BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see clearly from the pictures. Does anyone know if the I4 has a cd/dvd slot for the infotainment system?

Dan

·
Registered
272 Posts
No cd or dvd player. But you can play music using bluetooth connection with your phone (direct connection, Apple Carplay or Android auto) or audio/video by plugging in a usb stick.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Or if you have Connected Music, you can add your Spotify account to the car and have music that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not been able to order my car yet (USA) only pre-order slot.
The reason I ask is that I'm wondering the possibility that the Idrive maybe has a spare video input that is shut off in software. If the same unit is expected to port to the higher end vehicles, then it may be possible that an input was designed into the system for an external DVD player, that I could take advantage of.

Currently, my 2016 435i has a Bimmertech multimedia interface (MMI) which allows me to add 3 additional inputs I use 1 for screen mirroring of my iphone, 1 for a nose camera so I don't run over a parking bumper, and 1 for an aftermarket night vision system. But of course If there is any native video inputs that we can use, I would prefer that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not been able to order my car yet (USA) only pre-order slot.
The reason I ask is that I'm wondering the possibility that the Idrive maybe has a spare video input that is shut off in software. If the same unit is expected to port to the higher end vehicles, then it may be possible that an input was designed into the system for an external DVD player, that I could take advantage of.

Currently, my 2016 435i has a Bimmertech multimedia interface (MMI) which allows me to add 3 additional inputs I use 1 for screen mirroring of my iphone, 1 for a nose camera so I don't run over a parking bumper, and 1 for an aftermarket night vision system. But of course If there is any native video inputs that we can use, I would prefer that.
So far, I don't think anybody knows, as the idrive8 system is so new. So we will have to wait and see if there is any possibility to add extra inputs. There is also no TV tuner option available for the i4. I would expect the iX would have had this as an option. The new Mercedes EQS has digital TV tuner as an option... Normally this input could be used to add your own aftermarket video solutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts