BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information current on stop sale regarding the M50?

Mine is stuck at the dealer whom is unable to delivery because of a stop sale / update but there is no information why and neither dealer nor BMW SE can say why and when.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
Does anyone have any information current on stop sale regarding the M50?

Mine is stuck at the dealer whom is unable to delivery because of a stop sale / update but there is no information why and neither dealer nor BMW SE can say why and when.
There have been several stop sales.

Try this to see which one(s) you have,

·
Registered
273 Posts
This is indeed a good tool but the “body domain controller” stop sale is not listed there. So there might still be a problem even if the BMW Recall Details Tool doesn’t list anything for your VIN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is indeed a good tool but the “body domain controller” stop sale is not listed there. So there might still be a problem even if the BMW Recall Details Tool doesn’t list anything for your VIN.
Ah, my VIN doesn't have any stop but according to BMW it should be 3 different stops. So it can still be "body domain controller. Going on 14th month since delivery and now it's just sitting at the dealer. Started to look at alternatives, hopefully I can cancel this crap. BMW could perhaps have released a working car instead 1 year later...

Rectangle Font Art Magenta Circle

·
Registered
2023 M50 Tanzanite Blue, black vernasca, HUD, DAP
69 Posts
Ah, my VIN doesn't have any stop but according to BMW it should be 3 different stops. So it can still be "body domain controller. Going on 14th month since delivery and now it's just sitting at the dealer. Started to look at alternatives, hopefully I can cancel this crap. BMW could perhaps have released a working car instead 1 year later...

View attachment 13152
My 2023 M50 that is hopefully in transit shows defect code 0032350300 and I can't figure out what it is. Possibly software glitch for air bags, or PDC controller?? Does anyone know? It appears to be causing stop sales in Europe.

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50 tanzanite blue II, carbon package, Laser lights, cognac Sensatec, Tow hook, comfort acce
16 Posts
Same issue with my i4 M50 here in Austria. Recall tool says
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Automotive exterior

no further info from my dealer🤮

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Same issue with my i4 M50 here in Austria. Recall tool says View attachment 13199
Must admit, it's starting to make me irritated. BMW really sucks bad at communication... Someone does not understand the concept of "bad will" at the company.

14 months to deliver. 3 weeks and still waiting @ the dealer.

Then again, the only way BMW would care is if everyone waiting for their car cancelled their order.... otherwise it'll just continue. I'm leaning on going for an M3 instead, personally I think BMW should have waited a year to launch the I4 and done the "fixing" prior to production...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue with my i4 M50 here in Austria. Recall tool says View attachment 13199
I got the same defect code, but I don't know if we've got the same fault. The car was denied delivery last week, the day before I should pick it up. Today I got the message, it needs to substitute a part controlling the battery. Should take a week before the part from Germany arrives to my dealer. This should affect 50 i4s in Norway alone. My car was produced 01.07.23

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
So, they have identified a problem, but not instituted a recall for it. They can do a stop sale that isn't also a recall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the same defect code, but I don't know if we've got the same fault. The car was denied delivery last week, the day before I should pick it up. Today I got the message, it needs to substitute a part controlling the battery. Should take a week before the part from Germany arrives to my dealer. This should affect 50 i4s in Norway alone. My car was produced 01.07.23
Seems to be Sweden too, mine has been at the dealer three weeks now…

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have gotten slightly (ever so slightly) more information on the stop sale issue - which is also 0032350300. This is a software issue which some people have started to get resolution for (seen it in other forums). The BMW genius I spoke to said there are actually two issues open on my car but one of which is not showing on the VIN tool. The other issue is a hardware issue relating to the BDC which unfortunately means it needs replacing.. Both of these issues are interlinked so I’m guessing if you have one you most likely have the other. But still trying to get more information from my dealer.

Car’s been in storage in the UK since 15th July with no changes so it’s been quite frustrating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have gotten slightly (ever so slightly) more information on the stop sale issue - which is also 0032350300. This is a software issue which some people have started to get resolution for (seen it in other forums). The BMW genius I spoke to said there are actually two issues open on my car but one of which is not showing on the VIN tool. The other issue is a hardware issue relating to the BDC which unfortunately means it needs replacing.. Both of these issues are interlinked so I’m guessing if you have one you most likely have the other. But still trying to get more information from my dealer.

Car’s been in storage in the UK since 15th July with no changes so it’s been quite frustrating.
Sounds like exactly the same scenario, can't stop wondering why information is so hard to come by.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 13926
Mine says closed on VIN status so is the problem fixed then or is it something else.
Mine is stuck at dealer in sweden to. =(
I have exactly the same, closed but still stuck and no info from dealer as of when it can be fixed and what the actual issue is.

BMW might be German but they have learned to communicate from the North Koreans....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah my dealer said still blocked delivery yesteday then he went on vacation until monday =(
Will just have to wait and see. I'm really happy I didn't sell my old car before picking the new up. Then I would have been screwed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah my dealer said still blocked delivery yesteday then he went on vacation until monday =(
Will just have to wait and see. I'm really happy I didn't sell my old car before picking the new up. Then I would have been screwed.
I have a bad feeling that this will take time. No communication and no solution yet, going in a month since it arrived. My guess is a another month. I guess BMW is working hard to get people to cancel their orders, attending to other waiting customers instead... have seen numerous cancellations because of waiting periods.

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah if it is a new software problem we have a big problem.
Latest update is 22-03 so that means they will need to make a new update, then QC that update, then send it out. That takes alot of time. Mine arrived at the dealer on august 1st expected pickup was august 9th but that got blocked on the 8th. Seller said the car wasn't blocked from the start so it came after arrival.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah if it is a new software problem we have a big problem.
Latest update is 22-03 so that means they will need to make a new update, then QC that update, then send it out. That takes alot of time. Mine arrived at the dealer on august 1st expected pickup was august 9th but that got blocked on the 8th. Seller said the car wasn't blocked from the start so it came after arrival.
Yes, I had the same. Was just to make an appointment for pickup when it got "stopped". Also trying to communicate with BMW to get an idea on a timeframe but no info so far. If this is a 3 month delay I need to find an alternative...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don’t think the software issue is the real problem. My theory is that they need to change a physical component (BDC) and it’s ineffective to update the software before that (why touch the car twice if they can do it in one go?). As soon as they get and install the new BDC the second issue will be closed as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I don’t think the software issue is the real problem. My theory is that they need to change a physical component (BDC) and it’s ineffective to update the software before that (why touch the car twice if they can do it in one go?). As soon as they get and install the new BDC the second issue will be closed as well.
Still, I think it’s BS because they should halt production and use parts needed to mend cars that are stuck. Or are BMW ignorant enough to continue producing cars just for more to be put on hold…struggling to find any logic.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts