BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
939 Posts
A real charge shouldn't cost you that much, anyway...
sure it would. These chargers are $0.43/kWh. I had another 25% capacity to go, if I wanted, and would certainly be over $20.

Btw, logging into EA account seems to use some form of SSO through login.mybmwusa.com, and I can't find any direct login to electrifyamerica.com.
Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,570 Posts
I charged my car using myBMW app on Jan 10, and the EA charge is still on my credit card as pending, I am hoping it will disappear tomorrow or some time soon.
What doesn't make sense is I have $20 deposit in EA account (for any idle fees). They should be using that money instead of putting a hold on credit card at every charging session. It maybe a hold and disappear, but it puts a burden on us to keep watching they don't become a permanent charge.
Well, it is a charging app.

· Registered
197 Posts
That's nuts! What a freakin' mess. I guess you'll need to call EA if it doesn't come back. Have you tried a browser to their site?
Just has a call with EA. They could see that my car was previously enrolled; they have to perform a "VIN reset" on the back end, which should allow me top re-enroll just fine. All in, the call took about 15 minutes and the person I spoke with was knowledgeable and empowered.

· Registered
Apline White 2022 i4 eDrive40
28 Posts
Hi everyone. I am trying to migrate my Electrify America Plan to MyBMW App. I forgot my Promo Code. I am stuck at Enrollment Code in the myBMW App. It is a combo of build code and last two digits of model year I believe. Where do I find my build code? The Premium Plan has already disappeared from the EA App. Can they both make it harder for us to live our lives? I walked into EA to charge and the old way where a slider appeared to charge on the App, did not work. I tapped my iPhone on the station pad and it took my credit card instead of the EA digital card. Sigh. I rarely use them but every time I do, there is a drama of some kind. Thanks.

Attachments

· Registered
197 Posts
Hi everyone. I am trying to migrate my Electrify America Plan to MyBMW App. I forgot my Promo Code. I am stuck at Enrollment Code in the myBMW App. It is a combo of build code and last two digits of model year I believe. Where do I find my build code? The Premium Plan has already disappeared from the EA App. Can they both make it harder for us to live our lives? I walked into EA to charge and the old way where a slider appeared to charge on the App, did not work. I tapped my iPhone on the station pad and it took my credit card instead of the EA digital card. Sigh. I rarely use them but every time I do, there is a drama of some kind. Thanks.
If the premium plan is already gone you will need to call EA and ask for a VIN reset, which will enable you to re-enter the information in the BMW app.

Your build code icon your build sheet from the dealer.

· Premium Member
981 Posts
Charged with the BMW app today for the first time. The experience was largely indistinguishable from the EA app. Worked exactly as it should.
Still no way I'm switching from EA to BMW charging ;) What do you think @ssh ?

· Registered
Apline White 2022 i4 eDrive40
28 Posts
I do not think you have a choice! After 37 minutes on the phone with EA (nice lady), teleconferencing BMW Genius who had to provide the Promo Code and verify my eligibility (LoL) we hung up and she said I would be getting an email or a phone call from EA to finish up the transfer setup! Nightmare is not over yet!! If you decide to, do not transfer! Have them do it.

· Premium Member
981 Posts
Like I said, it's indistinguishable from the EA app once it's set up. I don't see what the affection for the EA app is all about, TBH.
Did you not just have issues 10 days ago with your promo and BMW app? :) I don't want to have any issues or to call anyone to address them, put EA and BMW on a conference call, etc. That's why.

· Registered
197 Posts
Did you not just have issues 10 days ago with your promo and BMW app? :) I don't want to have any issues or to call anyone to address them, put EA and BMW on a conference call, etc. That's why.
Yes, the issue was that the promo suddenly disappeared from my EA app (not the BMW one). Once I called EA (it took 15 mins, no conference calls required), it was done.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts

· Premium Member
981 Posts
Not until they pry it from my cold hands!
Here’s a simple example that proves unequivocally that the MyBMW-Electrify America integration does not properly work and is without a doubt, a bad idea to switch to MyBMW for charging (unless you are forced).

I did a search this evening for Electrify America charging locations around Paso Robles. The MyBMW doesn’t even show the 4/4 available charging stations in Paso Robles, CA, it doesn’t show that charging location at all. The databases are clearly out of sync.
Map Line Parallel Terrestrial plant Slope

41 - 53 of 53 Posts