BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I def think it’s COG. I know cog is 50mm lower than 3 series. So if it’s 53mm lower ride height it would obviously mean that the true cog is worse in i4, which is it not.
I think the most useful reviews were carwow (even though I do not care so much for Watson) and Bjørn Nyland, but many were not thorough. Bjørn said that voice control was only in English btw.
And Autogefuhl? I found the Carwow review a little bit disrespectful (like throwing the umbrella out) and commercial (at CarWow my team and I will help you...).

·
Registered
122 Posts
And Autogefuhl? I found the Carwow review a little bit disrespectful (like throwing the umbrella out) and commercial (at CarWow my team and I will help you...).
Its typical Carwow - just his style ;)
But he is knowledgeable and as the only guy here really owns a Bimmer M and could compare- notice he was the only guy talking about understeer comparing to M3

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was told the official press launch on the i4 here in Ireland is mid November, I assume other EU countries will be similar. We should see more reviews, and eDrive40 reviews after that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I follow the steps of our @Lord :

• I4 is a direct competitor of the TM3
  • Germans line up their cars very well in parking lots
  • trunk OK
  • rear seats too low, central rear seat not usable
  • impeccable finish
  • very readable car dial screen
  • large turning circle, will be tricky in city
  • even in comfort, the car remains sporty
  • "wowowo there is resource" (comfort mode)
  • "wooooow sounds like return of the jedi" (sport mode)
  • regenerative brake is not very strong, even at max
  • uses more the motricity than the brakes for the driving assistance
  • lack of paddles on the steering wheel to adjust the regenerative brake
  • overconsumption compared to TM3, because of the weight
  • Car understeers
  • estimated IRL range 320-450km, city, without pressing too much on the gas pedal
  • much more expensive than a TM3

Finally, readers' comments are raging against the German EV manufacturers' approach (too big, too expensive)*

* : France is complexed about Germany, which does not make it very objective

·
Registered
312 Posts
lack of paddles on the steering wheel to adjust the regenerative brake
Hmm. I almost forgot about that.
It would be nice if they had it. Maybe.
At least I thought I liked it when I first saw it in the Mercedes. D-- (one pedal) to D+ (coasting) instead of B.
But I don't think I'll miss it either. The B position in lever is also fine.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
That was noted from other reviewers too.
And made me wonder even more about how the e40 drives which supposedly ...oversteers (as RWD).
Imagine if under+over=perfect balanced drive for the e40!
(Wishful thinking! ):cool:
Less weight, “Better” mass distribution (no front motor) - shiiiiiiit 😂

·
Registered
122 Posts
Found COG value - 37mm lower
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Lord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anybody now which color these reviewed cars have?
Is it;
M Portimao Blau
or
BMW Individual Tansanitblau II
?

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
75 Posts
Deception !!! no review on the 40 :(
ANW it will come later I believe :unsure:
I reserved mine today, the dealer expect a delivery at the end of summer :(
They will get the demo I40 and 1X on Nov. 25/26, I will be there for sure :p
Will that be Montreal?

·
Registered
312 Posts
A cute girl shows us the i4 and some ...cows. [German]

The 360' view shows the cows @14:30

P.S. For those who are interested more about the girl and less about another i4 review, her name is Jessi and here is her instagram!

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
75 Posts

P.S. For those who are interested more about the girl and less about another i4 review, her name is Jessi and here is her instagram!
Woohoo
Ein gross biere bitte....

·
Registered
132 Posts
(sorry for car industry's women, who hear these kinds of remarks 10 times a day)

---

Interesting part : around 17:30, you can clearly hear the iconic sound while normal driving, more present than I imagined

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Autogefuhl one was also good compared to the other ones, and he did take the time to describe the different qualities of the car rather than just talking about the specs that we all already know. He seemed a bit tired and over saturated with impressions, so he wasn’t so enthusiastic. The carwow one had the best production value, the Bjørn nyland one is just like.. he doesn’t really have any filter so it’s nice to just see what he feels when he uses it. Fun fact, I ordered some used wheels online once, and Bjørn Nyland was the one that delivered them.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I think it is a solid review which covers, and shows, a lot in a short time. Most of the points are already in the various other reviews, so I won't list them here. Exceptions maybe:
  • 17:40 They tried to drive the car economically at the start and had a consumption about 20 kWh / 100km with two(!) persons and luggage in the car. When flooring the accelerator the consumption went much higher.
  • 18:39 The seats and suspension were comfortable for driver and co-driver for more than 300km.
  • 5:39 The door handles are hard to use with long finger nails. Valid point the other reviewers understandably missed. BMW's usability testing?
The cows don't look too impressed. Perhaps they saw a lot of these cars on that day.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts