BMW i4 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting for my I4/40. I did make some inquiries a few months ago, but the ins.companies did not have any pricetag for a new i4, not even my present ins.company. The first month's insurance (If) is included, so I will have some time to ask for bids.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I see that there is a lot of questions floating in the air. I can try to answer the questions if anybody has some?
Let's start with easy ones😄. What is this years allocation of i4 for Finland? Is the allocation for month/year? Is the allocation devided between Dealers or does it go through BMW Finland according made orders? In some threads ppl are writing that the Munich factory has stopped/ halted (now) the production of cars. Any truth in it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let's start with easy ones😄. What is this years allocation of i4 for Finland? Is the allocation for month/year? Is the allocation devided between Dealers or does it go through BMW Finland according made orders? In some threads ppl are writing that the Munich factory has stopped/ halted (now) the production of cars. Any truth in it?
We get the allocations in monthly bases, that is why is so hard to predict how long the orders is going to take. The system is fair play, because it doesnt matter what dealer is going to do the order. Orders are going through exactly in line when dealer have feed it in the system. What i know, at least now our production quota have been normal. Hopefully it stays like that. Does this answer your questions at least a little bit?😁

·
Registered
206 Posts
We get the allocations in monthly bases, that is why is so hard to predict how long the orders is going to take. The system is fair play, because it doesnt matter what dealer is going to do the order. Orders are going through exactly in line when dealer have feed it in the system. What i know, at least now our production quota have been normal. Hopefully it stays like that. Does this answer your questions at least a little bit?😁
Thanks! Can you reveal the monthly allocation? Would give some kind of understanding how the deliveries are proceeding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see that there is a lot of questions floating in the air. I can try to answer the questions if anybody has some?
Good to have someone participating this forum/thread who might have better and more reliable information (and is willing to answer).

Questions? - Yes, of course.

• My dealer told few days ago that BMW FI is getting approx 100 production slots for june 22 , will this also apply for every other month? I was also told that aug 21 ordered cars are gettin production slots now? Or Is it already september orders?
  • ordered M50 w49/21. Best estimation for delivery? estimated 12/22 but really hoping to get car earlier…
  • I heard BMW nordic is ’sharing’ production slots, not Bmw FI - correct?
  • how many open orders for i4 in FI in queue now? Not asking exact numbers but is it 500, 1000 or 2000?

Thanks in advance (for answers).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Good to have someone participating this forum/thread who might have better and more reliable information (and is willing to answer).

• My dealer told few days ago that BMW FI is getting approx 100 production slots for june 22 , will this also apply for every other month? I was also told that aug 21 ordered cars are gettin production slots now? Or Is it already september orders?
  • ordered M50 w49/21. Best estimation for delivery? estimated 12/22 but really hoping to get car earlier…
  • how many open orders for i4 in FI in queue now? Not asking exact numbers but is it 500, 1000 or 2000?

Question. Any idea how many of i4s are leasing deals and how many private deals.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So now it"s happening for me as well! Dealer called me yesterday telling me that my car might go to production in coming months BUT I would not get the Parking Assistant Plus ....or if I would accept to postpone the production date until Nov-Dec I might (?) get the PAP. I have it in my 530e and that option is a more or less a must ( I use it all the time when parking)....And he did not promise any refund if I let it go????

·
Registered
6 Posts

We hope that this continues and we get 100 slots per month, but that is still unsure and cant be promised. And yes i have couple orders made in early sebtember that got initial production slot!

I think the 11-12/22 is the best estimation until has proved otherwise. If we get production slots as much as this month you can get even earlier.

BMW Nordic shares productions slots yes, to level the delivery time. Because we want the sitsuation to be that the delivery time Matches in Denmark sweden Finland and Norway.

That is a very good question, i estimate somewhere around 1000-1300?

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivery early May 2022
89 Posts
That is very weird and disappointing. Hope it gets resolved.

My car is due to delivery next week, it had PAP and individual Merino has potential delaying factors. Hope it really has the options that I ordered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So now it"s happening for me as well! Dealer called me yesterday telling me that my car might go to production in coming months BUT I would not get the Parking Assistant Plus ....or if I would accept to postpone the production date until Nov-Dec I might (?) get the PAP. I have it in my 530e and that option is a more or less a must ( I use it all the time when parking)....And he did not promise any refund if I let it go????
What option package you have?

And yes, the Parking Assistant Plus thing we have is a hard one.

Thankfully the standard package has the reversing camera, automatic parking and reversing assistant. But yes i know the PLUS version is nice thing to have

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivery early May 2022
89 Posts
You should ask if the options are there, your salesman knows all the time what options your car has!
Order contract has every option I selected. So, all should be perfectly fine.

There has been numerous user comments on various options getting deleted so I still have a small doubt in the back of my mind - only seeing is believing.

·
Registered
G30 530e 2017, F40 118i 2020
64 Posts
I had PW 21, now changed to PW 22. Basically don't think these estimates are worth anything anymore. Its been several different production weeks so far. But it gets postponed back in line every single time. I get that Putins war in ukraine messed the first PW up, but its been two months of "normal'ish" operations for BMW by now.

Will be very disappointed if this costs me some options that are no longer available. And it seems like it might.

On the positive side, I can soon order iX1 because I like the waiting so much :))

181 - 200 of 212 Posts