BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this happen several times now, apparently at random, where the engine appears to be in neutral when I am depressing accelerator pedal. Most recently while normal driving in Comfort Mode on freeway at about 70MPH. Just moving along and all of a sudden I get no acceleration while depressing accelerator. It corrects after a few seconds. Is this a recognized issue? I did not accidentally move drive train into Neutral position from what I could tell. Thanks, Don in San Diego

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,692 Posts
Sounds like the issue that is causing a recall as I remember. Losing power and regaining it again. Its recommended to take it into the service center quickly.

Reactions: NCe40

· Registered
61 Posts
Seems like it could be a safety issue, I would bring it in for service and have it looked at.

Just a thought... by any chance were you in D mode with Adaptive regen? Could the adaptive be wanting you to coast for some reason (car ahead of you...), or maybe it's overactive? Still, probably should have it looked at...

· Registered
I4 eDrive40 M-Sport 2023
86 Posts
Seems like it could be a safety issue, I would bring it in for service and have it looked at.

Just a thought... by any chance were you in D mode with Adaptive regen? Could the adaptive be wanting you to coast for some reason (car ahead of you...), or maybe it's overactive? Still, probably should have it looked at...
I can’t believe the adaptive Regen would do that. The accelerator overrides everything in that space surely, it’s a safety issue surely to have power, when you need it. That sounds like a fault to me, fyi mine has never done anything like that.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
I can’t believe the adaptive Regen would do that. The accelerator overrides everything in that space surely, it’s a safety issue surely to have power, when you need it. That sounds like a fault to me, fyi mine has never done anything like that.
Absolutely! Adaptive only addresses what happens when you remove pressure from the pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts