BMW i4 Forum banner

What are you most curious to learn about the car?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow i4 enthusiasts,

Picked up my long-awaited beautiful car today (finally!). It has been a long wait (but I know it hasn't been as long as some of you here so I will count myself lucky and thank my dealership). As far as I know, this wasn't a cancelled spot or anything. My order just happened to arrive sooner than expected. I lost some of my desired features such as DAPP and PAP when my model year was changed from 22 to 23. I wish I could do something about those missing features, but I cant, and it's still a phenomenal car so nothing to complain there.

My build:

Model:
2023 E-Drive40
Color: Portimao Blue Metallic with Cognac interior
Wheels: 19" M All Season
Packages:
  • M Sport package
  • Shadowline package
  • Premium package
Other add-ons:
  • Head-up display
  • Wireless charging
  • Harman Kardon surround sound system
  • Extended Shadowline Trim

I received many cancelled order offers during this period, but never found everything I wanted in any. So I decided to wait for my own order. Here's a detailed schedule from order to delivery hoping this would help anyone waiting for their order. I will share pictures of the car and some reviews of it as I drive it over the coming days.

Schedule details:
  • Order placed - March 25 2022 (At this point I was 3rd in the list of orders in the order bank of the dealer)
  • Production number received from dealer - June 29
  • Scheduled for production / VIN - June 5
  • Production begins - June 6
  • Exterior body assembly begins - July 27
  • In paint booth - July 28
  • Entering assembly line - July 29
  • Assembly in progress - July 29
  • Quality check - July 29
  • Final assembly - Aug 1
  • Ready for transport - Aug 1
  • Awaiting carrier assignment - Aug 1
  • Dispatched from factory - Aug 1
  • At port - Aug 4
  • In transit - Aug 9
    • Vessel: Themis Leader
    • Initial Estd. Arrival - Aug 30
    • Arrived at Port Hueneme VDC - Sep 4 (arrival was delayed from initial estimate of Aug 30)
  • At port - September 4
    • Processed & Dispatched to carrier - Sep 7 (Informed by BMW genius)
  • In transit (to dealership in Northern California) - Sep 7
    • Expected to arrive at dealership - Sep 9 (Informed by BMW genius)
  • At dealership - Sep 8 (the online tracker hadn't updated yet, but I received a call from my dealer informing me that the car has arrived. The tracker updated eventually in a few hours)
  • Delivered - Sep 9 [ Took delivery a day later. Dealership had to do PDI, charge the car battery to 100% on a non-DC charger (which as I was told is mandatory) and put tinting on all rear windows (a charged service my dealership offers) ]
Hopefully all of you get your cars soon so we can all share our wonderful experiences. Until then, if you have any any questions or would like to know anything about the car definitely comment.

Also here are some pictures of the beaut:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Car Vehicle Hood Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2023 I4 e40Drive | Alpine White | Black Sensatec | Premium Package | HK Audio | Icon Headlights
6 Posts
Congrats! Mind telling us which dealership you worked with? I placed my order through Fremont and am curious how they are with dealer add ons (except tinting since I plan to get that done regardless). I have bought a used 330e from them and had a smooth buy no pressure for add ons, but not sure if they'll push on getting any add ons for a new car.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Stunning car!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Front door looks like East Bay BMW. Thats where I got mine 7/31. Just went there last Tues to pickup all weather mats.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats! Mind telling us which dealership you worked with? I placed my order through Fremont and am curious how they are with dealer add ons (except tinting since I plan to get that done regardless). I have bought a used 330e from them and had a smooth buy no pressure for add ons, but not sure if they'll push on getting any add ons for a new car.
As far as I know back few months ago Fremont does not have add ons but a flat $1500 markup on cancelled order that becomes in stock, not sure now.

Reactions: adsehgal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s the East Bay BMW dealership. They were transparent and kept the process quite straight forward.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Picked up my long-awaited beautiful car today (finally!). It has been a long wait (but I know it hasn't been as long as some of you here so I will count myself lucky and thank my dealership). As far as I know, this wasn't a cancelled spot or anything. My order just happened to arrive sooner than expected. I lost some of my desired features such as DAPP and PAP when my model year was changed from 22 to 23. I wish I could do something about those missing features, but I cant, and it's still a phenomenal car so nothing to complain there.

My build:

Model:
2023 E-Drive40
Packages:
  • M Sport package
  • Shadowline package
  • Premium package
Other add-ons:
  • Head-up display
  • Wireless charging

I received many cancelled order offers during this period, but never found everything I wanted in any. So I decided to wait for my own order. Here's a detailed schedule from order to delivery hoping this would help anyone waiting for their order. I will share pictures of the car and some reviews of it as I drive it over the coming days.

Schedule details:
  • Order placed - March 25 2022 (At this point I was 3rd in the list of orders in the order bank of the dealer)
  • Final assembly - Aug 1
  • At port - Aug 4
  • In transit- Aug 9
    • Arrived at Port Hueneme VDC - Sep 4 (arrival was delayed from initial estimate of Aug 30)
  • At port - September 4
  • In transit(to dealership in Northern California) - Sep 7
  • At dealership - Sep 8 (the online tracker hadn't updated yet, but I received a call from my dealer informing me that the car has arrived. The tracker updated eventually in a few hours)
  • Delivered - Sep 9 [ Took delivery a day later. Dealership had to do PDI, charge the car battery to 100% on a non-DC charger (which as I was told is mandatory) and put tinting on all rear windows (a charged service my dealership offers) ]
Hopefully all of you get your cars soon so we can all share our wonderful experiences. Until then, if you have any any questions or would like to know anything about the car definitely comment.

View attachment 15582
View attachment 15585
View attachment 15583
View attachment 15584
Congratulations! And, thank you for the detailed chronology. It is encouraging.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,514 Posts
I can't help but think that you may have been given a cancelled pre-order?
I ordered my e40 in late December, and picked it up just 3 weeks ago, and I know for certain that I was given a cancelled slot. I don't think that they've completely caught up on e40 pre-order backlog, but your timeline makes it clear to me that they are definitely clearing that e40 backlog, and are at least getting closer.

Also of interest, I think that you may have the first west coast MY2023 delivery on the forum?

Congrats, and try not to hit any flying scaffolding parts like I have.

Reactions: LionXV and ssh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I can't help but think that you may have been given a cancelled pre-order?
I ordered my e40 in late December, and picked it up just 3 weeks ago, and I know for certain that I was given a cancelled slot. I don't think that they've completely caught up on e40 pre-order backlog, but your timeline makes it clear to me that they are definitely clearing that e40 backlog, and are at least getting closer.

Also of interest, I think that you may have the first west coast MY2023 delivery on the forum?

Congrats, and try not to hit any flying scaffolding parts like I have.
I confirmed with my SA and he did say I didn’t get any cancelled spot. BMW just happen to catch up on their e40 production apparently. Hopefully it’s the same for everyone’s orders.
Lol thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye out for them 😂

·
Registered
603 Posts

My build:

Model:
2023 E-Drive40
Packages:
  • M Sport package
  • Shadowline package
  • Premium package
Other add-ons:
  • Head-up display
  • Wireless charging

Schedule details:
  • Final assembly - Aug 1
  • At port - Aug 4
  • In transit - Aug 9
  • At port - September 4
  • In transit (to dealership in Northern California) - Sep 7

View attachment 15582
View attachment 15585
View attachment 15583
View attachment 15584
Finally a 2023! Can you take a pic of the back? Is the spoiler black or body colored?

Reactions: AZI4

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,514 Posts
I'm not obsessive about my car's cleanliness (long term) but that divot in front of the parking brake? Clean that out, PLEASE, @openrecon before you take a picture! :eek: 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and 3er
1 - 15 of 15 Posts