BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 21 of 23 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I thought I was done adding extras to my order, but this morning I saw some extras that I hadn't paid much attention to so far.

So far the order includes (amongst others) M50, Fully Charged, Driving Assistant Plus, HK Sound.

I can order "Apple Car Play preparation", but isn't this standard on the car?

"Connected Package Professional" what do I get extra here? The description talk about "Remote Services" and "Smartphone Integration", but again, isn't this standard?

There is also "Mode 3 Charging Cable". Is that the cable I need to charge at public AC chargers? If so, shouldn't that be standard?

I'm currently below a psychological sweet spot price-wise right now, so would hate to have to add more...

/Mikael

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a note: Different countries have different "packages" so to be sure you have to ask your dealer.
For example there is no "Connected Package Professional" here in Greece at all!
You are absolutely right, but as the things mentioned are not packages, but specific extras, I thought somebody might know what they contain.

Connected Pacakge Pro also exists in Germany and there it is included. The Danish configurator does not contain pricing, so what you can see is what is included and what is extra, however not the price. I went to the dealer today and asked them specifically and they said it was all included and that it was the configurator that was wrong. Now I just hope that is correct...

· Registered
769 Posts
The below is all standard equipment for edrive40 and M50 in Denmark. So apple CarPlay, connected Services etc. comes as standard.
  • Automatisk bagklap (316)
  • Cloth/Sensatec combination (KFSW)
  • 17″ letmetalfælge V-spoke style 851 (3F0)
  • Gulvmåtter i velour (423)
  • El-indfoldelige sidespejle m. antiblænd funktion (430)
  • Antiblænd bakspejl (431)
  • Opbevarningspakke (493)
  • Sædevarme, foran (494)
  • Instrumentpanel i kunstlæder (4AW)
  • Acoustic protection for pedestrians (4U9)
  • Klimaautomatik, 3-zoner (534)
  • Airbag deaktivering (5DA)
  • Parking Assistant (5DM)
  • DAB Tuner (654)
  • Bluetooth med udvidet smartphone funktion (6NS)
  • 6U2 BMW Live Cockpit Plus (6U2)
  • ConnectedDrive Services (3 år), inkl. Apps (6C3)
    • Remote Services (3 år)
    • Real Time Traffic Information (3 år)
    • Concierge Service (engelsktalende, 3 år)
    • Connected Music (3 år)
    • Apple CarPlay
  • Widescreen display (6WC)
i4 M50
Udstyr udover standardudstyr:

And in the pdf price list from JN these cables should be included for all models:

4T1Standard charging cable (mode 2) for domestic power sockets
4T2 Fast charging cable (mode 3)

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The below is all standard equipment for edrive40 and M50 in Denmark. So apple CarPlay, connected Services etc. comes as standard.
  • Automatisk bagklap (316)
  • Cloth/Sensatec combination (KFSW)
  • 17″ letmetalfælge V-spoke style 851 (3F0)
  • Gulvmåtter i velour (423)
  • El-indfoldelige sidespejle m. antiblænd funktion (430)
  • Antiblænd bakspejl (431)
  • Opbevarningspakke (493)
  • Sædevarme, foran (494)
  • Instrumentpanel i kunstlæder (4AW)
  • Acoustic protection for pedestrians (4U9)
  • Klimaautomatik, 3-zoner (534)
  • Airbag deaktivering (5DA)
  • Parking Assistant (5DM)
  • DAB Tuner (654)
  • Bluetooth med udvidet smartphone funktion (6NS)
  • 6U2 BMW Live Cockpit Plus (6U2)
  • ConnectedDrive Services (3 år), inkl. Apps (6C3)
    • Remote Services (3 år)
    • Real Time Traffic Information (3 år)
    • Concierge Service (engelsktalende, 3 år)
    • Connected Music (3 år)
    • Apple CarPlay
  • Widescreen display (6WC)
i4 M50
Udstyr udover standardudstyr:

And in the pdf price list from JN these cables should be included for all models:

4T1Standard charging cable (mode 2) for domestic power sockets
4T2 Fast charging cable (mode 3)
Thank you for confirming. Weird that the configurator doesn't list it as included.

· Registered
29 Posts
From experience I can tell you that the psychological sweet spot tends to be a moving target. Quite flexible indeed.
I pretty much selected all options but the M-Seats (dont want expensive leather to be destroyed by my 4 kids) ;) - also from Denmark. BMW adjusted some prices today and i actually got ~25.000DKK(4K USD) extra "discount" on my order. That just resulted in me adding the last few options i didn't tick initially (lumbar support, galvanized buttons, etc) as i already had decided for my final price :D

· Registered
769 Posts
I pretty much selected all options but the M-Seats (dont want expensive leather to be destroyed by my 4 kids) ;) - also from Denmark. BMW adjusted some prices today and i actually got ~25.000DKK(4K USD) extra "discount" on my order. That just resulted in me adding the last few options i didn't tick initially (lumbar support, galvanized buttons, etc) as i already had decided for my final price :D
Congratulations with your order :D would also like to know if you have ordered from BAG or JN and what price adjustments you was informed about ?

· Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations with your order :D would also like to know if you have ordered from BAG or JN and what price adjustments you was informed about ?
Initially the Drivers Assistance Pro pack was priced 25.000DKK as an option - adjusted to DKK ~7800 as per yesterday as it is an extra to the regular Drivers Assistance in the Fully Charged pack (JN).

This with an extra overall discount saved me in the range of 30.000-35.000 DKK.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Initially the Drivers Assistance Pro pack was priced 25.000DKK as an option - adjusted to DKK ~7800 as per yesterday as it is an extra to the regular Drivers Assistance in the Fully Charged pack (JN).

I have been pushing hard both on BAG and JN to get the "right" upgrade price for Drivers Assistance Pro. So I was also glad when I heard that the price was corrected.(y)

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking hey 600 isn't that much, but then I realized it's DKK. You guys are rich!
Not rich in any way. However, compared to a 440i, the price is a steal :) So we are used to paying a lot for our cars.

i4 M50 base: 563.200 DKK (89 KUSD)
M440i Coupe base: 889.051 DKK (140 KUSD) - I don't know the Gran Coupe pricing

And please note that base equipment is VERY basic.

· Registered
32 Posts

Hmm, thats interesting. I ordered mine with the Supercharged pack and one of the main things I wanted was DA Proff. With this new price adjustment, the price of Fully Charged plus what's extra in the Supercharged pack arrives at almost the same price. The leather dash and the heated rear seats I can definitely do without, so that would save me almost DKK 18.000 - definitely worth considering :unsure:

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm, thats interesting. I ordered mine with the Supercharged pack and one of the main things I wanted was DA Proff. With this new price adjustment, the price of Fully Charged plus what's extra in the Supercharged pack arrives at almost the same price. The leather dash and the heated rear seats I can definitely do without, so that would save me almost DKK 18.000 - definitely worth considering :unsure:
I ended up with the same conclusion and the same equipment that I can do without. Supercharged is too expensive and actually costs the same as the individual prices.

· Registered
32 Posts
I ended up with the same conclusion and the same equipment that I can do without. Supercharged is too expensive and actually costs the same as the individual prices.
Can I ask if you are dealing with BAG og JN? I am with JN (Kastrup) so would be nice to know before contacting them. Hope I can make the change even though I have signed the papers already🤞

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can I ask if you are dealing with BAG og JN? I am with JN (Kastrup) so would be nice to know before contacting them. Hope I can make the change even though I have signed the papers already🤞
That is kind of a tricky question. Initially I went with BAG, as JN sales people didn't seem to be interested in selling the car. Then I talked to Jan Nygaard, who I have known for 20 years at an IX event, and he was not happy with his people. Instead he made sure that I got a good offer. In the meantime it seems as if BAG has forgotten about me, as they were to come up with the upgrade price for DA Pro, but haven't returned yet.

I can't imagine them not letting you change the configuration so early in the process.

1 - 21 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.