BMW i4 Forum banner
421 - 440 of 479 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Day 495: My i4 M50 is arriving Hanko port today.

Yeah all in all it's a farce,

But on the other hand, my iX1 xDrive30 is going production and I have got a VIN. And its barely the day 129 for that order process.
Nice! Mine should also be in transit (at least at port in B) but I don't know when it will arrive to Finland. Would be nice to be able to follow that. Where did you get that info? My dealer is not very informative here.
A new iX1 as well! Christmas comes early😂😂

· Registered
81 Posts
That's just incredible. You'll easily hit day 500+ before actually taking delivery. My 300th day is soon upon me and even that feels like a complete joke, but mainly due to the way sales reps don't give a shit about the customers and don't give out any information.
We can do better than that... I started this journey about 408 days ago and I got kicked from scheduled for production back to order received this week. I'll easily break 600 at this speed! Dare to dream big!

· Registered
84 Posts
That's just incredible. You'll easily hit day 500+ before actually taking delivery. My 300th day is soon upon me and even that feels like a complete joke, but mainly due to the way sales reps don't give a shit about the customers and don't give out any information.
300 days also behind.
About 3 weeks ago I got info (when I asked) that my car will be probably delivered during Y22.
One week after that I was informed (when again, I asked) that no production slot for my car for November, those slots for nov were given early oct.
Possibly production slot for dec-22, which means delivery earliest jan-23.

someone at other forum ordered e40 M sport with almost no other options - order to delivery 2 months!! Fair game.

My friend ordered low spec M50 week earlier than I did (W48). He’s car is on ferry at the mo.

· Registered
3 Posts
Had to log in to share my joy: I got confirmation that my M50 is going to production this week! Happy days! :D
Portimao Blue + Canberra beige sensatec + 860 M wheels.

However, reading posts here on how many days folks have been waiting for their cars, I feel a bit like a cheat myself, I managed to get a production slot of a car someone canceled, so my wait from order to delivery will be only something like 60 days. Not that I complain!

· Registered
84 Posts
So strange and frustratingly unfair, that these alledged quick spots are not offered to existing orders pending for a year plus.
Yes, unacceptable.
Should be fair game.

I don’t even understand how there can be ’quick slots’ available as order books are filled with (frustrated) customers with unreasonable long waiting times..

In Germany there has been hot discussion about quotes per dealer, is this also case in Finland - Depending on which dealer you have placed your order?

· Registered
3 Posts
So strange and frustratingly unfair, that these alledged quick spots are not offered to existing orders pending for a year plus.
Maybe I gave the wrong idea in my post above. There was no random open production slot that I was lucky enough to get. The car I’m getting was ordered originally a bit over year ago, but the person who made the original order didn’t want the car after waiting for a year, so the order was changed to my name.

· Registered
23 Posts
In my opinion the details of jumping the queue doesn’t matter. This cancellation should still have been offered to someone else in the queue for fairness.
In your shoes i’d be happy about such a lottery win as well, but this farce reflects very poorly on the dealership and BMW in general.

· Registered
3 Posts
In my opinion the details of jumping the queue doesn’t matter. This cancellation should still have been offered to someone else in the queue for fairness.
In your shoes i’d be happy about such a lottery win as well, but this farce reflects very poorly on the dealership and BMW in general.
I can understand your point of view. Not fair. Unfortunately It is how it is, and I guess pretty much all brands and dealers operate the same way at the moment. They all get cancellations every now and then, and if you know the right people or if you’re an A-list customer, you might get your hands on one of these special deals.

· Registered
142 Posts

This is how it has always worked. Cancelled slots are sold to next customer or taken in as inventory vehicles. Only rarely if ever it makes sense to abandon the build slot.

It just became a farce and a sh** show of this magnitude now that delivery estimates are counted in years.

This is just utter bulls**t

Have to talk to my sales person whether there is any way to give this criticism so that it hits ...I won't give him bad feedback because there is nothing he could have done better, afaik.

· Registered
36 Posts
I guess that this is due to the fact that dealers get revenue on their sales. if one of dealership's order is cancelled, the person next in "official" line would likely be for some other dealer --> revenue lost from dealer's perspective, which don't have any incentive to give it to someone else, it would just make them lousier sales point from BMW Nordic's point of view. The problem with this system is that the hit is taken by the customers buried in the queue and no one gives a s**t.

· Registered
81 Posts
Yeah the system doesn't work, but really at this point or with these resources there's a snowball's chance in hell of changing it. I let go of my fully specced e40 in June because they couldn't deliver it with the requested options (ordered Sept 1st '21). I was then able to slot in to a cancelled M50 order like @Nosse that was to be built in August. Unlike him though, the car has been completely dropped from production because BMW thinks I'm jumping the queue... so even that unfair system isn't consistent. It's a joke. That was my reward for my willingness to exceed my budget even more and go for the most expensive option. If any other manufacturer could deliver a car with certainty, I'd change in a heartbeat.

· Registered
290 Posts
Yeah the system doesn't work, but really at this point or with these resources there's a snowball's chance in hell of changing it. I let go of my fully specced e40 in June because they couldn't deliver it with the requested options (ordered Sept 1st '21). I was then able to slot in to a cancelled M50 order like @Nosse that was to be built in August. Unlike him though, the car has been completely dropped from production because BMW thinks I'm jumping the queue... so even that unfair system isn't consistent. It's a joke. That was my reward for my willingness to exceed my budget even more and go for the most expensive option. If any other manufacturer could deliver a car with certainty, I'd change in a heartbeat.
How do you know that it was BMW (Finland/Nordic/HQ?) who dropped you from the queue because you "jumped" in the queue. Or was it considered as a new order?

· Registered
81 Posts
How do you know that it was BMW (Finland/Nordic/HQ?) who dropped you from the queue because you "jumped" in the queue. Or was it considered as a new order?
I know it was an existing order as I was told so by the salesperson. We added a few options on to the car and changed the color. The salesperson later told me that they've seen a number of similar cases where cars with changes to the specs/customer name get dropped back despite the original order date. I couldn't tell you who is ultimately responsible. I'm under the impression that it's BMW's production and not the importer or distributor as Bavaria has tried to chase this case up the chain as far as possible. There is no mechanism to indicate to BMW that an existing customer has made changes etc. it's all down to luck, or in this case, constant bad luck.

· Registered
36 Posts
Some positive news (at least for me) for a change - My order moved to status 150 today and a VIN has been allocated. On the bad side, this VIN was not shared with me, I was told that BMW (Finland/Nordic?) has just last week given a guidance that the VIN shouldn't be given to customers before the car has arrived at dealer... So I just have to start sending daily (instead of weekly) mails to my CA.

· Registered
290 Posts
I know it was an existing order as I was told so by the salesperson. We added a few options on to the car and changed the color. The salesperson later told me that they've seen a number of similar cases where cars with changes to the specs/customer name get dropped back despite the original order date. I couldn't tell you who is ultimately responsible. I'm under the impression that it's BMW's production and not the importer or distributor as Bavaria has tried to chase this case up the chain as far as possible. There is no mechanism to indicate to BMW that an existing customer has made changes etc. it's all down to luck, or in this case, constant bad luck.
I made this question because I'm one of those who had a)first the possibility to get a cancellation in March 2022 (original order was made in 10/2021, edrive 40), then b) when they dropped features like DAPP and PAP I was ready to cancel the order, but I was offered (6/2022) a chance to change it into a M50 order, which I did ( my understanding also was that the change was not possible). And now I'm waiting to get my car in few weeks time (unless something delaying it pops up again). Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.

· Registered
81 Posts
Some positive news (at least for me) for a change - My order moved to status 150 today and a VIN has been allocated. On the bad side, this VIN was not shared with me, I was told that BMW (Finland/Nordic?) has just last week given a guidance that the VIN shouldn't be given to customers before the car has arrived at dealer... So I just have to start sending daily (instead of weekly) mails to my CA.
Congrats! e40 or M50 and specs?

· Registered
81 Posts
I made this question because I'm one of those who had a)first the possibility to get a cancellation in March 2022 (original order was made in 10/2021, edrive 40), then b) when they dropped features like DAPP and PAP I was ready to cancel the order, but I was offered (6/2022) a chance to change it into a M50 order, which I did ( my understanding also was that the change was not possible). And now I'm waiting to get my car in few weeks time (unless something delaying it pops up again). Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.
Happy to hear that it worked out for you! Hope you get your's soon!

· Registered
58 Posts
My i4 M50 delivery time was exactly 10 months, so couple of days under 300 day.
it comes little earlier than promised. Wallet parking problems take one month to solve. Car was inside Finland under nine months.

421 - 440 of 479 Posts