BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you know if we can be more than one user on these cars?, on the wife's i3s it can only be one user, very stupid if you have it as a family car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you know if we can be more than one user on these cars?, on the wife's i3s it can only be one user, very stupid if you have it as a family car.
Yes you can. You can have what's called a BMW ID with your preffered driver profile, and you can switch profiles in the car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Multiple people can use the same car and a person can use multiple cars and their user profile is synced along. A profile can also be bound to a keyfob, so that when you use this keyfob, your profile is pre-selected on the car. It was introduced with iDrive 7.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeeah I dd actually buy an iPhone 13 pro because I thought the UWB stuff would work with the i4. I only use it for payment, boarding cards, ID, everything, so I would be glad to get rid of the key fob as well....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you can. You can have what's called a BMW ID with your preffered driver profile, and you can switch profiles in the car.
Thanks!, but does this mean that you can connect several iphones and open the app to put on preconditioning for example? As it is now we can only have one phone working with one BMW id. The other persons can have the app, but are not able to login with the same BMW id, and it cannot have more than one id per car....it worked well until perhaps 6 months ago when they "updated" the software.....claims it is a security reason behind!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts