BMW i4 Forum banner
361 - 380 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
so Ive just found this thread on a search ,Ive just ordered a bmw i4 edrive40 ,I ordered it on 12 jan 22 ,the paperwork says 30 jan 22 delivery lol but they stated 1st march 22 ,now after reading these comments Its pretty clear the bmw electric events and lead time are a joke lol and theres no way I'l recieve my car before summer or this year ,I did suspect this but was reassured definatly march 22 ,I dont want to wait that long as theres other EVs on the market ,I have emailed them 3 days ago asking for a build/delivery date to be confirmed but no answer

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’s really bad that their expected delivery dates are so misleading.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s really bad that their expected delivery dates are so misleading.
whats bad is the dealers dont know and keep promising the car on those dates ,I went on the online genius and even it said 16 wks maximum ,dont they get work newsletters with information in like this ??
yet so many people on forums ,facebook groups are quoting long waits for thier car it appears some dealers are quoting long waits and delivery dates autumn onwards where as others are just quoting a generic date and then will probably just quote its delayed , there are other electric cars out there I could buy but if i'm waiting for an i4 without a clue when its coming I cant move on something else ,come on bmw

·
Registered
158 Posts
Today I got official date from BMW (in Germany Bavaria), that I have to collect my new BMW i4 eDrive40 at 1st of June 22 at BMW Welt. I did a reservation on June 2021, ordered on 30.09.2021 (papers signed a week later).
Model will look like on a banner of this forum.
White (not M)
Interior Beige (Sensatec - no more killing animals)
and bunch of extras.
So almost 9 months after signing your papers. Congrats! If that applies to mine order too i should be getting my e40 in July and not in May as promised.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hiya when did you order? Mine was done first week of November but still no delivery date 🤷🏻‍♀️
I ordered October but official date was 3rd Nov.

also, just had a test drive 😀

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you do a review yet, inquiring minds wanna know. Hehe
  • The launch in sport mode is ridiculous. My wife literally screamed haha.
  • My first BMW but the interior was classy. Also not what I expect from an EV but I like the interior when it’s more reminiscent of a traditional car.
  • I had a little play with the infotainment/I drive 8. It felt intuitive but also complicated at the same time. I know that doesn’t make sense but I managed to all the things I wanted to do, but it seemed over bearing. I think I’d need time properly to explore it.
  • I had a dark blue colour (I don’t think it was Portimao Blue) which didn’t highlight the black accent colours well. It wasn’t to my taste.
  • The car would brake automatically (often) when approaching junctions or roundabouts. It surprised me a bit when it happened.
  • The sound system was amazing.
  • The car was silent and so smooth.
  • I’m glad I didn’t upgrade to the carbon fibre inside as there is not much of it.
  • Heads up display was brilliant. Displays turn indications, lane indications and maps. I didn’t try it with google/Apple.

·
Registered
Ordered: '23 i4 M50 Portimao Metallic Blue/Cognac Garage: '16 Audi S5
333 Posts
Looks like the Tanzanite Blue. I think the Brooklyn Grey is the best for showing off the trim details and the beautiful lines on this car. Those of us across the pond are just hopping around waiting for even a test drive. Maybe in two more weeks.

Thanks for the review. What do you have on order?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like the Tanzanite Blue. I think the Brooklyn Grey is the best for showing off the trim details and the beautiful lines on this car. Those of us across the pond are just hopping around waiting for even a test drive. Maybe in two more weeks.

Thanks for the review. What do you have on order?
I love Brooklyn grey. There was an x4 parked there in it. Looks amazing.

m50
Brooklyn Grey
Oyster int
Laser lights
Comfort plus pack
Shadow line trims

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok… I don’t want to jinx anything. But my dealer just called me saying my i4 has moved onto the production line and is being built today. 😃
So excited!!!
(Ordered in July 2021).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ok… I don’t want to jinx anything. But my dealer just called me saying my i4 has moved onto the production line and is being built today. 😃
So excited!!!
(Ordered in July 2021).
what was your original scheduled production date? I have week 9 build, ordered July. Hopefully they’re doing a batch of RHDs, I might have got bumped up aswell :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
what was your original scheduled production date? I have week 9 build, ordered July. Hopefully they’re doing a batch of RHDs, I might have got bumped up aswell :)
I’m not sure exactly, but was initially given an estimated date for December.
Hopefully the flood gates will open for us all now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. I ordered my i4 on 25/10/2021.

At first, I had a confimed production date on February 2022, but last month, they told me that the production slot has been cancelee for my car ! 😤😤😤

And now finally I have a confirmed production date for end of June 2022. I guess it really is 9 months after all (like the general consensus).

I was hoping to be a special case haha.

What about you guys??

Cheers

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,834 Posts
Hey guys. I ordered my i4 on 25/10/2021.

At first, I had a confimed production date on February 2022, but last month, they told me that the production slot has been cancelee for my car ! 😤😤😤

And now finally I have a confirmed production date for end of June 2022. I guess it really is 9 months after all (like the general consensus).

I was hoping to be a special case haha.

What about you guys??

Cheers
It seems we all have waited about 9 months. Welcome to the Forum! We commiserate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can tell you @Squirrel that whoever had promised you February 2022 slot is a clown. That was never going to happen, especially that you ordered by the end of the previous year :)

Reactions: Kase and MinhSATx
361 - 380 of 430 Posts