I do not have a confirmed delivery date, considering the shipping, customs control, inspection and repair of shipping damage, and possible crash of the transporter.

Luckily my dealer is much closer to the port of New Jersey than Mississippi is, so less chance of that.
Some of you refer to "production week". What is that?

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We now have 5 out of almost 80 people with a so-called officially confirmed delivery date. Cool...
However, none of these five have given us any explanation... We are all very critical, so I'm pretty sure a lot of members on this forum want to see some sort of proof. A phone call from your local dealer is no real proof. Black on white is what we want...

:unsure:

·
Registered
301 Posts
We now have 5 out of almost 80 people with a so-called officially confirmed delivery date. Cool...
However, none of these five have given us any explanation... We are all very critical, so I'm pretty sure a lot of members on this forum want to see some sort of proof. A phone call from your local dealer is no real proof. Black on white is what we want :unsure:
I have requested a printout from the dealer. Let us see what he can do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have requested a printout from the dealer. Let us see what he can do.
I pre-ordered an i4 eDrive40 June 1, within minutes of opening (in US). Then placed the official order on Dec 21. MyBMW shows production scheduled (it is based on pre-order date). I called BMW Genius, and they said production will likely begin next week (Jan 17-20), with delivery expected in March. Woo hoo!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Some of you refer to "production week". What is that?
From my dealer's email my production starts the third week of the year.

In other contexts the production week means the completion. And production is supposed to take two weeks

MyBMW tells me it is not yet started, so third week could be the start

1 - 20 of 135 Posts