BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,570 Posts
Is the second $20 deposit recorded under EA in the bmw app or in the original EA app?

Is it possible that you have two listings for your account, and a credit in each?

one way to check would be to charge for a minute after setting to the credit card payment method. Then your account should have a credit of $19.50 or so.

then check both apps to see whether they both show the same amount, or whether one still has $20.

· Registered
2022 i4 M50 - Brooklyn Gray
323 Posts
I just checked my EA app and it still shows the bmw premium plan.

would I not be able to continue using that?
You can continue to use EA app. I think at some point bmw is going to force everyone.

· Registered
323 Posts
Is the second $20 deposit recorded under EA in the bmw app or in the original EA app?

Is it possible that you have two listings for your account, and a credit in each?

one way to check would be to charge for a minute after setting to the credit card payment method. Then your account should have a credit of $19.50 or so.

then check both apps to see whether they both show the same amount, or whether one still has $20.
It was supposed to be migrated. Mybmw shows the premium offer but it does not show any credit. I think it is a bug in the system.

Reactions: gsbaker

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I’m really confused by the EA enrollment process. I signed up for the EA promo through the MyBMW app but how do I access the free charging through the EA app? It seems like my EA account isn’t linked to whatever account the BMW app is using even though my email address is the same for both

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I’m really confused by the EA enrollment process. I signed up for the EA promo through the MyBMW app but how do I access the free charging through the EA app? It seems like my EA account isn’t linked to whatever account the BMW app is using even though my email address is the same for both
Well this is ridiculous. I just called Electrify America to figure out what’s going on. If you sign up for the offer through the BMW app you CANNOT use the EA app for charging via the free charging promo offer. It can only be done through the BMW app, but the BMW app doesn’t have as good of info about the EA chargers and doesn’t show them all. They also said existing BMW EA users are going to be migrated to using the BMW app for charging, whatever that means.

The only positive is when signing up for the EA offer through the BMW app, my two year contracts expires two years from today, when I enrolled, and not two years from the purchase date. That may be an error they’re going to fix but for now it’s 2 years from sign up date.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
I just checked my EA app and it still shows the bmw premium plan.

would I not be able to continue using that?
Absolutely you can. I will not move it to the MyBMW app until they pry it from my grasping fist.

• Haha

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
FYI I looked in my EA app today and the premium plan is gone; when I tried to re-enter the promo code (build number plus year) it errors out.
Did you put it in the MyBMW app? It's still in my EA app, but I'm not putting it into the MyBMW app... ever!

· Registered
939 Posts
I do not have the EA app at all, only the MyBMW app, and I signed up through it (based on the directions provided).

I charged again today, and I have been charged $20 each time, even though the session is free. The $20 is charged at the beginning of the session. I thought it was a hold at first, but the one from the 13th hasn't come back off yet. So far, my "free" charging has cost me $40. :(

• Angry
Reactions: ssh

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
Nope, I was putting that off for the same reason as you.
That's nuts! What a freakin' mess. I guess you'll need to call EA if it doesn't come back. Have you tried a browser to their site?

· Registered
939 Posts
That's nuts! What a freakin' mess. I guess you'll need to call EA if it doesn't come back. Have you tried a browser to their site?
No, I have not. Do I even have an actual EA account, since I signed up through BMW app? I'm not 100% sure.

· Registered
939 Posts
I just did a short charge at a local EA station to see if the myBMW app worked and it did without a hitch :cool:
Did you get charged $20?

(note that the rest of the process worked fine)

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
Did you get charged $20?

(note that the rest of the process worked fine)
A real charge shouldn't cost you that much, anyway...

Reactions: Sesh Kami

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,788 Posts
After trying back and forth between the EA app and the BMW app the past couple of weeks, I think I have my premium offer reactivated, eventually being successful through the BMW app.
We'll see how long it lasts this time.
:sneaky:

· Registered
323 Posts
I charged my car using myBMW app on Jan 10, and the EA charge is still on my credit card as pending, I am hoping it will disappear tomorrow or some time soon.
What doesn't make sense is I have $20 deposit in EA account (for any idle fees). They should be using that money instead of putting a hold on credit card at every charging session. It maybe a hold and disappear, but it puts a burden on us to keep watching they don't become a permanent charge.

Reactions: linerjoe
21 - 40 of 53 Posts