BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Great specificatioins @Mobobat.
You do not end up in the top 5 of first deliveries, but I expect that a lot is going to change before we see the actual first deliveries. Keep us posted when you get your final confirmation of the delivery date.
Interesting to see that UK deliveries are now planned for February. When did you place your order?

·
Registered
266 Posts
New to the forum. New to the electric world. Had multiple BMWs though. Got my confirmation email today. Spec
I4 M50. Dravit grey. Tacora red. Individual piano black

estimated delivery. Mid Feb 2022

hopefully it is on track if not quicker😂
Welcome @Mobobat! Great color combination or your i4! What convinced you to make the switch to electric?

·
Registered
525 Posts
BMW Welt is limited in the amount of deliveries they can do per day and there's a long waiting list.
For a moment I was thinking "why not combine delivery with a trip".
BTW my wife went at the University in Munich!
Also how does it work with a foreign order?
You go there and they have your car with national plates and all?
Seems a little bit difficult.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For a moment I was thinking "why not combine delivery with a trip".
BTW my wife went at the University in Munich!
Also how does it work with a foreign order?
You go there and they have your car with national plates and all?
Seems a little bit difficult.
I actually talked to my dealer about that today.
You get german "trial" license plates, and the car will be technically registered as used imported.
Short said, a lot of work and unnecessary extra mileage if you live a long way from Germany.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wouldn't mind the trip since are in my plans lots of Kms in European roads, but yeah, it seems a little bit complicate to come in Greece with foreign "trial" plates and ...then what... start messing with the Greek bureaucracy, going from one office to another to get the proper plates.
Yeah, it's better to have our dealers doing all that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldn't mind the trip since are in my plans lots of Kms in European roads, but yeah, it seems a little bit complicate to come in Greece with foreign "trial" plates and ...then what... start messing with the Greek bureaucracy, going from one office to another to get the proper plates.
Yeah, it's better to have our dealers doing all that.
I would imagine your dealer still takes care of the documentation and relicensing but that might be different from country to country.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would imagine your dealer still takes care of the documentation and relicensing but that might be different from country to country.
Yes, probably. Since I did the order to him.
It might go smoothly. Having the plates waiting when I get back...

Didn't noticed if that delivery has a cost payable to BMW. I guess most of the German buyers we want the experience.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Also there are 2 packages with relatively high costs for a day at BMW.

PREMIUM for 775€
Where you get half (!) full tank or battery and only snacks to eat.
EXCLUSIVE for 1075€
Where you get all the 80 kwh and a 4 course meal to quench you hunger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys
New to the forum.
I’m in the UK and placed an order for the i4 m50 back in June. Was initially told December delivery. Last week was informed it’s been pushed back to March! Other than usual supply chain issues, anyone know why that could be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys
New to the forum.
I’m in the UK and placed an order for the i4 m50 back in June. Was initially told December delivery. Last week was informed it’s been pushed back to March! Other than usual supply chain issues, anyone know why that could be?
Interesting - when in June did you order? I ordered 6th June and as far as I know my expected date is still December, however I think dealerships are getting their allocations around now and towards the end of this month so maybe your dealership got theirs and they won't have a build slot in this quarter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting - when in June did you order? I ordered 6th June and as far as I know my expected date is still December, however I think dealerships are getting their allocations around now and towards the end of this month so maybe your dealership got theirs and they won't have a build slot in this quarter?
so I placed my order end of June but got the confirmation 1st July. Bit disappointed to be honest so have contacted BMW. I’ll be without car for 3 months. Not my first choice but the Tesla Model 3 performance is showing December delivery LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts
Since they are starting production of the cars in November, and those are going to dealers as test vehicles, I always thought it was odd that UK customers would receive cars this year.
March is the earliest date people ordering the first day in Norway has gotten, so it would make sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have emailed my dealer for an update. My lease car goes back on the 1st week of Feb and I can’t be without a car. If it is into March I would rather know and I would cancel and go with the Tesla as well. I’d rather not but hoping for good news but this year is looking less and less likely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just from going through the posts on this forum, would it be fair to say UK dealerships seem to be overly optimistic on delivery dates? There was another post from a UK member this morning saying order placed September, expected delivery end of November.

61 - 80 of 222 Posts