BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
CarBuzz

• Intro mentions Tesla :p
  • He idolizes Shmee150's camera movement.
  • He says this is not a (proper) M model. Might be one later. :unsure:
  • The only reviewer who dares a "Hey BMW".
  • You could change the name of the assistant. (Lord is a good name! You assure your entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven too wit all that praying.)
  • You can also talk to Siri.
  • He is confused about the size of screens, saying the 14,9" screen is 12,3" and the other way around. :whistle:
  • About the navigation finally BMW listened to his suggestion! :D
  • The version is M50i ? :unsure:
  • No memory buttons
  • Nice performance seats.
  • Again the version is M50i and the "other one" is 40i :sneaky:
  • Quiet luxury car. Smoother than a ...baby's behind.
  • Steering not precise (comfort mode?). Even the iX was better.
  • Some OMG, and woo-hoo, faster than M4
  • Whoo-hoo :mad: for the sounds, but he said he bored in the iX
  • Steering more precise in Sport mode.
  • It's NOT the full M model. It will be the i4M.
  • This is the car you were waiting for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a disapointment,
only one color, only those massive 20" rims and only 1h or so of driving arround for the Reviewers, literally the same Event like with the iX but a later NDA.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I didn't hear anything from the reviewers that it will make me change my mind about getting an i4.

Beautiful sporty quality car with a good hatchback trunk and the most recent technology from a well known manufacturer. The aforementioned range, if you can hold yourself and not "launching it" all the time, seems possible.

(Although I'm still curious about how the eDrive40 drives which is rear drive only)

Little things that noticed from all the reviews:
  • How curvy is actual the dual screen (visible in a snapshot I posted earlier) and how weird the way they stick it to the rest of the dashboard.
  • The small launch delay Bjorn noticed in all of his launches seems I little weird.
  • The U.S. reviewer he got a notification that the steering wheel position ...was blocking the drive attention camera (!!!) , made me think...What if the Spy (because that I think it is) camera doesn't work or it is blocked, can't you drive the car at all or you just lose the driving assistants?
  • Also Matt Watson from carwow lost the opportunity to launch the car when the battery was low, so we don't know the actual acceleration under those conditions. It seems that to get the 3,7"/3,9", like in some other EVs you need battery > 90%.

BTW if you were wondering why the very specific (Oct,13) "release date" for the reviews. I've been told that they let the reviewers driving the cars in different days, because of Covid and other reasons, and they wanted to ease on the disadvantage of the last reviewers to get their reviews days after the ones who tried the car first.

Fan fact: This thread has the words review/reviewers mention 85 times! :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bjorn has 20 more minutes Bonus material.

In this video Bjorn says that Navigation is ...laggy (like 5 fps) and he might take the wrong turn because of this. (He hopes for an OTA update).
Again about a slightly delay during launch. (more in comfort mode)
Also he can smell :poop: with closed windows i.e. the air filters aren't good as Tesla's.
Otherwise positive comments.

·
Registered
122 Posts
In this video Bjorn says that Navigation is ...laggy (like 5 fps) and he might take the wrong turn because of this. (He hopes for an OTA update).
Again about a slightly delay during launch. (more in comfort mode)
Also he can smell :poop: with closed windows i.e. the air filters aren't good as Tesla's.
Otherwise positive comments.
I wonder what the hell is wrong with his car’s iDrive as other guys were complaining about some stuff in iDrive but never about slowness (and I noticed when he touched home button on the screen it worked randomly

·
Registered
312 Posts

BMWBLOG's review.

• Made me wonder which mode has more comfort. Comfort or Eco pro.
  • The Speed Boost isn't a mode per se, and it lasts only for 10 seconds (+67 hp) and has a grace period that you can't use it again.
  • B mode is adjustable. Low/Med/High
  • In heavy B mode you may feel motion sickness.
  • One pedal driving needs some time to get the hang of it.
  • Ground clearance 53mm lower than 3 series.
  • His comments about 4WD made a little worry about the e40.

·
Registered
122 Posts
BMWBLOG's review.

Ground clearance 53mm lower than 3 series.
which I believe is not true - as I have information it is 125mm and I don’t think 3 series is 178mm

Reactions: M.Juul

·
Registered
312 Posts
which I believe is not true - as I have information it is 125mm and I don’t think 3 series is 178mm
i found different numbers for the 3-series.
Here it says 16.5
The 12,5 might be of the basic suspension.
We know from the configurator that the adaptive is lower let's say 1,3 cm than the guy might have some merit. 16,5-12,5+1,3=5,3 :giggle:

Obviously, I don't act as a ...lawyer of that guy, :p I think he said "he thinks" it's 53 mm. It might add up, It might not!
And yes the low ground clearance looks good, but we talked in other threads about the problems...:oops:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the great summaries! @Lord

I'm a little worried about the UI lag that Bjorn mentioned since pretty much all functionality is controlled on the UI now. Maybe it's just the map/navigation since other reviewers did not notice any slowdowns in the menus (which is still very important, but maybe fixable?).
I also hope we get some eDrive40 reviews soon. Wonder what the consumption and comfort will be like on that variant with smaller tires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I def think it’s COG. I know cog is 50mm lower than 3 series. So if it’s 53mm lower ride height it would obviously mean that the true cog is worse in i4, which is it not.
I think the most useful reviews were carwow (even though I do not care so much for Watson) and Bjørn Nyland, but many were not thorough. Bjørn said that voice control was only in English btw.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts