BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I got my order number now and also my online brochure - Digital Brochure

My order is in status 047 (so no assigned production number) although dealer is still quoting 30th December.
That looks great Peter! I really like the blue stitching in the interior (steering wheel and seats!).
I hope you get it as a new years eve gift!

I sure would like to see more "Digital brochures". I think are the best after the "real" thing.
Be sure to ask your dealers if you can get yours.

It seems to go like this:
Digital Brochure + {configuration number} like c3a422d

I tested a few in random (from other configurations) and I hit positive for some other models but not the i4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks great Peter! I really like the blue stitching in the interior (steering wheel and seats!).
I hope you get it as a new years eve gift!

I sure would like to see more "Digital brochures". I think are the best after the "real" thing.
Be sure to ask your dealers if you can get yours.

It seems to go like this:
Digital Brochure + {configuration number} like c3a422d

I tested a few in random (from other configurations) and I hit positive for some other models but not the i4.
I'm definitely interested in seeing some others as well, this is definitely the best way to look at it that isn't in person, there's so much more detail than on the configurator. This is really the first time I've "properly" (I know it's only a render) seen inside the car!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting thougts and I can tell you that I have already spent quite some time thinking this over :giggle:
High executive was more or less a no-brainer as I would have opted for the leather, heated seats, laser lights and alarm anyway. And do not forget that it will also add the Live Cockpit Professonal. It was not clear at first but I think that is the only way to get the Head Up Display. In addition you get 3D navigation with the Live Cockpit Professional and a 4-way DAB receiver (instead of 2-way). Don't know what to do with the 4-way receiver by the way. If you have any suggestions, please feel free.

I double checked with my dealer for the parking assist pro and the driving assist pro. You can order the adaptive cruise control, but it would not include the driving assist functionality. If you want the driving assist you automatically get the safety pack with it. Allthough most sensors may very well be available, my dealer informed me that you can not easily upgrade after delivery. Some critical parts would be missing (camera's maybe). So I went for it all the way.

Good to hear from a fellow dutchman!
Where are you located, how did you configure your i4, and what is the expected delivery date?
Hi Hans, so that's what I thought at first (before configurator was live), but you can check it yourself: go to stock M50 config, then extra options (don't add packs), scroll down choose "bekijk alle opties" (see all options) --> change from "reeds toegevoegd" to "voor de gekozen modelvariant" (otherwise you can't manually add things), then add "driving assist professional" (1495,-) and "parking assist pro" (494,89), and other things you need. This way you skip expensive packs. You can also choose "zonder service inclusive" to save some money and add it later, but I think you already did that.

Regarding my build: I have first configured a fully loaded i4 40, then I stated thinking that normally gap between M cars and non-M cars is so huge, but with i4 its much smaller (due to 0 BPM for NL), so then I thought - let me build an M50, which will not be more than 5-6K more expensive than fully loaded i4 40, but with still acceptable options. And after some on and off attempts, I succeeded. So here's the config:

• M50 in Brooklyn Grau metallic (absolutely stunning on M cars)
  • 858M 18" wheels (kept this for less expensive tyre changes and more range!) and to me these 18" look amazing.
  • remove spoiler (it's free to remove), adds at least 7km range
  • remove service inclusive (save that cash!)
  • add alarm class 3 (you don't have to if you have high exec)
  • comfort access (must have IMHO- especially if you're an iPhone user, soon you can open car with iPhone & Apple Watch!).
  • I skipped live cockpit professional. here's the trick - if you don't need the HUD (pro adds the hud), you don't need it on this specific car. Other cars it widens display, etc but here not. Also, if you think you get 3d nav with professional only its not true, check out the German brochure circulating (maybe it was even you who posted it, don't remember) - all 3d nav, buildings, etc are included in live cockpit no need to upgrade. Also, to your point on 4 way tuner - no idea, not needed imho. I listen to music on Spotify / Apple music, so it's streamed from CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay included with standard option as well. Personally, I also don't like HUD, i have it now on the iX3 and its distracting me a lot.
  • Wireless charging. This also adds extra mic and connect to antenna on the roof. handy little option to never forget to include
  • Electricly adjustable seats. Must have on a car costing this much.
  • Heated seats. Added separately since no high exec pack.

That's it! So:
  • No laser lights. I watched several videos with full LED vs Laser and IMHO not worth it if you live in a city and seldom do full darkness country roads. Esthetically I like them both so no difference to me.
  • No Harman Kardon! I have now the Harman Kardon in the iX3 and in my 330e I had HiFi - there is a difference, but trust me it's not that big if you've set them up properly. Also upgrading the AMP does wonders as that's the weakest link.
  • No tinted windows. I will do aftermarket tint of course.
  • No Sunroof. I now have full moonroof in the iX3 and it's worth it. but for 4 series car with small sunroof opening and lowered ceiling because of that - not worth, especially for rear passengers (eats 2 cm of roof space).

These were some sacrificies I have made, but in my opinion totally acceptable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi Hans, so that's what I thought at first (before configurator was live), but you can check it yourself ...
Happy to see that I am not the only one who spent way too many hours with the configurator.
I will sure check it out, but for now the configurator seems to be out of order.

Guess it has been overloaded by guys like us clicking away all the time.
Or.... they closed it down for maintenance because of an error in the dutch configurator which I discussed with my salesman this morning (incorrect wheel codes for the 860M wheels). Check with your dealer if you ordered the 816M's.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Guess it has been overloaded by guys like us clicking away all the time.
:p;)
You are probably right Hans!

I'm currently on vacations, in the beautiful island of Crete, but when I'm ...seating in a chair with my phone, I always end-up checking the configurator for the i4. In other countries too! And check on youtube if a new video is out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
And the most important question: what is the expected delivery date?
End of Feb / 1st of March, but I don't think the dealers have a great deal of info / order status represents actual expected dates yet. So also not sure those who got December can really expect it in December, since start of production is November. I placed my pre-order also the day it went live so...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
but you can check it yourself
Des-mx, I checked. I could save 600 euro's but would miss out on the laser lights and some goodies from the safety pack. I will leave it as it is. One more thing to consider, a high executive editition might hold on to it's value just a little bit better.

So I think I'm done configuring. Still thinking about the M sport seats but unfortunately they are not available in my favorite color of leather.
Did you get any information on a final date for making changes to your configuration?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Or.... they closed it down for maintenance because of an error in the dutch configurator which I discussed with my salesman this morning (incorrect wheel codes for the 860M wheels). Check with your dealer if you ordered the 816M's.

The configurator has now been changed. BMW is listening to it's customers (y) :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh okay. I guess I should be close to first in line since I placed my reservation the first day. I was told that we would be able to configure in Nov 21'. So, I guess we just wait and see.
That sounds similar to what my local dealer had said. I also asked the question when will they be seeing the 4-series Gran Coupe at their dealership. He said around the same time period.

Knowing that the new Gran Coupe (and i4) is much longer and taller than the last gen one I really would love to sit and hopefully drive one with in 2-3 months to really determine if the i4 is the right car for me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm currently on vacations, in the beautiful island of Crete, but when I'm ...seating in a chair with my phone, I always end-up checking the configurator for the i4. In other countries too! And check on youtube if a new video is out.
I was in Greece (Halkidiki) last week, doing exactly the same thing :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’ve ordered my i4 m50 in brooklyn grey with the alcantara interior. Allmost all options except some options I personally don’t like such as the sunroof and the harman kardon.
Wheels:19” 859m.
Full configuration can be seen here.

When I placed the order I was expecting a delivery date around February/March. But I (and my salesperson) was surprised he got a date in 2021. He said all other orders they’ve sold, had a delivery date in February/March. My order showed production week 46/2021 and delivery in week 48/2021. The order status was 111. I’ve checked with the salesperson last Friday 27/aug and the dates and status code is still the same.

This would mean I could receive the car end November-begin December (week 48).
My sales contract states”uiterste datum van levering:15/12/2021” (translated by google: delivery deadline). So a two week contingency reserve was added to the delivery date for the date on the contract.

I hope this is correct, but honestly, I’m a bit sceptical. Is this correct, or an error in the system? Why would my car be delivered so soon?

Here’s my sales contract. I’ve highlighted the delivery date in red.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
When I placed the order I was expecting a delivery date around February/March. But I (and my salesperson) was surprised he got a date in 2021. He said all other orders they’ve sold, had a delivery date in February/March. My order showed production week 46/2021 and delivery in week 48/2021. The order status was 111. I’ve checked with the salesperson last Friday 27/aug and the dates and status code is still the same.

My sales contract states”uiterste datum van levering:15/12/2021” (translated by google: delivery deadline). So a two week contingency reserve was added to the delivery date for the date on the contract.
Verri, that is great news.
The last working/delivery day of week 48 is December 4th. That means you and your i4 are in first place for now. Keep us posted!

Great configuration by the way!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi, I’ve ordered my i4 m50 in brooklyn grey with the alcantara interior. Allmost all options except some options I personally don’t like such as the sunroof and the harman kardon.
Wheels:19” 859m.
Full configuration can be seen here.

I hope this is correct, but honestly, I’m a bit sceptical. Is this correct, or an error in the system? Why would my car be delivered so soon?

Here’s my sales contract. I’ve highlighted the delivery date in red.
View attachment 1355
Congratulations @Verri and welcome to the forum! Here's hoping it stays that way and it means that we can expect our cars sooner than expected. Were you looking at other cars before ordering your i4?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations @Verri and welcome to the forum! Here's hoping it stays that way and it means that we can expect our cars sooner than expected. Were you looking at other cars before ordering your i4?
The sooner the better!
I tested tesla model S and model 3 performance ( even on the racetrack :) ). Loved the tech but i couldn't see myself driving a tesla. I still have an open reservation on a Tela Cybertruck though, just for the fun of it. It's a great conversation starter 😄😄.
I tried the polestar 2. Nice car, but not the quality of a BMW. Loved the ride and kinda sporty. There's a polestar test center nearby and i see these cars all the time. To clean, to "vanilla".
Since i've been a BMW guy all my life ( +15 new M cars in the last 12 years) i promised myself to by the first full electric BMW sporty sedan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hans, so that's what I thought at first (before configurator was live), but you can check it yourself: go to stock M50 config, then extra options (don't add packs), scroll down choose "bekijk alle opties" (see all options) --> change from "reeds toegevoegd" to "voor de gekozen modelvariant" (otherwise you can't manually add things), then add "driving assist professional" (1495,-) and "parking assist pro" (494,89), and other things you need. This way you skip expensive packs. You can also choose "zonder service inclusive" to save some money and add it later, but I think you already did that.

Regarding my build: I have first configured a fully loaded i4 40, then I stated thinking that normally gap between M cars and non-M cars is so huge, but with i4 its much smaller (due to 0 BPM for NL), so then I thought - let me build an M50, which will not be more than 5-6K more expensive than fully loaded i4 40, but with still acceptable options. And after some on and off attempts, I succeeded. So here's the config:

• M50 in Brooklyn Grau metallic (absolutely stunning on M cars)
  • 858M 18" wheels (kept this for less expensive tyre changes and more range!) and to me these 18" look amazing.
  • remove spoiler (it's free to remove), adds at least 7km range
  • remove service inclusive (save that cash!)
  • add alarm class 3 (you don't have to if you have high exec)
  • comfort access (must have IMHO- especially if you're an iPhone user, soon you can open car with iPhone & Apple Watch!).
  • I skipped live cockpit professional. here's the trick - if you don't need the HUD (pro adds the hud), you don't need it on this specific car. Other cars it widens display, etc but here not. Also, if you think you get 3d nav with professional only its not true, check out the German brochure circulating (maybe it was even you who posted it, don't remember) - all 3d nav, buildings, etc are included in live cockpit no need to upgrade. Also, to your point on 4 way tuner - no idea, not needed imho. I listen to music on Spotify / Apple music, so it's streamed from CarPlay. Wireless CarPlay included with standard option as well. Personally, I also don't like HUD, i have it now on the iX3 and its distracting me a lot.
  • Wireless charging. This also adds extra mic and connect to antenna on the roof. handy little option to never forget to include
  • Electricly adjustable seats. Must have on a car costing this much.
  • Heated seats. Added separately since no high exec pack.

That's it! So:
  • No laser lights. I watched several videos with full LED vs Laser and IMHO not worth it if you live in a city and seldom do full darkness country roads. Esthetically I like them both so no difference to me.
  • No Harman Kardon! I have now the Harman Kardon in the iX3 and in my 330e I had HiFi - there is a difference, but trust me it's not that big if you've set them up properly. Also upgrading the AMP does wonders as that's the weakest link.
  • No tinted windows. I will do aftermarket tint of course.
  • No Sunroof. I now have full moonroof in the iX3 and it's worth it. but for 4 series car with small sunroof opening and lowered ceiling because of that - not worth, especially for rear passengers (eats 2 cm of roof space).

These were some sacrificies I have made, but in my opinion totally acceptable.
Hi, did I miss it as I was looking to see if you had your digital brochure of the Brooklyn Gray config, since I am interested to see that color. It seems to be varying shades when I see it on various sites or internet. Thank you

·
Registered
224 Posts
The sooner the better!
I tested tesla model S and model 3 performance ( even on the racetrack :) ). Loved the tech but i couldn't see myself driving a tesla. I still have an open reservation on a Tela Cybertruck though, just for the fun of it. It's a great conversation starter 😄😄.
I tried the polestar 2. Nice car, but not the quality of a BMW. Loved the ride and kinda sporty. There's a polestar test center nearby and i see these cars all the time. To clean, to "vanilla".
Since i've been a BMW guy all my life ( +15 new M cars in the last 12 years) i promised myself to by the first full electric BMW sporty sedan.
Hi, did I miss it as I was looking to see if you had your digital brochure of the Brooklyn Gray config, since I am interested to see that color. It seems to be varying shades when I see it on various sites or internet. Thank you
Welcome to the forum @Verri and @brucen32!
Which i4 spec did you both order?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts