BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The countdown has started. And as more and more people are placing their orders we all wonder who will be THE VERY FIRST TO RECEIVE THE KEYS TO HIS OR HER BRAND NEW BMW i4.

if you like, keep us up to date on your expected and actual delivery date in the comments below. I will edit this message as new dates come in and keep track of the actual global first delivery.

The top 5 of very first BMW i4 deliveries is (updated Aug 29, 2021):
  1. Dec 4th, 2021 - estimated date - Verri, Belgium
  2. Dec 18th, 2021 - estimated date - Neilsafc, United Kingdom
  3. Dec 30st, 2021 - estimated date - Peter, United Kingdom
  4. Jan 31st, 2022 - estimated date - Jiioo, Finland
  5. Feb 2nd, 2022 - estimated date - Hans, Netherlands

·
Registered
2 Posts
The countdown had started. And as more and more people are placing their orders we all wonder who will be THE VERY FIRST TO RECEIVE THE KEYS TO HIS OR HER BRAND NEW BMW i4.

if you like, keep us up to date on your expected and actual delivery date in the comments below. I will edit this message as new dates come in and keep track of the actual global first delivery.

The top 5 of very first BMW i4 deliveries is (updated Aug 21, 2021);

1. Feb 2nd, 2022 - estimated date - Hans, Netherlands
I have estimated delivery date 31.1.2022. Order was placed 14.6.2021. JS, Finland

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have estimated delivery date 31.1.2022. Order was placed 14.6.2021. JS, Finland
Not too happy with that, Jiioo. You took my 1st place :giggle:
Let us know when you get an update on your delivery date!

Which version / specs / color did you order?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I ordered my copy of the i4 on June 25th, 2021. Expected delivery date 2/2/22 :D A Wednesday. I will take the day off.

Main specs:
  • M50
  • Alpine white
  • High executive pack (Vernasca Tacorarot leather, alarm system, heated seats, laser lights, live cockpit professional)
  • Personal copilot pack (driving assistent professional, parking assist plus)
  • Safety pack (active protection)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Comfort access
  • 19 inch 816M rims
  • Sunroof
  • Eiche Maser decals
  • Harman Kardon
  • Wireless charging
  • Electric front seats with memory
  • Extended shadow line

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which version / specs / color[/QUOTE]
Not too happy with that, Jiioo. You took my 1st place :giggle:
Let us know when you get an update on your delivery date!

Which version / specs / color did you order?
Interesting to see how correct that date is! I’ll let you know any info about delivery.
I did order M50 Fully Charged-version in Mineral White. More than enough equipment.
19” 859 wheels and sensatec/alcantara interior.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Circle

·
Registered
103 Posts
2nd at 2.2.22 :cool: That's great Hans!

Did you guys got a "Digital Brochure" of exterior and interior? You should ask about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
For mine although I don't have an order number yet:

View attachment 1173
So we have a clear winner! For now. Please be warned that I will be following your posts closely. Because my contact at BMW told me that this would not happen. No deliveries in 2021.
So in case your dealer informed you correctly, please keep us posted.
But in the very probable case that you were misinformed, please keep us posted too, and enjoy the waiting with all of us.

No kidding, very curious to see what will happen (y)

Here in the Netherlands the fiscal regime is going to change again per Jan 1st 2022. And as usual not in our favour. So the yearly operating costs for an i4 delivered in 2021 will be approximately EUR 800 lower than for the same car delivered in 2022. Every year again, so after 5 years of use an advantage of EUR 4.000. It's for this reason that they were able to sell so many Model 3's in our country just before each relevant change in fiscal regime. As a result in 2019 the Tesla Model 3 was the number 1 top selling car in the Netherlands (EV and ICE combined).

Any BMW dealer in this small country will therefore be very cautious in promising a delivery date before the 1st of January. My sales contact said there might be a very limited number of i4's available before New Year's eve but I should not count on it. Which I do not.

Any such issues in the UK?
If it were not for the fiscal advantages, would you consider having your car delivered in January even if it were already available in December. Many people would prefer a January delivery as the car would be "1 year younger" which will reduce depreciation costs a bit. Anyway, 131 days to go until delivery of your i4. Counting down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So we have a clear winner! For now. Please be warned that I will be following your posts closely. Because my contact at BMW told me that this would not happen. No deliveries in 2021.
So in case your dealer informed you correctly, please keep us posted.
But in the very probable case that you were misinformed, please keep us posted too, and enjoy the waiting with all of us.

No kidding, very curious to see what will happen (y)
For some reason UK deliveries seem to be projected ahead of most of Continental Europe, I am not sure why. My dealer is saying November build December delivery and there are other UK people on the forum with a similar forecast I think. But honestly I'm not that bothered if it's a bit later, it's just what I've been told.

If it were not for the fiscal advantages, would you consider having your car delivered in January even if it were already available in December. Many people would prefer a January delivery as the car would be "1 year younger" which will reduce depreciation costs a bit. Anyway, 131 days to go until delivery of your i4. Counting down.
Here in the UK the registration changes happen on March 1st and September 1st, so having a car that was registered January 1st makes no difference to December 31st as no one looks at that information, they'll only be looking at the 2 numbers in the reg to know the age.

But yes I will post updates as and when I get them, I know I'm not even the first person in the UK on this forum to reserve though (my reservation was on 6th June).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m in the UK and been told week 50 of this year for delivery which would tie in with Peters delivery forecast. I must admit I took it with a little pinch of salt and don’t expect it this side of 2022 but you never know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m in the UK and been told week 50 of this year for delivery which would tie in with Peters delivery forecast. I must admit I took it with a little pinch of salt and don’t expect it this side of 2022 but you never know.
The last workingday / delivery day of week 50 will be Saturday December 18th. So I'll take that as your estimated delivery date. What a christmas present!
So we have a new leader!

Which version / color / options did you choose?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
In the news today in the Netherlands: prices for used cars are going up as the availability of new cars is more and more limited. This is due to the ongoing shortage in computer chips and may still have an impact on BMW's short term production plan. So all current estimated delivery dates may be at risk!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The last workingday / delivery day of week 50 will be Saturday December 18th. So I'll take that as your estimated delivery date. What a christmas present!
So we have a new leader!

Which version / color / options did you choose?
I’ve gone for the M50 in Brooklyn Grey with black interior, comfort access, sports seats and black high line. Hoping for this year but expecting next year. This year would be a real bonus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve gone for the M50 in Brooklyn Grey …….
Sounds really good. Looking forward to your pictures on the day of delivery (y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve gone for the M50 in Brooklyn Grey with black interior, comfort access, sports seats and black high line. Hoping for this year but expecting next year. This year would be a real bonus.
I'm in the same mindset as you, I have different options selected but fully expecting 2022. 2021 would just be a nice surprise!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm in the same mindset as you, I have different options selected but fully expecting 2022. 2021 would just be a nice surprise!
I can’t see it being this year but my dealer was very positive it would be. I’m in no rush and my second car doesn’t go back until the end of Feb next year so I am not too panicked. Would be a great Christmas present though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered my copy of the i4 on June 25th, 2021. Expected delivery date 2/2/22 :D A Wednesday. I will take the day off.

View attachment 1166

Main specs:
  • M50
  • Alpine white
  • High executive pack (Vernasca Tacorarot leather, alarm system, heated seats, laser lights, live cockpit professional)
  • Personal copilot pack (driving assistent professional, parking assist plus)
  • Safety pack (active protection)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Comfort access
  • 19 inch 816M rims
  • Sunroof
  • Eiche Maser decals
  • Harman Kardon
  • Wireless charging
  • Electric front seats with memory
  • Extended shadow line
Hans, did you know that in the i4/m50 you do not need the high executive pack and personal co-pilot pack to order individual options like driving assistant professional and parkin assist plus? (on other makes they are required of course, but not on i4, because car already comes with all necessary sensors)
I changed my order after I found out, it saves you money in case you do not want to go for Vernasca Leather, as buying the alarm + heated seats + laser + live cockpit + assist pro + parking assist pro is still cheaper than high exec + personal copilot. It's even more value in case you actually don't need/want laser lights and/or live cockpit (as in my case), as basically you have 12" and 15" inch screens anyway (i currently have the hud display and don't use it that much on the iX3).

Just some thoughts :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts