BMW i4 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have contacted 4-5 dealers here in Greece and they all had different answers about delivery times and the laws about the green bonus we can get back from the total price of the car.
When I ordered I was told ( in writing on my contract) delivery 15/12/2021. My delivery date now has changed to 15/5/2022.
Same here, i4M50 gone from dec 21 to july 22 and mine is the first delivery at the dealership.
Looks like my M50 has been pushed back till early August 2022. Starting to get concerned.
Dear Me! (Lord) :mad::confused::cry:
I can only Imagine what will be the delivery day for us who we are waiting to see the car in person and test-driving it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So my BMW dealership advised (after 2 months of trying to reach them) that my order has been changed and they removed the Driving assistant professional only to replace it with ACC, and that otherwise the delivery will be August 2022. Apparently if not changing it will remain Jan/Feb.
After lots of arguing and discussions I agreed to take the car with ACC only, will probably either get used to it or sell it (maybe for good value too since the car will be very scarce early 2022).

not happy

·
Registered
550 Posts
So my BMW dealership advised (after 2 months of trying to reach them) that my order has been changed and they removed the Driving assistant professional only to replace it with ACC, and that otherwise the delivery will be August 2022. Apparently if not changing it will remain Jan/Feb.
After lots of arguing and discussions I agreed to take the car with ACC only, will probably either get used to it or sell it (maybe for good value too since the car will be very scarce early 2022).

not happy
sorry for you.

the fact that BMW informs its customers and offers to wait or remove the option is a good point. (not all manufacturers do this)

·
Registered
48 Posts
sorry for you.

the fact that BMW informs its customers and offers to wait or remove the option is a good point. (not all manufacturers do this)
Yeah only it wasn't them informing, it was me trying to get hold of the status of the order by calling and emailing many times. In the end met up with the dealership management. And to add options, obviously against the additional new prices, so basically kicking out my order (and giving to someone else the production spot) and shooting a new one. Also on the removing of options - they unilaterally did this, without notifying. hence the unhappy state

·
Registered
420i Grand Coupe --> i4 eDrive 40
20 Posts

not happy
which dealer in NL?

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
26 Posts
I'm planning to order my i4 M50 at van Poelgeest Amsterdam. I'll be sure to discuss this with them explicitly. And specifically about wanting to hear when options get removed from my order.

To be honest, I was doubting whether to get Driving Assistant Professional or just stick to ACC. But now that I've decided that I want the former, I'd rather wait a bit longer.

I'll get to enjoy the sound of my I6 for a bit longer...

And, no, that is not an electric version of the 6 series. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm planning to order my i4 M50 at van Poelgeest Amsterdam. I'll be sure to discuss this with them explicitly. And specifically about wanting to hear when options get removed from my order.

To be honest, I was doubting whether to get Driving Assistant Professional or just stick to ACC. But now that I've decided that I want the former, I'd rather wait a bit longer.

I'll get to enjoy the sound of my I6 for a bit longer...

And, no, that is not an electric version of the 6 series. ;)
Van Poelgeest is a good dealer generally, be aware that Van Poelgeest Amsterdam used to be BMW Amsterdam, but both are good historically.

It’s just this shortage situation isn’t helping at all so you must stay on top of your order constantly to monitor the situation. Even if they say they will notify you, you can’t take that for granted.

On the Driving Assist Pro vs ACC, I have both on my iX3 currently, and technically ACC +base lane departure steering intervention (part of standard included active guard or something) is also great, gives you about 30 sec of hands free steering depending on the road conditions (ie turn or straight stretch of highway). The difference is of course the car will be guided not to run into the lane edge better with the Driving Assist Pro. But both make annoying sounds if you don’t take the wheel lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Van Poelgeest is a good dealer generally, be aware that Van Poelgeest Amsterdam used to be BMW Amsterdam, but both are good historically.

It’s just this shortage situation isn’t helping at all so you must stay on top of your order constantly to monitor the situation. Even if they say they will notify you, you can’t take that for granted.

On the Driving Assist Pro vs ACC, I have both on my iX3 currently, and technically ACC +base lane departure steering intervention (part of standard included active guard or something) is also great, gives you about 30 sec of hands free steering depending on the road conditions (ie turn or straight stretch of highway). The difference is of course the car will be guided not to run into the lane edge better with the Driving Assist Pro. But both make annoying sounds if you don’t take the wheel lol.
sorry for the long rant but most importantly the dealer now said with ACC only my production week is week 3, so fingers crossed delivery Feb 2022

·
Registered
525 Posts
sorry for the long rant but most importantly the dealer now said with ACC only my production week is week 3, so fingers crossed delivery Feb 2022
Not a "long rant" at all. In fact, I would like to hear more about those systems in your iX3 (and any other useful information for the "cousin" of our i4.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just been told by my BMW dealer (large UK dealer group) that the UK launch of the i4 M50 has been put back to June 2022.
I ordered mid August and have only recently been given possible delivery date of May 22 but it’s only an estimate. I guess it’s uncertainty over parts delivery plaguing the whole automotive industry. You can’t really blame BMW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered mid August and have only recently been given possible delivery date of May 22 but it’s only an estimate. I guess it’s uncertainty over parts delivery plaguing the whole automotive industry. You can’t really blame BMW.
I have got to the bottom of the ordering process and where things stand after spending some time discussing things with the dealer.
The dealers were asked to put forward pre-orders with paid deposits on I think the SA3 order system which just logs the order and sends it to BMW UK who then send it on to BMW AG.
I don't know when the dealers were allowed to start doing this on SA3 but my suspicion is that it was after August. My guess is that SA3 was opened to allow i4 orders on it on or around the beginning of October. Once BMW AG have logged it then it is put onto the main BMW order system IVS which is the master system for orders and production. My car made it onto IVS with an order date of 5th October 2021. It is only once it gets onto IVS that you have any certainty that the order has been captured correctly and production is going to occur. Printouts or screen shots from SA3 are merely informational.
Dealer sent me a screen shot from IVS for my car which lists the car spec , Dealer Order number, BMW AG order number etc. It shows a status code of 1100 (accepted and scheduled) which occurred on 11th November with production week 18 (May 2nd to May 8th 2022) although they have said they expect the production week to come forward slightly. I suspect they might be being optimistic with this if the chip shortage continues. My car is very high spec so chip shortage issues might impact my production more than a standard spec car. The next status is 1200 - scheduled for production after which point I think the car spec becomes fixed. I don't think it will go to 1200 until some time next year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Worrying that so much stuff gets removed without them reaching out.

At the moment im really waiting to see a car with the full leather dash. I wanted electric seats and driving assist pro this came with the "supercharged" package in Norway together with full leather dash.

My problem is that i dont really like the way black underdash looks with the oyster interior, so i may want to go back to "fully charged" package to avoid this option and take the hit on price for speccing seats and driver assist alone. But now it seems like both options i picked "supercharged" for is hanging by a thread... 4 series GC are showing up with manual seats without warning, and now this with driving assistant pro..

This long wait is hard enough without worrying about vital options being left out... 😅

·
Registered
90 Posts
you can't, Monday falls on a Sunday :(
so you'll have to wait for Christmas, in August of the next leap year

this is what my dealer understood.
There was a joke from the old Soviet Union about a man who made the payment on a car and asked when it would be delivered.

"In ten years", was the reply.

"Hmm. Will that be in the morning or the afternoon."

"Why would you care, after ten years?"

"Well, you see...I've got the plumber coming in the morning?"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dealer sent me a screen shot from IVS for my car which lists the car spec , Dealer Order number, BMW AG order number etc. It shows a status code of 1100 (accepted and scheduled) which occurred on 11th November with production week 18 (May 2nd to May 8th 2022) although they have said they expect the production week to come forward slightly.
Have you spec’d an individual colour? (Frozen blue, Tanzanite Blue, Dravit Gray & Aventurine Red are all considered individual colours). These add about 10-12 weeks to the lead time of a standard colour

121 - 140 of 222 Posts