BMW i4 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cross-checking the specs for you who have ordered in June and still have no car/confirmed production dates could give some light to this. It was already some time ago when I was told (from Laallonen) that all June and most of July orders have production slots set. And for my sales person's orders I was the first in line with no production slot yet (ordered in Oct). Sehr mystisch...

·
Registered
G30 530e 2017, F40 118i 2020
64 Posts
In general, there must be somethinhg unlogical with order dates and delivery dates. If you have ordered 7.6.21 and still with no status 112 yet?
Could there be something in your spec that is causing these postpones? Just thinking.
Been to status 112 since january, but it keeps getting rescheduled. Luck and/or spec, hard to tell how BMW prioritises at this moment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been to status 112 since january, but it keeps getting rescheduled. Luck and/or spec, hard to tell how BMW prioritises at this moment.
OK, such long time at 112 status and still no progress. Weird. Hopefully you will get production slot scheduled soon - that would be at least fair, as you have placed order in early june.

·
Registered
24 Posts
By the way, Last week I asked my dealer how long the i4 waiting queue in Finland is before my order.
He told me that placement for my order is four hundred - something out of 4 digit total number…
Estimated delivery 12/22.
Would be nice to know what is situation for others who are in very same waiting queue..?

·
Registered
18 Posts
One figure I have heard is, that there would have been around 450 i4 orders placed in Finland last year.
It would be interesting to know how the orders are distributed on monthly level. One could assume, that there are larger amount of orders made in June (and perhaps in July as well) and perhaps less orders in Aug-Sep and perhaps again some increase in Oct as that was the point where leasing companies started to accept orders (when the official procelist was released). Well, as there is nothing to do than to guess what happens, then you can do just that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could be, who knows - to that was added that the current figure is at least double that (and this was something like a month ago). It seems that the resellers are kept in (almost) as dark as the customers. @Tib1 When was your order placed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could be, who knows - to that was added that the current figure is at least double that (and this was something like a month ago). It seems that the resellers are kept in (almost) as dark as the customers. @Tib1 When was your order placed?
Info I had was that your order is at place 4xx and at the moment total amount of orders must be 4 digit figure already, this was last week.

My order was placed W49, so Long time for me to stay at ’dark side’..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Info I had was that your order is at place 4xx and at the moment total amount of orders must be 4 digit figure already, this was last week.

My order was placed W49, so Long time for me to stay at ’dark side’..
If your order was made on week 49 and you are on place 4XX, then that does kind of make sense that the number of total orders would be around 450 in 2021.
According to Traficom, the total number of i4s registered in Finland was 42 at the end of March of which most (if not all) are probably demo cars. In this forum we can spot one delivery, and from some Finnish forums (maybe) one or two , so there has not been many deliveries to customers yet. After week 49 there were only 14 business days in 2021, so depending on the XX of the 4XX, that still (might) add up..

·
Registered
24 Posts
If your order was made on week 49 and you are on place 4XX, then that does kind of make sense that the number of total orders would be around 450 in 2021.
According to Traficom, the total number of i4s registered in Finland was 42 at the end of March of which most (if not all) are probably demo cars. In this forum we can spot one delivery, and from some Finnish forums (maybe) one or two , so there has not been many deliveries to customers yet. After week 49 there were only 14 business days in 2021, so depending on the XX of the 4XX, that still (might) add up..
Yes, I assume that this little under 500 units for Y2021 is quite close actually. But on the other hand, is it really possible that during jan-apr 22 there are another new 500 i4 orders already - Which makes total number of open orders over 1000 pcs?
Who knows.
Of course there are couple of dozen units that are alredy delivered (demos and some customer cars as well), as you told there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, I assume that this little under 500 units for Y2021 is quite close actually. But on the other hand, is it really possible that during jan-apr 22 there are another new 500 i4 orders already - Which makes total number of open orders over 1000 pcs?
Who knows.
Of course there are couple of dozen units that are alredy delivered (demos and some customer cars as well), as you told there.
My guess is, that most people are so conservative that they wan't to actually see (or even test drive) what they are buying :) That was not possible last year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just got word mine has been pushed back some more.

So currently my 7.6.2021 order looks like
week 10 -> week 12 -> week 15 -> week 18 -> week 21

Good stuff :)

Looking at late june delivery at best

·
Registered
24 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. Truly frustrating.

Any idea what causes this? What is your spec? Do you have HK, individual paint / interior, etc.?

·
Registered
24 Posts

This must be very frustrating.
Also would like to hear is there something in spec that causes constant delays or what?
Hopefully/probably it is not HK audio that causes delay.. For me an important (must have) option.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This must be very frustrating.
Also would like to hear is there something in spec that causes constant delays or what?
Hopefully/probably it is not HK audio that causes delay.. For me an important (must have) option.
Dealer says no idea, but says lot of i4 orders keep moving around week to week

Model 31AW i4 M50
Color C31 Portimao Blue
Upholstery MAOI Leather 'Vernasca’ Oyster decor stitching (BK)

ZGI Innovation
5AC High-beam assistant
5AZ BMW Laserlight
6U3 BMW Live Cockpit Professional
ZN5 Charged Plus
248 Steering-wheel heating
3AC Trailer tow hitch
4UR Ambient interior lighting
5DN Parking Assistant Plus
6NX Storage for wireless charging
1CB ACEA/CO2 Umfang
1CX XtraBoost
230 EU-specific supplementary equipment
2PA Locking wheel bolts
2VB Tyre Pressure Monitor
2VC Tyre repair kit
2VF Adaptive M running gear
2VL Variable sport steering
302 Alarm system
320 Model designation, deletion
322 Comfort access system
3DZ Line designation deletion
3FT 19" MLt/Aly wheels Double-spoke style 861 M Bicolour with MT
3M2 M Sport brake, red high-gloss
3MF BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line
428 Warning triangle
430 Interior and exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function
431 Interior rear-view mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
459 Seat adjustment, electric with memory for driver's seat
488 Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
48Z steering code
490 Seat backrest with adjustment
493 Storage compartment package
4AW Instrument panel in Sensatec
4HA Seat heating front and rear
4MC Interior trim finishers Carbon Fibre
4U9 Acoustic protection for pedestrians
4V1 BMW IconicSounds Electric
534 Automatic air conditioning
548 Speedometer with kilometer reading
5AL Active Protection
5AQ Active Guard Plus
5AU Driving Assistant Professional
SDA Front passenger airbag deactivation
654 DAB+ radio
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system
6AE TeleServices
6AF Legal emergency call
6AG eDrive Services
6AK ConnectedDrive Services
6C3 Digital Professional
6DR BMW Drive Recorder
6VB CCC contribution
715 M Aerodynamics package
754 M Bakspoiler
760 Individual highgloss shadowline
775 BMW Individual headliner anthracite
7M9 BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
8A9 Language version Finnish
8AX Finnish / on-board documentation
8R9 Refrigerant
8SM VIN, visible from outside
8TF Ag kod
8TG Anti-theft security system
8TR Decoding additional functions
993 Model year code

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivery early May 2022
89 Posts
I had HK audio and Merino leather as potential delay factors, order date was June 16th. However, the car is produced and is stuck in Bremerhaven waiting for a shipment.

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivery early May 2022
89 Posts
The amount of deliveries in Finland is really depressing... In April, only 24 new i4s registered (and one crashed), making the total amount 66.
If the deliveries will not speed up significantly, the queue is more like five years than one :rolleyes:
I heard from my dealer that if you order now delivery estimate is 14 months. My car has arrived to Hanko port, so my remaining waiting time is about 14 days instead of months.

141 - 160 of 212 Posts