BMW i4 Forum banner

First ever i4 customer delivery!

88K views 429 replies 87 participants last post by  Blackmagic_ 
#1 · (Edited)
The countdown has started. And as more and more people are placing their orders we all wonder who will be THE VERY FIRST TO RECEIVE THE KEYS TO HIS OR HER BRAND NEW BMW i4.

if you like, keep us up to date on your expected and actual delivery date in the comments below. I will edit this message as new dates come in and keep track of the actual global first delivery.

The top 5 of very first BMW i4 deliveries is (updated Aug 29, 2021):
  1. Dec 4th, 2021 - estimated date - Verri, Belgium
  2. Dec 18th, 2021 - estimated date - Neilsafc, United Kingdom
  3. Dec 30st, 2021 - estimated date - Peter, United Kingdom
  4. Jan 31st, 2022 - estimated date - Jiioo, Finland
  5. Feb 2nd, 2022 - estimated date - Hans, Netherlands

#2 ·
The countdown had started. And as more and more people are placing their orders we all wonder who will be THE VERY FIRST TO RECEIVE THE KEYS TO HIS OR HER BRAND NEW BMW i4.

if you like, keep us up to date on your expected and actual delivery date in the comments below. I will edit this message as new dates come in and keep track of the actual global first delivery.

The top 5 of very first BMW i4 deliveries is (updated Aug 21, 2021);

1. Feb 2nd, 2022 - estimated date - Hans, Netherlands
I have estimated delivery date 31.1.2022. Order was placed 14.6.2021. JS, Finland

#4 · (Edited)
I ordered my copy of the i4 on June 25th, 2021. Expected delivery date 2/2/22 :D A Wednesday. I will take the day off.

Main specs:
  • M50
  • Alpine white
  • High executive pack (Vernasca Tacorarot leather, alarm system, heated seats, laser lights, live cockpit professional)
  • Personal copilot pack (driving assistent professional, parking assist plus)
  • Safety pack (active protection)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Comfort access
  • 19 inch 816M rims
  • Sunroof
  • Eiche Maser decals
  • Harman Kardon
  • Wireless charging
  • Electric front seats with memory
  • Extended shadow line

#20 ·
I ordered my copy of the i4 on June 25th, 2021. Expected delivery date 2/2/22 :D A Wednesday. I will take the day off.

View attachment 1166

Main specs:
  • M50
  • Alpine white
  • High executive pack (Vernasca Tacorarot leather, alarm system, heated seats, laser lights, live cockpit professional)
  • Personal copilot pack (driving assistent professional, parking assist plus)
  • Safety pack (active protection)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Comfort access
  • 19 inch 816M rims
  • Sunroof
  • Eiche Maser decals
  • Harman Kardon
  • Wireless charging
  • Electric front seats with memory
  • Extended shadow line
Hans, did you know that in the i4/m50 you do not need the high executive pack and personal co-pilot pack to order individual options like driving assistant professional and parkin assist plus? (on other makes they are required of course, but not on i4, because car already comes with all necessary sensors)
I changed my order after I found out, it saves you money in case you do not want to go for Vernasca Leather, as buying the alarm + heated seats + laser + live cockpit + assist pro + parking assist pro is still cheaper than high exec + personal copilot. It's even more value in case you actually don't need/want laser lights and/or live cockpit (as in my case), as basically you have 12" and 15" inch screens anyway (i currently have the hud display and don't use it that much on the iX3).

Just some thoughts :)

#10 · (Edited)
For mine although I don't have an order number yet:

View attachment 1173
So we have a clear winner! For now. Please be warned that I will be following your posts closely. Because my contact at BMW told me that this would not happen. No deliveries in 2021.
So in case your dealer informed you correctly, please keep us posted.
But in the very probable case that you were misinformed, please keep us posted too, and enjoy the waiting with all of us.

No kidding, very curious to see what will happen (y)

Here in the Netherlands the fiscal regime is going to change again per Jan 1st 2022. And as usual not in our favour. So the yearly operating costs for an i4 delivered in 2021 will be approximately EUR 800 lower than for the same car delivered in 2022. Every year again, so after 5 years of use an advantage of EUR 4.000. It's for this reason that they were able to sell so many Model 3's in our country just before each relevant change in fiscal regime. As a result in 2019 the Tesla Model 3 was the number 1 top selling car in the Netherlands (EV and ICE combined).

Any BMW dealer in this small country will therefore be very cautious in promising a delivery date before the 1st of January. My sales contact said there might be a very limited number of i4's available before New Year's eve but I should not count on it. Which I do not.

Any such issues in the UK?
If it were not for the fiscal advantages, would you consider having your car delivered in January even if it were already available in December. Many people would prefer a January delivery as the car would be "1 year younger" which will reduce depreciation costs a bit. Anyway, 131 days to go until delivery of your i4. Counting down.

#14 ·
The last workingday / delivery day of week 50 will be Saturday December 18th. So I'll take that as your estimated delivery date. What a christmas present!
So we have a new leader!

Which version / color / options did you choose?

#15 · (Edited)
In the news today in the Netherlands: prices for used cars are going up as the availability of new cars is more and more limited. This is due to the ongoing shortage in computer chips and may still have an impact on BMW's short term production plan. So all current estimated delivery dates may be at risk!

#25 ·
On some Norwegian forums they talked about Individual options - that it took a baseline 2 weeks or so longer to make them, then the type of paint and which facility had that kind of paint affected the cost and delivery time. And that they would be very pricey. I really like some of green colors like Isle of Man green, but not a fan of San Remo.

#54 ·
Hi, I’ve ordered my i4 m50 in brooklyn grey with the alcantara interior. Allmost all options except some options I personally don’t like such as the sunroof and the harman kardon.
Wheels:19” 859m.
Full configuration can be seen here.

When I placed the order I was expecting a delivery date around February/March. But I (and my salesperson) was surprised he got a date in 2021. He said all other orders they’ve sold, had a delivery date in February/March. My order showed production week 46/2021 and delivery in week 48/2021. The order status was 111. I’ve checked with the salesperson last Friday 27/aug and the dates and status code is still the same.

This would mean I could receive the car end November-begin December (week 48).
My sales contract states”uiterste datum van levering:15/12/2021” (translated by google: delivery deadline). So a two week contingency reserve was added to the delivery date for the date on the contract.

I hope this is correct, but honestly, I’m a bit sceptical. Is this correct, or an error in the system? Why would my car be delivered so soon?

Here’s my sales contract. I’ve highlighted the delivery date in red.

#55 ·
When I placed the order I was expecting a delivery date around February/March. But I (and my salesperson) was surprised he got a date in 2021. He said all other orders they’ve sold, had a delivery date in February/March. My order showed production week 46/2021 and delivery in week 48/2021. The order status was 111. I’ve checked with the salesperson last Friday 27/aug and the dates and status code is still the same.

This would mean I could receive the car end November-begin December (week 48).
My sales contract states”uiterste datum van levering:15/12/2021” (translated by google: delivery deadline). So a two week contingency reserve was added to the delivery date for the date on the contract.
Verri, that is great news.
The last working/delivery day of week 48 is December 4th. That means you and your i4 are in first place for now. Keep us posted!

Great configuration by the way!

#60 · (Edited)
New to the forum. New to the electric world. Had multiple BMWs though. Got my confirmation email today. Spec
I4 M50. Dravit grey. Tacora red. Individual piano black

estimated delivery. Mid Feb 2022

hopefully it is on track if not quicker😂

Since posting this message, the delivery has been updated

first, expected delivery Mid March 2022

second, now expected to be end of April 2022

Third, its imminent😂

#61 ·
Great specificatioins @Mobobat.
You do not end up in the top 5 of first deliveries, but I expect that a lot is going to change before we see the actual first deliveries. Keep us posted when you get your final confirmation of the delivery date.
Interesting to see that UK deliveries are now planned for February. When did you place your order?

#67 ·
I wouldn't mind the trip since are in my plans lots of Kms in European roads, but yeah, it seems a little bit complicate to come in Greece with foreign "trial" plates and ...then what... start messing with the Greek bureaucracy, going from one office to another to get the proper plates.
Yeah, it's better to have our dealers doing all that.

#70 ·
Also there are 2 packages with relatively high costs for a day at BMW.

PREMIUM for 775€
Where you get half (!) full tank or battery and only snacks to eat.
EXCLUSIVE for 1075€
Where you get all the 80 kwh and a 4 course meal to quench you hunger!

#72 ·
Interesting - when in June did you order? I ordered 6th June and as far as I know my expected date is still December, however I think dealerships are getting their allocations around now and towards the end of this month so maybe your dealership got theirs and they won't have a build slot in this quarter?

#77 ·
I have emailed my dealer for an update. My lease car goes back on the 1st week of Feb and I can’t be without a car. If it is into March I would rather know and I would cancel and go with the Tesla as well. I’d rather not but hoping for good news but this year is looking less and less likely.

#79 ·
Just from going through the posts on this forum, would it be fair to say UK dealerships seem to be overly optimistic on delivery dates? There was another post from a UK member this morning saying order placed September, expected delivery end of November.

#81 ·
I have ordered i4 eDrive40 on 30 of September (+ reservation on June), expected delivery date is March 2022.
I am from Germany, Bavaria.
I will collect a car from BMW Welt. It is a double benefit: 1st it is cheaper than transportation costs "überführungskosten" of a dealer (~900EUR), and 2nd its benefit of a nice handover service). I'm living 200 km from Munich, so will be fun to collect it.

PS. As my dealer informed me, I was still lucky to jump into the "First wave" of deliveries of i4. The next portion might be just on late summer 2022. Reason - material shortages.
We will see if that's true or not. Maybe it was just a "nice trick" to push me to order a car faster.

#83 ·
I had 520d 2011. At 200k km timing chain broke. After the rebuild of the engine, its block broke at 275k km. Now I have replaced the engine and sold a car. I do not need any more wagons. Main requirement - short city trips, multiple times per day, cause of many activities for kids. And time to time longer journeys. So Tesla S would be perfect, but too expensive. Tesla 3/Y is too boring on the looks and will be plenty on the streets soon. So i4 is quite a good choice. Promising efficiency. Safety and autonomous features are disappointing, but at least something. Price with dealer discounts nearly same as Tesla 3.
Also plan to charge as much as possible from excess solar electricity. Only a few charges currently support excess solar charging (dynamically adjusting charging rate from 1.3kw till 11kw). KOSTAL will have a new charger (on Q1 22) with several charging types, and it will be the perfect solution with my home energy solution (hybrid Kostal inverter, Kostal Smart meter, BYD 22kwh battery).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.