BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Hello, had to join into this forum as I noticed there is quite active i4 related discussion ongoing.
Test drive booked for next week also, can’t wait for that day to come.
Only issue is that dealer just gets their first demo car on W7 which means only short test burst..

· Registered
98 Posts
Welcome!
In capital area there are at least two test cars already. A week ago, I was basically able to tell which time would be best for me, as almost all the times were free. This was for test drive during the week, not weekend.
Thanks!
Yes, at Turku area they have only one i4 available (?) when I did booking at W5 for W7 test. Dealer told that they’ll receive later (after few weeks) ’own’ test vehicle and then extended test drive will be possible.

Another thing:
I would appreciate short info from people at this thread order week/estimated delivery week and ’mandatory’ options chosen?
I myself have long wait ahead - ordered W49 (M50) with few options.

· Registered
98 Posts
Any new test drives? Are you buying, leasing, or taking as a company car?

My delivery estimate is now week 13. Ordered June 2nd.
Fully Charged with some extras, like H&K, Sensatec Tacora Red, sunroof …
Portimao Blue with original 18” 858 tyres.
Lucky you (when order was placed that early, now it pays off..)!
After driving M50 today wait ahead will be very very long. Excellent car!
I am actually still considering sensatec, should first see how it is like (difference between real leather).

· Registered
98 Posts
Hi!
The production has just started, so I'm quite confident that the waiting time for us with late orders ( I ordered 01/2022) won't be as long as for those who did it in June, July, August. ...Though it probably will be earliest Q3/Q4/2022 (this is only my wild guess what keeps me ALIvE for the coming months. No way I will postpone my order). The coming two- three months will tell is the process speeding up or not).
By the way, as there are only a few Dealers in Finland ( I ordered from Laakkonen) , it should be easy for them to start keeping a log of development of orders (at least for cars they have sold). So let's keep some pressure there.

I haven't had a test drive yet, waiting for a better weather and cleaner roads.
I am not very convinced of shorter delivery times yet, hopefully I’m wrong.
Local dealer told me that only 8 cars delivered to dealers so far? Orders in Finland done before 15.6.21 have had production slots already, all after that are still waiting for slot. Dealer also told that delivery time of approx 1 year is still estimated for new orders - and that is rough estimation. 40 version might have shorter delivery time. It seems to me that dealers have not received too much info of delivery time development from BMW, will it be shorter or longer, time will tell.

I myself don’t believe delivery before Q4, of course it would be happy news to be able to get this great i4 before that already!

· Registered
98 Posts
Hi!
The i4 drives quite low ( M50 some12,5 cm ?) Those of you who have had a test drive, did you have any problems with speed bumps, sidewalks, snowy roads with potholes etc. ? Could you drive with normal speed, had to slow down, push the car 😄 or what?
I did test drive this week with M50. Circumstances were mostly wet, so no issues with snowy roads, speed bumps etc. I’d say it is not that low, coming from an M2, i4 has better ground clearance which is good enough for me.

· Registered
98 Posts
I had a test drive for i4 M50 on wednesday and if I had any shopping hangover, now it’s gone 😆

After a short 20 minute test drive, I would say that the car is near perfect. Test car was a black M50 with Supercharged -pack. Even if roads were on bad condition after all the snow and slush, it behaved so well. True BMW at it’s best..

View attachment 6047
Did you take any pics of this car you tested (outside)?
Since it was black would be happy to see pics👍

· Registered
98 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

I forgot to take outside pictures during test drive and when I came back to Laakkonen next driver was allready waiting outside and the car left for a new round.. So I didn’t take any pics, unfortunately..
No problem.
I actually had good luck with test drive I had this week.
I got keys 15 min before my booked time and was permitted to drive it 5 min longer so 20 min booked drive was eventually 40 min👍

· Registered
98 Posts
Placed some pictures to Superman -thread here.

View attachment 7686
Nice!
Portimao blue exterior, that is clear, but is interior tacora red (sensatec or leather)?
This blue-red combination is still under consideration..?
If ii is sensatec I really would like to know how it feels compared to genuine leather?
Tinted rear glasses and laser lights you’ve specced also.

· Registered
98 Posts
My car is also delayed, ordered 7.6. And initially had prod week 10, but now who knows. Just keeps getting postponed.
In general, there must be somethinhg unlogical with order dates and delivery dates. If you have ordered 7.6.21 and still with no status 112 yet?
Could there be something in your spec that is causing these postpones? Just thinking.

· Registered
98 Posts
Been to status 112 since january, but it keeps getting rescheduled. Luck and/or spec, hard to tell how BMW prioritises at this moment.
OK, such long time at 112 status and still no progress. Weird. Hopefully you will get production slot scheduled soon - that would be at least fair, as you have placed order in early june.

· Registered
98 Posts
By the way, Last week I asked my dealer how long the i4 waiting queue in Finland is before my order.
He told me that placement for my order is four hundred - something out of 4 digit total number…
Estimated delivery 12/22.
Would be nice to know what is situation for others who are in very same waiting queue..?

· Registered
98 Posts
Could be, who knows - to that was added that the current figure is at least double that (and this was something like a month ago). It seems that the resellers are kept in (almost) as dark as the customers. @Tib1 When was your order placed?
Info I had was that your order is at place 4xx and at the moment total amount of orders must be 4 digit figure already, this was last week.

My order was placed W49, so Long time for me to stay at ’dark side’..

· Registered
98 Posts
If your order was made on week 49 and you are on place 4XX, then that does kind of make sense that the number of total orders would be around 450 in 2021.
According to Traficom, the total number of i4s registered in Finland was 42 at the end of March of which most (if not all) are probably demo cars. In this forum we can spot one delivery, and from some Finnish forums (maybe) one or two , so there has not been many deliveries to customers yet. After week 49 there were only 14 business days in 2021, so depending on the XX of the 4XX, that still (might) add up..
Yes, I assume that this little under 500 units for Y2021 is quite close actually. But on the other hand, is it really possible that during jan-apr 22 there are another new 500 i4 orders already - Which makes total number of open orders over 1000 pcs?
Who knows.
Of course there are couple of dozen units that are alredy delivered (demos and some customer cars as well), as you told there.

· Registered
98 Posts
Just got word mine has been pushed back some more.

So currently my 7.6.2021 order looks like
week 10 -> week 12 -> week 15 -> week 18 -> week 21

Good stuff :)

Looking at late june delivery at best
This must be very frustrating.
Also would like to hear is there something in spec that causes constant delays or what?
Hopefully/probably it is not HK audio that causes delay.. For me an important (must have) option.

· Registered
98 Posts
Unfortunately, comparison pictures to my SO are still far away :LOL: My order went from status 047 to 111 just few weeks ago, the estimated PW being currently somewhere in Aug.
It would be interesting to see SO live in some other car than 1-series or 225xe on dark winter day. From pictures it is really hard to say, how it actually looks. My choice of SO was made based on a faint memory of a 330e which I saw on a sunny evening unloaded to a dealer's yard waiting for customer delivety a long time ago...
Status 47 to 111, when was order placed?

· Registered
98 Posts
Mid October.This estimate is actually in line with original estimate by Laakkone (delivery 5,10.2022). My current car was msnufactured 03.11.2017 and delivered 29.12.2017, so adding similar delay to this estimate, we are in October...
OK.
When did this actually happened - status 47 to 111?
If this stays the same I should expect status 111 for mine about 1,5 months later then, which is quite soon.

· Registered
98 Posts
I had a quick chat with dealer today. Quite good number of FI ordered i4’s planned to have production slots for June, including even aug-21 ordered ones.

This waiting will end some day… Have to be patient - which will not be easy.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts