BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 479 Posts

· Registered
2021 X5 45e
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let’s discuss here the information that we have about deliveries to Finland.

my estimated date is December, 2022. Ordered i4m50 in frozen blue with all the available options except the moonroof and the tow bar in the beginning of November, 2021.

Im now wondering about cancelling my order and switching to taycan instead.

· Registered
142 Posts
Talk to your dealer. They will find a new buyer for the slot, so theres no harm done here. But its up to the dealer how they want to handle this.

also you might want to try joining "BMW i4 owners finland" facebook group

· Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivered on May 27th
161 Posts
I ordered in June 2021, initial delivery estimate was mid March 2022. At the moment there is no visibility on the production slot. Taycan is out of my price range and likely has long waiting times also. And I would not get anywhere close to the deal from my A4 that I got when ordering i4. So, I will wait. Good thing is initial quality bugs will be fixed.

· Registered
13 Posts
Some people with M50 orders placed in 6/2021 have apparently been getting their production slots this week in Finland. Looks like they will get theirs before summer. I had mine ordered in 9/2021 and just had a chat with my Autokeskus Hämeenlinna dealer: No updates. :cautious:

· Registered
142 Posts
Ordered mine M50 as a company lease from Leaseplan last October and it was planned for June delivery, but let's see, not too optimistic abt that.
Yeah, I dont think it that will happen. Right now it seems that people who ordered in June might get their cars delivered by May

· Registered
36 Posts
Also going for a test drive next week. Ordered mine M50 as a company lease from Leaseplan last October and it was planned for June delivery, but let's see, not too optimistic abt that.
That's interesting. After daily harassment of LeasePlan to get the price list entered into their system after the release of the official price list in the beginning of Oct, I got my order accepted at LeasePlan 19th of Oct and got a delivery estimate 5th Oct 2022. My dealer admitted that it is not based on anything, but it is just "a safe guess" but I still hope that your dealer's guess is closer to truth than mine, I am not holding my breath, though :)

· Registered
14 Posts
That's interesting. After daily harassment of LeasePlan to get the price list entered into their system after the release of the official price list in the beginning of Oct, I got my order accepted at LeasePlan 19th of Oct and got a delivery estimate 5th Oct 2022. My dealer admitted that it is not based on anything, but it is just "a safe guess" but I still hope that your dealer's guess is closer to truth than mine, I am not holding my breath, though :)
At least it seems our orders were booked around the same dates, and I think that this June that was estimated for me, is based on nothing also :) My current lease expires on April so it will go over, but according to contract it can be continued at least for 6mths, I'm hoping that it would be enough in this case.. I Haven't spoke with the dealer since the order, but I guess now would be good time to start checking..

· Registered
36 Posts
At least it seems our orders were booked around the same dates, and I think that this June that was estimated for me, is based on nothing also :) My current lease expires on April so it will go over, but according to contract it can be continued at least for 6mths, I'm hoping that it would be enough in this case.. I Haven't spoke with the dealer since the order, but I guess now would be good time to start checking..
My current lease period ended 29.12, so I am very likely going way over six months, but LeasePlan told me that I may keep my current car until the new arrives - regardles of when that will be. .i.e. LeasePlan is very flexible at the moment as long as you have made the order within the "normal time window". I think it means 3 months before curremt contract ends. I tried to post the order alreydy in June, but LeasePlan did not accept it as it was based on premilinary price list instead of confirmed one.

· Registered
62 Posts
Laakkonen Espoo also has one I4M50 supercharged for test drive.
Had a test drive with this one today. It was a bit too slippery, at least for me. Difficult to get grip. Will be much fun in summer. Smooth power. Nice that also we got finally I4s.
Ordered from Laakkonen on June 2nd. I was just about accept EV6 GT-offer because it felt that I4 was delayed and delayed.
Expect to have delivery end March. Order has now status 112.
Testdriven Polestar, M3P, IX, IX3, ID4, Taycan. Hard to compare as those I drove in summer. It’s not that far from Taycan. Definetively step up from Tesla and Polestar. Just a bit lighter and roomier and it would be perfect. Hence thinking of leasing instead of buying. Would prefer a ”native” EV, and waiting what Porsche will offer with new electric Macan..

· Registered
2021 X5 45e
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a test drive with this one today. It was a bit too slippery, at least for me. Difficult to get grip. Will be much fun in summer. Smooth power. Nice that also we got finally I4s.
Ordered from Laakkonen on June 2nd. I was just about accept EV6 GT-offer because it felt that I4 was delayed and delayed.
Expect to have delivery end March. Order has now status 112.
Testdriven Polestar, M3P, IX, IX3, ID4, Taycan. Hard to compare as those I drove in summer. It’s not that far from Taycan. Definetively step up from Tesla and Polestar. Just a bit lighter and roomier and it would be perfect. Hence thinking of leasing instead of buying. Would prefer a ”native” EV, and waiting what Porsche will offer with new electric Macan..
Glad you had a chance to test that and happy for your 112 status. Today’s weather is really bad - definitely not for this power that M50 offers. For how long have you been driving that? Nevertheless, I’m a bit scared I’ll be disappointed as I have pretty high standard (I came up with this thought after reading another topic here). My current x5 is fully optioned with white Merino, etc. I hope that i4 will feel as premium as my x5. Otherwise, I’ll have to switch to taycan CT4. I don’t think I need that much power anyways, but AWD is a must.

· Registered
62 Posts
For how long have you been driving that? Nevertheless, I’m a bit scared I’ll be disappointed as I have pretty high standard (I came up with this thought after reading another topic here). My current x5 is fully optioned with white Merino, etc. I hope that i4 will feel as premium as my x5. Otherwise, I’ll have to switch to taycan CT4. I don’t think I need that much power anyways, but AWD is a must.
I’m a lazy test driver. Basically drove from Olarinluoma to Munkkiniemi and back. Totally different to X5, I assume. Tighter interior, almost too small, and I come from 5-series. CT4 is a good option, but too expensive for me, and also expensive compared to I4. Or better option is ST4 as soon as it’s available..

Yes, too slippery today. Enjoy your test drives. I hope that you have better weather. Interesting to hear your thoughts.

1 - 20 of 479 Posts