BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to sort out exactly what driving assistance features are include in I4 e40 Msport. Does it include:

1. adaptive cruise control with stop and go;
2. Forward collision mitigation;
3. Active land keeping assist (lane centering) with side collision avoidance.

Likewise, is there 3D view?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trying to sort out exactly what driving assistance features are include in I4 e40 Msport. Does it include:

1. adaptive cruise control with stop and go;
2. Forward collision mitigation;
3. Active land keeping assist (lane centering) with side collision avoidance.

Likewise, is there 3D view?

Thanks.
It's very confusing because the different functions have similar names, and it's difficult to find any comprehensive source of info to describe them in detail. Having said that:

All builds of the i4 have the "Active Driving Assistant" as standard kit, which includes:
  • Forward-Collision Warning with Pedestrian Detection
  • Low-Speed Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Lane-Departure Warning
  • Blind-Spot Warning
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Warning
You can view this if you go through the build configurator, go to the summary page, then View Standard Features.

Adaptive cruise control (last I was able to find anyway) and active lane-keeping are part of the "Driving Assistance Professional Package," which is currently unavailable on the MY2023 eDrive40.

3D view is part of "Parking Assistance Package," which is also unavailable on MY2023 eDrive40.

(Edit: This applies to US builds. Some regions still have option packages available, and in many areas the Adaptive Cruise Control is standard.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the clarification. That is what I feared. It is disappointing that they do not include at least ACC as a standard feature, and likewise for 3D. (I traded my Tesla M3 for a Kia EV6 which of course includes those features, and many other things like HUD and active lane-keeping assist, which is fantastic. Also, coming from owning 2 teslas with FSD, and now having the EV6, it would take a lot of adjustment in terms of driving, especially on divided highways, to do without what really should be standard features.) But what I find unacceptable is that ACC, 3D and active lane-keeping are not even options. I am prepared to pay for those features, and just accept that this pay for each item is BMW's business model. But since that is not an option, I am seriously considering cancelling my allocation for week 37, especially since I have must been told I cannot get the tires or wheels I originally ordered.

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
54 Posts
Not sure what mean with "3D view", but ACC and Active Line Keeping are part of the Drive Assistance (Plus) system. The system basically drives by itself, but you have to keep your hands on the wheel all the time. And it sometimes loses track in difficult situations and asks you to take over.

It's a level 3 autonomous driving system (The 6 Levels of Vehicle Autonomy Explained | Synopsys Automotive)

Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By 3D I meant 3D view. The packaging for Australian cars is different. Seems that ACC is simply not an option in the US, and likewise for what is referred to above as steering and lane control assistant. Having driven only Tesla's for 6 years, doing without these features just doesn't work for me. I understand that may not be the case for people who haven't become accustomed to, and reliant on these features. But for for long highway drives, which I do in Utah regularly, I can't go back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m very surprised the i4 doesn’t have adaptive cruise control standard. I’m coming from a 2020 Mustang GT, and if that has it, no reason for an i4 not to. I’m still moving forward with my purchase, but it’s a little disappointing.

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,851 Posts
Not sure what mean with "3D view", but ACC and Active Line Keeping are part of the Drive Assistance (Plus) system. The system basically drives by itself, but you have to keep your hands on the wheel all the time. And it sometimes loses track in difficult situations and asks you to take over.

It's a level 3 autonomous driving system (The 6 Levels of Vehicle Autonomy Explained | Synopsys Automotive)
DAPP can also lose track of the lane with little warning. Best used on well maintained roads with gentle curves.

I also got the adaptive steering and suspension in the msport packages.

These make steering do easy that I don't often use the DAPP as much as at first.

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,967 Posts
I’m very surprised the i4 doesn’t have adaptive cruise control standard. I’m coming from a 2020 Mustang GT, and if that has it, no reason for an i4 not to. I’m still moving forward with my purchase, but it’s a little disappointing.
It was offered in 2022, but they seem to have run dramatically low on some of the components so have pulled the options from the e40.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was offered in 2022, but they seem to have run dramatically low on some of the components so have pulled the options from the e40.
I can live without it, I prefer just to drive most of the time anyway. Maybe I see some some features return by the time I actually get my car haha.

Reactions: ssh
1 - 11 of 11 Posts