BMW i4 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I heard from my dealer that if you order now delivery estimate is 14 months. My car has arrived to Hanko port, so my remaining waiting time is about 14 days instead of months.
I heard that next week there will be at least one delivery ( not mine, waiting time still months).
I'm still between colors (SO or SRG) so would appreciate to see some photos off your new beast!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unfortunately, comparison pictures to my SO are still far away :LOL: My order went from status 047 to 111 just few weeks ago, the estimated PW being currently somewhere in Aug.
It would be interesting to see SO live in some other car than 1-series or 225xe on dark winter day. From pictures it is really hard to say, how it actually looks. My choice of SO was made based on a faint memory of a 330e which I saw on a sunny evening unloaded to a dealer's yard waiting for customer delivety a long time ago...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Unfortunately, comparison pictures to my SO are still far away :LOL: My order went from status 047 to 111 just few weeks ago, the estimated PW being currently somewhere in Aug.
It would be interesting to see SO live in some other car than 1-series or 225xe on dark winter day. From pictures it is really hard to say, how it actually looks. My choice of SO was made based on a faint memory of a 330e which I saw on a sunny evening unloaded to a dealer's yard waiting for customer delivety a long time ago...
Here are few from a 3 series on a sunny day and not so Sunny day.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Status 47 to 111, when was order placed?

·
Registered
2015 BMW X5 30d, waiting for i4 M50 San Remo Green
18 Posts
I visited Bavaria Laakkonen today and I was happy to hear that now my i4 has the status 112 for June production. Keeping my thumbs up that it holds 😄

I was forced to park beside a SRG demo car, nearly like the one I’ve ordered, and take a “friend picture” 😂

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can't see any rhyme or reason to how the orders are handled. M50s are priority, then e40 is priority, then HK delays bld, and Tanzanite delays until you hear of a M50, Tanzanite with HK radio ordered after your car, yet it is being delivered even though it was ordered two months after you! It's crazy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mid October.This estimate is actually in line with original estimate by Laakkone (delivery 5,10.2022). My current car was msnufactured 03.11.2017 and delivered 29.12.2017, so adding similar delay to this estimate, we are in October...
OK.
When did this actually happened - status 47 to 111?
If this stays the same I should expect status 111 for mine about 1,5 months later then, which is quite soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a question for Finnish owners/buyers of i4. What do you think about ground clearance of the i4 M50? I mean 12,5CM feels kinda too low?!
Can it be used as a daily driver? Can I safely take it to our cottage (with 10-15km) dusty gravel road?

·
Registered
206 Posts
So I have a question for Finnish owners/buyers of i4. What do you think about ground clearance of the i4 M50? I mean 12,5CM feels kinda too low?!
Can it be used as a daily driver? Can I safely take it to our cottage (with 10-15km) dusty gravel road?
It is quite low. In normal daily driving it is no problem. When driving over a speed bump, just slow down carefully, no speedy driving there. You will get to know which places are a no go. If your cottage road is full of potholes or very uneven it might be a problem.
P.s Tesla 3's clearance is 140 mm, so 125 mm sounds worse than it is;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't see any rhyme or reason to how the orders are handled. M50s are priority, then e40 is priority, then HK delays bld, and Tanzanite delays until you hear of a M50, Tanzanite with HK radio ordered after your car, yet it is being delivered even though it was ordered two months after you! It's crazy!
There really seems to be no logic or reason how the orders are handled with the information that is given to customers. In that perspective it is quite "funny" that my intial delivery guesstimate (which was readily addmitted to be just that), could still hold, given everything that has happened in the world since then. Only thing that we can say, is that some guesses are better than others, but which one will be the most accurate one, remains to be seen. With enough estimetes, someone will eventually hit the mark...

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK.
When did this actually happened - status 47 to 111?
If this stays the same I should expect status 111 for mine about 1,5 months later then, which is quite soon.
I think it was on week 15 when I got the information when I added the spoiler back to my configuration. Has that happened on that week on earlier week, I don't know - I haven't bothered my dealer weekly.

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivery early May 2022
89 Posts
I will be avoiding gravel roads at least during the spring time. But then again, the winter was so bad that there are so massive potholes in some of the mainroads that they should be avoided too. It really depends on the condition of your summer cottage road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a quick chat with dealer today. Quite good number of FI ordered i4’s planned to have production slots for June, including even aug-21 ordered ones.

This waiting will end some day… Have to be patient - which will not be easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I visited Bavaria Laakkonen today and I was happy to hear that now my i4 has the status 112 for June production. Keeping my thumbs up that it holds 😄

I was forced to park beside a SRG demo car, nearly like the one I’ve ordered, and take a “friend picture” 😂

View attachment 9360
Juha, when did you place the order and what was your estimation for delivery now?

·
Registered
2015 BMW X5 30d, waiting for i4 M50 San Remo Green
18 Posts
Juha, when did you place the order and what was your estimation for delivery now?
I placed my order on July 15th. Estimated delivery might be in late July or August, I think it can be estimated better when they start building the car..

161 - 180 of 212 Posts