BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50 San Remo
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recently being told that my Feb 22 ordered M50 now won’t be built until June 23 at the earliest - with no real certainty around a date or the actual options that might be included (it could end up being a MY 24 car!?) I went looking for plan B.

I found a demonstrator (the only one in the country still for sale) at an interstate dealer that pretty much matched my ordered car apart from the Brooklyn Grey colour (ordered Sam Remo Green). They had a price on it which was much higher than my ordered car - but after a simple negotiation we came up with a number that was only a little more than what I was going to be paying. A win-win really.

I don’t have a problem paying a premium for an ACTUAL car … rather than waiting on some virtual elusive illusion that might one day show up in reality.

I don’t blame BMW for the dramas they are trying to deal with - they have created an awesome car for which demand has far exceeded their capacity to manufacture, which has been exacerbated by a pandemic hangover, supply chain interruptions, and a war.

So I collect my car on the 22nd of Dec and after Christmas will be making the 1,900 km trip home in it.

A great way to prove straight off the bat to my “yeah but you can’t go far in an EV” mates that you aren’t giving anything up with an electric car (apart from the perception of machismo and noise pollution).

Anyway I’ll wait until the new year to decide what to do with my current order … for now I’m thinking I’ll keep it and see what the lay of the land is when it finally arrives.

Looking forward to enjoying the drive !

·
Registered
2023 i4 M50
108 Posts
Congrats!! I hope the next month goes fast for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts