BMW i4 Forum banner

Do you already have an officially confirmed delivery date?

• Yes - Austria / Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Italy / Greece

• Yes - Norway / Sweden / Finland

• Yes - Denmark

• Yes - Any other country

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I heard something interesting from my dealer as I stopped by today. I was chatting with a different salesman than mine and told him I was scheduled for week 10. He said that would mean week 11. I asked why. He said that's because for some reason BMW had 53 build weeks last year so all the week are bumped up one. Weird.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I heard something interesting from my dealer as I stopped by today. I was chatting with a different salesman than mine and told him I was scheduled for week 10. He said that would mean week 11. I asked why. He said that's because for some reason BMW had 53 build weeks last year so all the week are bumped up one. Weird.
I was told my car would be started in week three, and my completion date is listed as week 4 of January. (see my posted report above) Given it takes two weeks to build, and January has only four weeks (excluding Jan 1 on Saturday) then I would say there is no setback.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think it goes by Mondays, Which means that
January 3,10,17,24,31 are January build weeks.
February 7,14,21,28 are February build weeks.
March 7,14,21,28 are March build weeks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think it goes by Mondays, Which means that
January 3,10,17,24,31 are January build weeks.
February 7,14,21,28 are February build weeks.
March 7,14,21,28 are March build weeks.
That concurs with what I was told. The build week is January 17.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For those that ordered an M50 with a build later than March you can add the Motorsport emblems.

Option 3MQ, $200 cost.
Just added to my order.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
407 Posts
So did no one get a printout from their dealer showing something like, 'Req. Prod: 2022/02/05'?

My stays is still 047 with no production #. So I have no idea what that ‘Req. Prod date means.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So did no one get a printout from their dealer showing something like, 'Req. Prod: 2022/02/05'?

My stays is still 047 with no production #. So I have no idea what that ‘Req. Prod date means.
I have an"Vehicle Inquiry Report"
It shows order number and build status along with the whole build configuration.

My car is at status 111.

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Could it be that these dates (Prod. Date, Req. Prod and so on...) were given by BMW before the shortage of chips was so imminent?
Just a thought...

I don't know what your configurations are, but isn't @Ken7 Prod. Date earlier than @gsbaker and yet this last one is about to go into production next week? So could it depend on the lack of chips? Maybe you guys should compare each other's config.

Reactions: Ken7

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
407 Posts
Could it be that these dates (Prod. Date, Req. Prod and so on...) were given by BMW before the shortage of chips was so imminent?
Just a thought...

I don't know what your configurations are, but isn't @Ken7 Prod. Date earlier than @gsbaker Canada and yet this last one is about to go into production next week? So could it depend on the lack of chips? Maybe you guys should compare each other's config.
Yup, I ordered almost every option available outside of the M options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an i4M50 on order from 26th June 2021. I contacted BMW U.K. and asked them for production details. They said production confirmed for 14/04/2022 with estimated delivery date of 29:07:2022.

Mod Edit: Joined this newly created topic with this thread. It all comes down to the same subject. Thx.

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
What moron in Munich is playing with the calendar for the distribution of all these dates? Who can still follow here?
Let's go through everything again:
1. The more options you order, the more chips you need, hence your production date and delivery will most certainly be delayed
2. @gsbaker orders an i4, with all the goodies, including the M-Sport items (so he needs a lot of chips)
3. @Ken7 orders an i4, also with all the necessities, but doesn't need the M-toys.(= fewer chips than @gsbaker)
4. @gsbaker receives a production date. His car will probably be on the assembly line next week (01.17.2022)
5. @Ken7 who's Prod. Date was before that of @gsbaker, but he still doesn't have confirmation of production.
6. @JST1963 is getting bonkers of this...This makes no sense...Discouraging...
Mouth Human body Flash photography Jaw Sleeve

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
407 Posts
What moron in Munich is playing with the calendar for the distribution of all these dates? Who can still follow here?
Let's go through everything again:
1. The more options you order, the more chips you need, hence your production date and delivery will most certainly be delayed
2. @gsbaker orders an i4, with all the goodies, including the M-Sport items (so he needs a lot of chips)
3. @Ken7 orders an i4, also with all the necessities, but I don't need the M-toys.(= fewer chips than @gsbaker baker)
4. @gsbaker receives a production date. His car will probably be on the assembly line next week (01.17.2022)
5. @Ken7 who's Prod. Date was before that of @gsbaker, but he still doesn't have confirmation of production.
6. @JST1963 is getting bonkers of this...This makes no sense...Discouraging...
View attachment 5169
I have a headache.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I doubt chips.
BMW sold the I4 knowing how many they will build. Their internal chip allocation seems to set the I4 as a priority; at least for US models.

My guess is this
I4 e40 is first
I4 e40 M sport
I4 M50 non 20" wheels
I4 M50 with 20" wheels

Some variation but based on complexity of the builds.

The first M50's add the extra Motos but don't add the body mods unless you have 20's.

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Could be, but in this case, the e40 M sport will be produced and probably delivered before the e40 Basic...

41 - 60 of 138 Posts