BMW i4 Forum banner
341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Two of the ten norwegians that got their cars on the 15th december are active forum members on bimmers.no.

Apparantly they got selected by random draw in july and knew they would get their cars before newyear since july. They had some kind of NDA making them unable to talk about it.. 😂

One car was delivered to a non BMW dealer and put up for sale for almost the same price you have to pay if you order now. Less than 80k, it was gone the next day ofcourse.. I bet they would have sold it for 10k more just as fast. They probably made quick 10k of the sale if they didnt get more than the price it was advertised for..

·
Registered
A5
18 Posts
Hey guys! I've been reading this thread for a while now and finally I created an account to give an update from my part.

I live in Belgium and I ordered the company car of i4 edrive40 end of October 2021 (order sent on 25/10 to be precised). At first they said early summer 2022, but today I called and they confirmed delivery early February 2022!! I was ecstatic to hear this! I guess it's true that Belgium is a priority for BMW (we really do have a lot of BMW enthusiasts here).

So, there you go. I think this is a good news for my fellow Belgians here. I'm hoping good news for the other countries as well 😊
You probably miss read it. Should be 2023 I guess?
Ordered end of september, delivery estimate (atm) December 2022 (also BE)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You probably miss read it. Should be 2023 I guess?
Ordered end of september, delivery estimate (atm) December 2022 (also BE)
I called the garage and the guy seemed very sure... I don't know what to think lol. I did mention end of October as the order date. Guess we'll see..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just had a test drive of the M50 today in Glasgow - Awesome car, cannot wait!
Delivery is still ETA May/June and the only option that has been removed is the wireless charger however there's something on the system which might indicate it can be retrofitted at a later date. I should have asked more but was too excited to try out the car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was at my dealer today to confirm my spec etc and their system shows a build week of wk 9 and a delivery in Ireland of wk 11.
spoke with my dealership today & their system is showing something similar i.e. a short gap between production & delivery. They seem to think one of the dates is a mistake & are looking to get clarification on it. If the delivery date is correct they expect production would be January. If the production date is correct they would expect mid April delivery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
spoke with my dealership today & their system is showing something similar i.e. a short gap between production & delivery. They seem to think one of the dates is a mistake & are looking to get clarification on it. If the delivery date is correct they expect production would be January. If the production date is correct they would expect mid April delivery.
Sounds like you got a production slot for 22 despite what you thought? Congrats, you are pencilled in for similar to me so?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds like you got a production slot for 22 despite what you thought? Congrats, you are pencilled in for similar to me so?
Yeah, I was always scheduled for March delivery having ordered in July (first i4 order at my dealership). Still some questions though, it seems we’re both being told the same thing re production & delivery, just each dealer seems to have a different interpretation which seems odd. Your dealer seems to trust it, mine is questioning it. You’d imagine they both speak with BMW Ireland & are being told the same thing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah, I was always scheduled for March delivery having ordered in July (first i4 order at my dealership). Still some questions though, it seems we’re both being told the same thing re production & delivery, just each dealer seems to have a different interpretation which seems odd. Your dealer seems to trust it, mine is questioning it. You’d imagine they both speak with BMW Ireland & are being told the same thing.
This is something new. Not an estimate but a factory-confirmed production date, third week of the year.

So I am excited for real.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My dealer has now advised that they’re expecting delivery week 28 - 11/07/2022.
Happy days as it was mid august before that :)
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! The first time I hear about a date being pulled earlier as opposed to pushed later. Thank you so much, it made my day.🥰🥰🥰

·
Registered
11 Posts
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! The first time I hear about a date being pulled earlier as opposed to pushed later. Thank you so much, it made my day.🥰🥰🥰
It was very confusing as he emailed me saying delivery 11/07 as it’s showing on the system as 28/07. I kept asking in an email why does he keep saying 28/07 as that’s the end of the month. I’m the end, he rang me up and said sorry for the confusion but BMW work in week numbers so it’s due for delivery on week 28 which is the 7th month which is 11/07 haha. I said to him “can you understand why I’m confused?” 🙈

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am a little confused too, because the previous time I called the genius line they said it looks like the third week in March.
When I called the genius line earlier this week they said it was march but couldn't give me a week. I've resigned myself to not asking again until January.

·
Registered
330D M Sport 2018
2 Posts
Has anyone in the UK had any further updates yet? I've had an i4 M50 on order since September but no news on delivery date yet....

341 - 360 of 364 Posts