BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hans, did you know that in the i4/m50 you do not need the high executive pack and personal co-pilot pack to order individual options like driving assistant professional and parkin assist plus? (on other makes they are required of course, but not on i4, because car already comes with all necessary sensors)
I changed my order after I found out, it saves you money in case you do not want to go for Vernasca Leather, as buying the alarm + heated seats + laser + live cockpit + assist pro + parking assist pro is still cheaper than high exec + personal copilot. It's even more value in case you actually don't need/want laser lights and/or live cockpit (as in my case), as basically you have 12" and 15" inch screens anyway (i currently have the hud display and don't use it that much on the iX3).
Interesting thougts and I can tell you that I have already spent quite some time thinking this over :giggle:
High executive was more or less a no-brainer as I would have opted for the leather, heated seats, laser lights and alarm anyway. And do not forget that it will also add the Live Cockpit Professonal. It was not clear at first but I think that is the only way to get the Head Up Display. In addition you get 3D navigation with the Live Cockpit Professional and a 4-way DAB receiver (instead of 2-way). Don't know what to do with the 4-way receiver by the way. If you have any suggestions, please feel free.

I double checked with my dealer for the parking assist pro and the driving assist pro. You can order the adaptive cruise control, but it would not include the driving assist functionality. If you want the driving assist you automatically get the safety pack with it. Allthough most sensors may very well be available, my dealer informed me that you can not easily upgrade after delivery. Some critical parts would be missing (camera's maybe). So I went for it all the way.

Good to hear from a fellow dutchman!
Where are you located, how did you configure your i4, and what is the expected delivery date?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I ordered mine late July and my dealer told me March. But it didn’t seem like he knew much.
Portimao Blue and pretty much fully loaded, but without the carbon pack.
Well, maybe you are in for an early surprise. For now you are in the top 5!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I wonder if the +10 weeks wait for the individual colours, that some countries have as a side note, is true.
In my country there isn't such note, but since I will probably go for one of those, I wonder.

·
Registered
209 Posts
On some Norwegian forums they talked about Individual options - that it took a baseline 2 weeks or so longer to make them, then the type of paint and which facility had that kind of paint affected the cost and delivery time. And that they would be very pricey. I really like some of green colors like Isle of Man green, but not a fan of San Remo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my copy of the i4 on June 25th, 2021. Expected delivery date 2/2/22 :D A Wednesday. I will take the day off.

View attachment 1166

Main specs:
  • M50
  • Alpine white
  • High executive pack (Vernasca Tacorarot leather, alarm system, heated seats, laser lights, live cockpit professional)
  • Personal copilot pack (driving assistent professional, parking assist plus)
  • Safety pack (active protection)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Comfort access
  • 19 inch 816M rims
  • Sunroof
  • Eiche Maser decals
  • Harman Kardon
  • Wireless charging
  • Electric front seats with memory
  • Extended shadow line
Where can I find out when my delivery date is?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hmm... I dont believe I received an order form, just an email confirmation. As for my local BMW sales person, he's clueless about anything related to BMW i4. Lol
Sorry to hear that GEEKDi4. But look at it from the bright side. It does get you into 6th place :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Or is there a general site to go to, to configure it?
Normally you would start here I guess. But I can see that the i4 is not availble for configuration yet in your country. I would feel sorry for you but I looked a bit at the prices of some of the other models. And you are paying approximately half the prices we are paying over here. So I do not feel sorry any more :sneaky:. Sorry for that.

Check with your local dealership. He should be able to keep you posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where can I find out when my delivery date is?
I am in Canada and the Dealer told me my down payment was to get our spot in the waiting line to actually order. I think the same for States. I heard we will get to order our exact configurations in Nov
2021 with delivery in "first half of 2022". I am thinking Europe will take delivery way before us...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Normally you would start here I guess. But I can see that the i4 is not availble for configuration yet in your country. I would feel sorry for you but I looked a bit at the prices of some of the other models. And you are paying approximately half the prices we are paying over here. So I do not feel sorry any more :sneaky:. Sorry for that.

Check with your local dealership. He should be able to keep you posted.
Haha.. Thanks bud!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in Canada and the Dealer told me my down payment was to get our spot in the waiting line to actually order. I think the same for States. I heard we will get to order our exact configurations in Nov
2021 with delivery in "first half of 2022". I am thinking Europe will take delivery way before us...
Oh okay. I guess I should be close to first in line since I placed my reservation the first day. I was told that we would be able to configure in Nov 21'. So, I guess we just wait and see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes you should be first for sure, i heard that each Dealer gets allocated a certain amount of i4 reservations initially. Can't wait!!!
Yeah, I'm super excited!! I was initially going to go with Tesla but I purposefully waited to see if any of the big manufacturer's would jump on board. So, as soon as I saw that BMW did, it was a no brainer. Lol

21 - 40 of 171 Posts