BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order on 10/29/2021 and I still haven't received anything. No allocation, VIN, production number, timeline, anything! It's driving me nuts.

I placed my order with Sewell BMW of Grapevine, and they have been in constant communication with me. However, nothing concrete as far as when will I have my car.

Therefore, I've been wondering if anybody in DFW has received their cars already, or at least concrete information on their order status?

Thanks - Every day it becomes harder and harder to embrace the fact that I placed an order almost 6 months ago and nothing has changed since then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do they tell you how many allocations grapevine dealer will get each month? I have already lost my patience even though I just submitted my order 3 weeks ago😂

I was seriously considering buying a polestar as an intermediate car before getting my i4. They have a dealer just on the other side of high way of your BMW dealer. Fun car to drive but seems to have a lot of connection issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they tell you how many allocations grapevine dealer will get each month? I have already lost my patience even though I just submitted my order 3 weeks ago😂

I was seriously considering buying a polestar as an intermediate car before getting my i4. They have a dealer just on the other side of high way of your BMW dealer. Fun car to drive but seems to have a lot of connection issues.
Good point on the Polestar. I was looking at it yesterday as I’m running out of patience. I might just go ahead and get it if things look the same in about a month from now. However, every time I go down that path I think how mad I’ll be when I see an i4 down the road in the near future 😂

Regarding allocations for Grapevine, they didn’t tell me exactly how many they get per month, but they mentioned they’re top 5 in the US. That’s the only thing that gives me hope that I might get it this summer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good point on the Polestar. I was looking at it yesterday as I’m running out of patience. I might just go ahead and get it if things look the same in about a month from now. However, every time I go down that path I think how mad I’ll be when I see an i4 down the road in the near future 😂

Regarding allocations for Grapevine, they didn’t tell me exactly how many they get per month, but they mentioned they’re top 5 in the US. That’s the only thing that gives me hope that I might get it this summer
I just saw an i4 out in the wild in the bay area 2 days ago on my way to the gym. Maybe knowing this will help you wait

• Haha
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine from BMW of Dallas in early November, just after you did. Same boat here, the dealer is responsive and open but there's very little info from Germany. Last thing they said echoes what b1mm said above, starting to work through US orders in the summer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered mine from BMW of Dallas in early November, just after you did. Same boat here, the dealer is responsive and open but there's very little info from Germany. Last thing they said echoes what b1mm said above, starting to work through US orders in the summer.
Thanks! It helps to know we're all in the same boat. Hopefully, we start getting our cars this summer. Otherwise, I'll just keep staring at my Level 2 charger in my garage wondering if I should install a an appliance there in the meantime.

·
Registered
Current: 2017 F83 Competition//waiting for i4 edrive 40
6 Posts
Thanks! It helps to know we're all in the same boat. Hopefully, we start getting our cars this summer. Otherwise, I'll just keep staring at my Level 2 charger in my garage wondering if I should install a an appliance there in the meantime.
I’m with you. I installed a Splitvolt 4 weeks or so ago. I just look at its lights each day. Hoping to plug my i4 into it one of these days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m with you. I installed a Splitvolt 4 weeks or so ago. I just look at its lights each day. Hoping to plug my i4 into it one of these days.
Right there with you haha. I like to open my garage at night just so I can see the light coming from the charger and remember I’ll eventually have my i4 there

·
Registered
472 Posts
I placed my order on 10/29/2021 and I still haven't received anything. No allocation, VIN, production number, timeline, anything! It's driving me nuts.

I placed my order with Sewell BMW of Grapevine, and they have been in constant communication with me. However, nothing concrete as far as when will I have my car.

Therefore, I've been wondering if anybody in DFW has received their cars already, or at least concrete information on their order status?

Thanks - Every day it becomes harder and harder to embrace the fact that I placed an order almost 6 months ago and nothing has changed since then.
completely understand. I have not had much movement other than the bld week game moving back, then forward, then back again, until finally moving 4 weeks back from original bld week. 10 months since placing $1500 deposit, but by the time the car arrives, it will be 13 months in total on this merry go round if there are no more changes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
completely understand. I have not had much movement other than the bld week game moving back, then forward, then back again, until finally moving 4 weeks back from original bld week. 10 months since placing $1500 deposit, but by the time the car arrives, it will be 13 months in total on this merry go round if there are no more changes.
13 months 🤯😟 - I don’t know if I’m strong enough for that level of agony

·
Registered
661 Posts
They are still trying to get through the orders they promised in spring to people that pre-ordered June 1.

I ordered when first available andy car is still in "order accepted" and has not moved to "scheduled".

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

• Sad
Reactions: dudenjen and b1mm

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
111 Posts
They are still trying to get through the orders they promised in spring to people that pre-ordered June 1.

I ordered when first available andy car is still in "order accepted" and has not moved to "scheduled".

Have you been given a build week yet?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have you been given a build week yet?
Oh, sorry.
Yes I've had a production number since Dec and build week 21 was given in Jan.

I called today and they are still saying build week 21.

Status hasn't moved.

Reactions: XtBimmer and pjb

·
Registered
661 Posts
13 months - I don’t know if I’m strong enough for that level of agony
So I figure my car will arrive July or August.
July 1 will be 13 months from pre-order.

The agony only started because I was able to see, touch and drive one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I figure my car will arrive July or August.
July 1 will be 13 months from pre-order.

The agony only started because I was able to see, touch and drive one.

I totally get it. A few months ago I attended a private presentation at my dealership and was able to see the car and get in it. I didn’t get to drive it, but I know what you’re talking about.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts