BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered: '23 i4 M50 Portimao Metallic Blue/Cognac Garage: '16 Audi S5
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about this question the other day and I don't recall anyone speaking to this.

When in B mode, enabling one-pedal driving, do the break lights come on when you completely come off the accelerator? What about if you just come off half-way to decelerate?

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
@BlueHoosier, yes, the brake lights will come on based on the degree of deceleration, regardless of pedal usage. See excerpt of the owner's manual:
Deceleration:
The degree of the deceleration depends on the selector lever position, the energy recovery setting and the driving situation.
Depending on the degree of the deceleration, the brake lights will come on without stepping on the brake pedal.
The deceleration very fast in selector lever position B.
During the deceleration, energy is recovered and the high-voltage battery is charged.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Almost hit someone at a redlight because i accidently press the gas pedal getting something in the passenger seat for my wife 0.o

• Wow
Reactions: BlueHoosier

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
@BlueHoosier, yes, the brake lights will come on based on the degree of deceleration, regardless of pedal usage. See excerpt of the owner's manual:
Deceleration:
The degree of the deceleration depends on the selector lever position, the energy recovery setting and the driving situation.
Depending on the degree of the deceleration, the brake lights will come on without stepping on the brake pedal.
The deceleration very fast in selector lever position B.
During the deceleration, energy is recovered and the high-voltage battery is charged.
That manual has a lot of stuff in it. Might be something I have to read 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes, works besides light decelerations.

Reactions: Elle BMW

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
30 Posts
In sport mode if you have the vehicle status screen on, the little picture of the car actually shows when the brake lights come on. Pretty handy. Lightly taking your foot off in B mode doesn’t trigger the brake lights.

·
Registered
Ordered: '23 i4 M50 Portimao Metallic Blue/Cognac Garage: '16 Audi S5
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That manual has a lot of stuff in it. Might be something I have to read 🤣 🤣 🤣
I downloaded the Drivers Guide app months ago. When you don't have a car, you can dream by reading the manual to put yourself to sleep at night. :p

I think I have read it 4 times now, plus consult on regular basis for verifying questions. Its helpful, but no replacement for sitting in the real car and messing around with the options.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
I downloaded the Drivers Guide app months ago. When you don't have a car, you can dream by reading the manual to put yourself to sleep at night. :p

I think I have read it 4 times now, plus consult on regular basis for verifying questions. Its helpful, but no replacement for sitting in the real car and messing around with the options.
You and me both, my friend!

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
If you look at the Live Vehicle, whatever that is called, on your screen while you are driving you can see your brake lights come on when the regen comes on in adaptive mode and I assume every mode. Kind of cool.

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 Spartanburg PC delivery 8/4/22 traded in Volvo XC40 EV
291 Posts

I did the same downloaded the pdf from a link I found in this forum and read the entire manual. 10 more days until my Spartanburg PC delivery.

·
Registered
289 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts