BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
331 Posts
I think we've seen it before. I remember the guy, but it says 9 hours ago, Maybe it was a shorter version?
Anyway...
It's the same guy that did a somewhat identical M50 review earlier

Good review of the i4 in Munich show.

note that he locks de car in order to do the review :) also at minute 4 the pull down on id8 sw, never had seen it before. And the M badge inside the engine

·
Registered
285 Posts
And you can hear the dry closing door sound at around 5:32 :confused:
I must admit that I always thought the somehow "muffled" sound of my 4 series to be an advantage. The con are relatives who think that they have to slam the doors to make them shut properly.

The frameless windows were always a bit impractical. My father in law who is in his eighties always has difficulties to get in the low seats of the car and without window frames he has nothing to hold on to for support.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The frameless windows were always a bit impractical. My father in law who is in his eighties always has difficulties to get in the low seats of the car and without window frames he has nothing to hold on to for support.
Yeah, about the frameless windows I have one more concern about the constant (although short) up and down that they do every time you open/close the door.
(I had some problems with the mechanisms of an Audi I owned, with a window that went down a little 2 seconds after I closed the car). It goes with the territory I guess.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
496 Posts
Yeah, about the frameless windows I have one more concern about the constant (although short) up and down that they do every time you open/close the door.
(I had some problems with the mechanisms of an Audi I owned, with a window that went down a little 2 seconds after I closed the car). It goes with the territory I guess.
Yes I know somebody with that mechanism on his Volks Beetle and in winter season it was a mess to open the door because the car was outside :(

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm
Here a new video with many explanations on the I4 !!
Hm!
This video is made by a TTS voice reading parts from a 53 pages pdf I had since June!
There is a long and a short version of the text. I recognise the style immediately.

It's nice if you prefer listening than reading.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok. The same guy just did a similar review of Mercedes EQE
Obviously that car is a competitor of the upcoming i5 and not the i4, but because is the same Guy, probably on the same day, doing the same kind of review, it might be useful to compare the quality of the i4 with its main rival company.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok. The same guy just did a similar review of Mercedes EQE
Obviously that car is a competitor of the upcoming i5 and not the i4, but because is the same Guy, probably on the same day, doing the same kind of review, it might be useful to compare the quality of the i4 with its main rival company.

definitely a competitor for the i4 but I haven’t been a fan of merc styling inside or out for a long time and this is no exception. The best interior imo is the Porsche taycan however too much controlled thru the touch screen and taycan is very wide for uk roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.