BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the i4 is a bit of a rare bird in the UK, I wondered if anyone fancied meeting with their cars to swap notes, have a nose at each other‘s spec, and generally find an excuse to drive somewhere. I’m based in Bath in the SW, so would happily head up the M5 or along the M4. Of course, if you’re keenly waiting for your new car, you don’t have to come along in an i4…

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
369 Posts
I might be up for this - I’m near Reading, straight down the M4 from you. Of course, I don’t have my car yet…

·
Registered
369 Posts
Second week of August at the moment. You’ve got your car?

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know of a decent place along the M4 corridor then? Like one of those car-meet cafes you see on Wheeler Dealer Dream Car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. Any preferred days of the week and times? I assume a Sat/Sun would be best for those with jobs (I 'work' from home).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, a Sunday suits me too. Anyone know of any decent locations, pubs, or a decent motorway service station?

·
Registered
369 Posts
There's Chieveley Services, but that's only one junction up from me so not much of a drive! 😄 Avebury is nice, but I'd imagine it'd be full of tourists by now - and anyone coming from the east would have to go through Marlborough, which is a bit rubbish.

Anyone with any better ideas?

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
152 Posts
There's Chieveley Services, but that's only one junction up from me so not much of a drive! 😄 Avebury is nice, but I'd imagine it'd be full of tourists by now - and anyone coming from the east would have to go through Marlborough, which is a bit rubbish.

Anyone with any better ideas?
If we’re looking at service stations along the M4 corridor, Membury might be a better bet. It’s a bit further west than Cheivley, and doesn’t get anywhere near as busy.
More equidistant from the West Country and Thames Valley too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Membury services fine by me. So, which Sunday shall we aim for? July 17th any good For a first attempt?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, the Vauxhall Vivaro is a stunning minibus – especially in that silver-grey colour scheme.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My build has been pushed back to August, so probably not a lot of point me attending unless you don't mind me drooling all over your cars. 😄

1 - 20 of 57 Posts