BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently deciding which driving assistant to get. My config has the driving assistant professional, but I am wondering how much I will actually use it. For my daily drives I won’t use it at all and longer drives on the highway are quite rare. Maybe I should stick to the normal acc stop&go and put the savings towards better seats:)

Are others also just ordering the acc?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am currently deciding which driving assistant to get. My config has the driving assistant professional, but I am wondering how much I will actually use it. For my daily drives I won’t use it at all and longer drives on the highway are quite rare. Maybe I should stick to the normal acc stop&go and put the savings towards better seats:)

Are others also just ordering the acc?
Hi,

Yes ,I ordered just the normal driver asistent(witch includes Acc,blind spot assist,reversing camera ,revers assistent)for me it's enough as highway journeys are very rare for me and on national roads I prefer to drive myself the car .Currently I drive a 7 series G11 witch is equipped with the driving assisten profesional but I don't use it .
Regarding the seats part just to know the Msport seats ar a liitle bit harder then the normal sport seats and the space in the back would be smaller. I ordered normal seats but with electric controls because I don't like the looks of the seats with manual controls.Memory fuction is a plus but the car will be driven just buy me so don't use that either.

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
The Driving Assistant Professional Pack does have some interesting additional features over the "normal" Driving Assistant pack, and they're all Safety related
Here's an overview from the English website:
  • Distance Control (ACC with Stop&Go) for more comfort
  • active steering interventions for safe lane-keeping
  • warning in the event of an unintentional lane change
  • reduces side and rear-end collisions
  • improved safety in the event of crossing traffic
  • prevents speeding
If you think you will not use these options, then it would indeed be a waste of money (>2000 euro).
Now, spending that money on the M-Sport Seats, personally, I wouldn't do that. Even though they look great, they are harder and less comfortable. The electrical functions are standard on the M50 (except in Holland I think), and that is indeed also nice to have, especially if there is more than 1 driver. Personally, I also don't need them, but they are handy for my passenger who suffers from backaches all the time.
The memory settings are in a way also useless for me because I'm the only driver, but since they are standard I can use them to get easier in and out of the car :cautious:.
If had had extra money to spend, I would use it on laser lights, or on a sunroof, to make the interior brighter, especially if you choose a dark upholstery, with tinted windows in the back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Yes ,I ordered just the normal driver asistent(witch includes Acc,blind spot assist,reversing camera ,revers assistent)for me it's enough as highway journeys are very rare for me and on national roads I prefer to drive myself the car .Currently I drive a 7 series G11 witch is equipped with the driving assisten profesional but I don't use it .
Regarding the seats part just to know the Msport seats ar a liitle bit harder then the normal sport seats and the space in the back would be smaller. I ordered normal seats but with electric controls because I don't like the looks of the seats with manual controls.Memory fuction is a plus but the car will be driven just buy me so don't use that either.
regarding the seats and the comfort, is that based on personal experience? On other forums people say the m sport seats and normal sport seats have the same comfort, just more support on the sides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My dealer has a 4GC with the M sport seats and I found them a little harder that I'm used to. specially on the back side.It could be the new vernasca leather ,it could be the seats(I didn't tried the normal seats they were not available ) I just compare with the seats that I currently use in the G11.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have chosen the Driving Assistant package and the Distance Control (ACC with Stop&Go).

As much as I would love the visual gimmicks in the display showing the visual distance to surrounding cars, I will not be using the self-driving features of the Driving Assistant Professional package. What is more important for me is the Parking assistant plus features (360 camera etc.) as I will do lots of parking in the city.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I order Driving Assistant Professional with the hope that at some point there is a level 3 autonomous driving update, I'll be able to get it. Can anyone here let me know if that's true or not or can the normal Driving Assistant be able to be upgraded too. Either way, I love this tech and would want to have as an advanced package as I can get.

·
Registered
i4 M50
34 Posts
I also decided to upgrade to DA Pro. I do appreciate all technology that can save my life or help me to avoid accident due to my or someone else mistake. I have currently similar package in A5 and newer gen in A6 and I have found useful its presence. 2k EUR is not a lot for 5 years and priceless, if it will pre-warn me and stop the car or limit a chance that I will make mistake by correcting my drive behavior.
Last but not least... BMW is offering OTA upgrades for all these features. Recent one (2701) added better stay-in-lane feature with better management without road marks. In test car from BMW this was working like a charm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I order Driving Assistant Professional with the hope that at some point there is a level 3 autonomous driving update, I'll be able to get it. Can anyone here let me know if that's true or not or can the normal Driving Assistant be able to be upgraded too. Either way, I love this tech and would want to have as an advanced package as I can get.
I ordered mine with DA Pro. While I would expect some minor fixes / enhancements, I'm not counting on them making it into a level 3 OTA. I think I'll use the traffic jam features especially if I start having to go into the office more than once every two weeks. All of the potential accident avoidance stuff should be pretty handy.

·
Registered
2021 X5 45e
37 Posts
Hi,

I have different opinion. My previous G12 and current G05 have the comfort seat option. When choosing the seats for I4M50, I chose m-sport seats because they felt to me really close to my comfort seats. The standard sport seats felt extremely uncomfortable! However, I’d choose the comfort seats for my i4 as well if that was an option

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Driving Assistant Professional Pack does have some interesting additional features over the "normal" Driving Assistant pack, and they're all Safety related
  • prevents speeding
If you think you will not use these options, then it would indeed be a waste of money (>2000 euro).
Now, spending that money on the M-Sport Seats, personally, I wouldn't do that. Even though they look great, they are harder and less comfortable. The electrical functions are standard on the M50 (except in Holland I think), and that is indeed also nice to have, especially if there is more than 1 driver. Personally, I also don't need them, but they are handy for my passenger who suffers from backaches all the time.
The memory settings are in a way also useless for me because I'm the only driver, but since they are standard I can use them to get easier in and out of the car :cautious:.
If had had extra money to spend, I would use it on laser lights, or on a sunroof, to make the interior brighter, especially if you choose a dark upholstery, with tinted windows in the back.
Careful with the standard seats, I think when you select those, “Removal of passenger lumbar support” is automatically added to the build. The only way to keep it at the moment with the shortages is by selecting the M Sport or ventilated seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
  • prevents speeding
Hm that is why I am choosing only the acc with stop&go (500€). That is enough for my needs. And since I have laser light and hc sound System already selected, i will go for the m seats in Cognac. Makes the interior so much more sporty and luxurious (in my opinion) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts