BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
333 Posts
We can drool over your 5-litre V8 Range Rover!
Feel free - but in that case I'd better wash it, it's a complete shed at the moment. 😄

·
Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey M Sports Seats Comfort Pack Park Assistant Plus Extended Shadow Line
176 Posts
We need a Northern meet also but later in the year when more cars are delivered.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As the i4 is a bit of a rare bird in the UK, I wondered if anyone fancied meeting with their cars to swap notes, have a nose at each other‘s spec, and generally find an excuse to drive somewhere. I’m based in Bath in the SW, so would happily head up the M5 or along the M4. Of course, if you’re keenly waiting for your new car, you don’t have to come along in an i4…
I'm from Canada so unfortunately I won't make it, but it looks like you're getting great responses. This might be the 1st car meet ever organized on this forum!
Please take photos and post!

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I’m happy to do whenever, as long as I’m not just meeting myself an hour down the motorway.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, same. But no idea when the car is going to turn up! With the latest rumours of DAPP making a return, I’m going to ask my dealer to add it. So I might be looking at next year now!

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
August sounds like a plan then (Polestars and Range Rovers welcome). Need to figure out where at the services, as some us will be on the eastbound and others the westbound. I'm going to abdicate this responsibility as I've no sense of direction. And I'm more of an M5 man (God, how many times from Bath to the West Midlands over the years...)

·
Registered
333 Posts
The services aren't a very exciting place, though. May I suggest we all find somewhere nice to meet near the nearest junction instead? That way we won't have eastbound vs. westbound, and we won't all be fleeced rotten by Membury Services. 😄

·
Registered
71 Posts
The services aren't a very exciting place, though. May I suggest we all find somewhere nice to meet near the nearest junction instead? That way we won't have eastbound vs. westbound, and we won't all be fleeced rotten by Membury Services. 😄
Yeah good shout, maybe somewhere just off the motorway network (M4). Like a retail park with a Costa or something?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is somewhere on the outskirts of Swindon better for people travelling from the various directions. I am coming from Stratford upon avon. There is Coate water park - never been but has a cafe. Probably gets busy later on but I am happy for an early start as I will avoid motorways and enjoy an early morning drive.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That sounds nice. Or somewhere round Hungerford, maybe, if we’re going to have more parking?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
A decent pub with possibly a beer garden, but at least a large car park would be ideal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
A decent pub with possibly a beer garden, but at least a large car park would be ideal.
Now you’re talkin’! 😂

·
Registered
I4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
6 Posts
I've just found this forum, and will be picking up a M50 on Saturday (got lucky with a cancelled order, the iDrive40 I ordered in Feb probably would not be built until next Feb, as you know!

I see a meeting has not yet taken place but I'd be up for one. May I suggest that this could be good event to do so: Simply BMW | 18th September 2022 | Beaulieu, National Motor Museum. (Beaulieu motor museum, 18th Sept.) We could attend as a 'club' and park together.

As i4s are like rocking horse droppings on UK roads at the moment, there could be wider interest in them.

LMKWYT...

21 - 40 of 57 Posts