BMW i4 Forum banner

Do you already have an officially confirmed delivery date?

• Yes - Austria / Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Italy / Greece

• Yes - Norway / Sweden / Finland

• Yes - Denmark

• Yes - Any other country

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I pre-ordered an i4 eDrive40 June 1, within minutes of opening (in US). Then placed the official order on Dec 21. MyBMW shows production scheduled (it is based on pre-order date). I called BMW Genius, and they said production will likely begin next week (Jan 17-20), with delivery expected in March. Woo hoo!
Right, so we are in the same timing and same batch

·
Registered
128 Posts
My pre-order was processed and assigned to the dealer on June 2, 2021.

My configuration was done Nov. 22, 2021.

I received my production number on Dec.23, 2021

• Type of Car: M50
  • Color of the car: Tanzanite; Cognac Leather, Carbon Fibre Trim
  • Major electronic options: All options including Laser lighting, HK sound, 20" wheels, HUD, etc...(no ventilated seats or carbon exterior)
  • Comments and proof: Only a production number. Dealer has told me middle of May production. No date when I check for tracking. It only says order entered.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Written on a napkin? Or do you also have something more official, like a letter with a BMW logo on top of it? 😜
Flash photography Gesture Sleeve Collar Music artist

·
Registered
128 Posts
Written on a napkin? Or do you also have something more official, like a letter with a BMW logo on top of it?
View attachment 5100
Well I did talk to the BMW genius today.
My production number is confirmed with a 2021 build week 21 which corresponds to May 23.
The order has been accepted. That's means the configuration is valid and they will start the logistics for everything to be setup for the build. Status will not change until about 2 weeks before the bud starts

If anyone in the US ordered Dravit, Tanzanite or Frozen Blue be prepared for a June/July delivery. Those colors don't look to be in production until May.

Apparently getting the 20" wheels can add delay.
When compared to others with individual colors my delay seems to be the 20" wheels.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

Edit Mod: added color to important info

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Let's all hope and cross our fingers you'll be blessed with a nice fat baby i4 somewhere around the 4th of July :cool:
Aventurine Red as well?

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
An interesting side effect of a poll: it's cool to see who was on the forum the longest, just by looking at the names of the voters. It looks like Mr. Inside (you know, that guy with the Brooklyn Grey shirt and trousers) is our oldest member (so far)
👴

And another side effect of a poll is that people really love to answer the question(s) of these polls, but they don't really know or even care what it is all about... Interesting.
But then again, I also never read the manual after buying some new appliance...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My pre-order was done on 6/1 roughly an hour after the site opened up (would've been sooner but the site flaked out on me)

My configuration was done on 11/26.

I didn't receive my production number until 1/7 for some reason.

Model: eDrive40
Color: Tanzanite Blue, Oyster leather
Options: M Sports package, Dynamic Handling, Premium, HUD, Harmon Kardon, Laserlight

I called BMW Genius today and my build week is Week 4 (a week and a half from today apparently).

Very excited!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My pre-order was done on 6/1 roughly an hour after the site opened up (would've been sooner but the site flaked out on me)

My configuration was done on 11/26.

I didn't receive my production number until 1/7 for some reason.

Model: eDrive40
Color: Tanzanite Blue, Oyster leather
Options: M Sports package, Dynamic Handling, Premium, HUD, Harmon Kardon, Laserlight

I called BMW Genius today and my build week is Week 4 (a week and a half from today apparently).

Very excited!
That's awesome, @Waltismo - will be looking forward to that delivery soon (relatively speaking, of course). And welcome to Team Tanzanite!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Written on a napkin? Or do you also have something more official, like a letter with a BMW logo on top of it? 😜
View attachment 5100
Hail Imperator Magnus!

I just got this printout from my dealer.

In the lower right "conf. prod. 2022/01/04" indicates the production is to be complete the fourth week of January. The estimated production date will be filled in once production is actively started.

Sorry about the lack of letterhead. This is still the data table we have been seeing in the US.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel

Edit Mod: Blackened private info

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hail Imperator Magnus!

In the lower right "conf. prod. 2022/01/04" indicates the production is to be complete the fourth week of January. The estimated production date will be filled in once production is actively started.

Sorry about the lack of letterhead. This is still the data table we have been seeing in the US.

View attachment 5127
BTW the port of entry SSIPOA may be Brunswick, Georgia, rather than New Jersey, as I had supposed. It may be an extra stop for the ship, but perhaps a less crowded port and closer to North Carolina by half.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We now have 5 out of almost 80 people with a so-called officially confirmed delivery date. Cool...
However, none of these five have given us any explanation... We are all very critical, so I'm pretty sure a lot of members on this forum want to see some sort of proof. A phone call from your local dealer is no real proof. Black on white is what we want...

:unsure:
I have it on mail, but not going to post it online due to privacy reasons ..

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Best (and only) proof I saw. You could have blackened out some sensitive information. I'm not asking for revealing private info.
THX!

Now, go ahead and change your vote 👌

·
Registered
309 Posts
Best (and only) proof I saw. You could have blackened out some sensitive information. I'm not asking for revealing private info.
THX!

Now, go ahead and change your vote 👌
What I have confirmed is the production date. Let us say my delivery date is not totally confirmed, but subject to a month of shipping eventualities.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hail Imperator Magnus!

Thanks for sharing! Very informative to see how the process flow is going. I would advice you though to black out your prod no and name at least. Even though you have a very cool name and it caused me the have "Little Green Bag" in my head now 😉

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Very informative to see how the process flow is going. I would advice you though to black out your prod no and name at least. Even though you have a very cool name and it caused me the have "Little Green Bag" in my head now 😉
Right! The Dutch rock star

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
407 Posts
Hail Imperator Magnus!

View attachment 5135
Edit Mod: Blackened private info
I don't have a date yet, but the printout my dealer gave me showed a 'Req. Prod: 2022/02/05'

I'm not sure what that means given I have no production date.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
468 Posts
Finally got my production number in Canada but ain't a whole lot I can do with it, compared to the states.
Sales guy said it's looking good for delivery at end of March. Here's hoping whoopwhoop
Status 111

21 - 40 of 138 Posts