BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So tomorrow should be the big day? Release of the first real reviews!
Yup, exiting stuff :). Based on the IX reviews, the first should be available around midnight already. Tesla Björn posted his a couple of minutes after midnight, so did a number of other reviewers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That guy says in 4 hours !
That guy is a long time car journalist with quite a reputation. He favours a real 'drivers car'.
His first conclusions are already in the comments below his video. Translation:

"For anyone who thinks you can't have fun in an EV, watch the video of the i4 M50. Everything is good about the party version of the i4, its brakes, the speed, the balance, even the composed sound is right. Have fun with the VIDEO."

·
Registered
302 Posts
To be honest, I don't consider a "review" nowadays. "Oh it's a great car, lots of power, good range and fun to drive".
Of course it is! It's an expensive car for a well known manufacturer. I don't expect anyone to say "this is a bad car" (even a hater of the brand)
And the "woohoo!" when they floor it doesn't mean :poop: because it's an EV.

I want "crueler" reviews! :devilish:
I want to know about the "cheap closing door sound", about the weird noise from the brakes, that the sunroof (I won't be getting one, but it's a hot topic in the forum) doesn't open wide enough, that the rear passengers could hit their face in their ...knees when the car brakes hard! That the seabelt's winch isn't adjustable. That the iDrive crashed a few times.

And of course all the real world details about charging and range, Bjorn style.

And of course reviews of the e40 cause I think it;s a different car in many aspects.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t speak Dutch but just looking at the facial expressions I think Werner was impressed :)

·
Registered
420i Grand Coupe --> i4 eDrive 40
11 Posts
Whatcar posted this on their instagram account today. Seems we'll start getting reviews and impressions already next week and not on the 13th of october as previously assumed.

That rear on the second picture though... :love:
Dutch video was released 00.00 October 13th :).
There should be English subtitles. The driver is thrilled...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts