BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

Registered
M50, Dravit Gray, 20" 868M, Sep. 15th
My digital brochure 馃檪
The final changes have been made. Dravit gray, cognac M-sport seats carbon exterior and interior ++
Seems the 20 "wheels were strangely placed deep inside the wheel arch in the pictures and the movie:oops:... that's not quite right is it:unsure:馃槀

i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Seems the 20 "wheels were strangely placed deep inside the wheel arch in the pictures and the movie:oops:... that's not quite right is it:unsure:馃槀
No, but that's also the reason why you can't trust these rendered car pictures. It is always the same car, and they just changed some options, like a sunroof, back spoiler, laser lights, but also the wheels. They probably just changed the size of the wheel and thus did not take into account the thickness of the wheel, so it looks like it's on the same spot as a 19" wheel.
But don't forget the extra "lip" on the cars with 20" tires. It is (I think in every country) forbidden that the tires are wider than the car body, hence the "lip"
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle White
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle White

Reactions: M.Juul

Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
馃帀 I've finalized and placed my order for an BMW i4 M50 in Dravit Grey, with 19" - 859 M rims, blue brake calipers and Vernasca Cognac leather interior. M Sport Seats, Sunroof, Harman Kardon and Laser Lights.

I also added Extended Shadowline Trim and M Shadowline headlights for an even darker look. It also has Aluminium Rhombicle Anthrazit trim and seatbelts with M striping. Those are not shown in the table above, but do change the look.

@JST1963 I guess it's a little too late to add a column for the interior trim and some codes for these other options? I did spend some time clicking around to find cars with the different interior trim options. That I did that does show that this library is very useful; these digital brochures give a better impression of the car than the simple view on the configurator (except for the fact that the wheels are rendered too far inside compared to reality).

Discussion Starter · #84 ·
@JST1963 I guess it's a little too late to add a column for the interior trim and some codes for these other options? I did spend some time clicking around to find cars with the different interior trim options. That I did that does show that this library is very useful; these digital brochures give a better impression of the car than the simple view on the configurator (except for the fact that the wheels are rendered too far inside compared to reality).
Vincent, I did add yours to the list, and yes, it could be a good idea to add some more details, like the tinted windows. If you look at what is written in the table for yours and the one just before, it looks the same. But still, you have tinted windows and the other doesn't, and that gives a completely different effect even though they're just renderings of the same car. But I just need some time to do it...

Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Modified table: now with more options like Tinted Windows, Heated Steering Wheel, M Shadow line and Controls with a Galvanized Finish

Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Permanent Digital Brochures...

We all know that the digital brochures you receive from your dealer when you order a BMW, are not permanent. I believe after 6 months the link will not be valid anymore.
Therefore I already retrieved all the pictures and the movies from the DB's I received from you guys and stored them on my NAS. This was done automatically using a script, so don't think I spent hours and hours copying files from the net. It took me maybe an hour and a half for about 55 DB's, and I didn't even have to do something, just start the script 55 times with the correct link.
Anyway, I have them, and that's the most important thing. Even if the link is not available anymore, I still have everything.
I can now also make "permanent" digital brochures out of the saved pictures and movies, also automatically. For this, I just have to copy the saved files into another script that makes a new clip out of it all and puts it on YouTube...
Now, I'm not gonna make them all permanent, because that takes about 15 minutes per DB (rendering the new video, uploading to YouTube, check on YouTube, and linking it in the table). Once in a while, I will make one and put the YT-link in the table.
So, if you want me to make your digital brochure permanent, PM me, and I'll create one.

Registered
i4 eDrive40 18" 854 (ETA: WK38)

Registered
i4 eDrive40 18" 854 (ETA: WK38)
81 - 100 of 133 Posts