BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,888 Posts
That's brilliant! Great review and love that you love your new i4!

About this:
When it's really too slow for me, I'll wait until I find some room to overtake, steer to the left and let it accelerate again. I've gotten so relaxed this way that I've been slowed down by 15 km/h before noticing. 🐌
You might want to try the auto-lane-change if it's available to you. Touch the indicator when you're ready to overtake. The car will decide when you can move over and will accelerate to your set speed when it does. Kinda cool. Helpful when on a long cruise, I think.

Reactions: Vincent

· Administrator
7,888 Posts
That would be perfect.

Unfortunately, my car doesn't have Lane Change Assistant, even though it has Driving Assistant Professional. I'm not sure whether that is because of the "individual" color Dravit Grey or because of Dutch regulations.

My car also doesn't have Traffic Jam Assist and I'm not sure why that is either.
Ah! Bummer... sounds like it's a regulation limitation, since both are part of DAPP in the US.

· Administrator
7,888 Posts
In adaptive D mode, the car will slow down when there is car in front, when there is a round about in front or when navigation says to make a turn. Not for stoplights thought. Not sure about curves.
At least in the US, this is a setting called "Adapting to Route" in the manual. I do not have it turned on. Never liked it in my 330, so turned it off right away in my i4.

· Administrator
7,888 Posts
will that cause it change routes automatically to follow the route? I didn't know it could do that
This has to do with speed adjustments based on the route (slows down for big curves, etc.).

I'm not sure what you mean by "change routes automatically to follow the route."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts