BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad you brought this up! This is the main reason I'm trading in my Volvo XC40 for the BMW i4 eDrive40. I make that drive from Reno area to Bay Area quite a lot. In the Volvo I have to charge two times going back up hill (to Reno) on the way down to the Bay Area only one charge is needed. With the reports I'm reading on the range of the i4 I may only have to charge once the whole round trip.........maybe........ I don't have the car yet, looks like August but will let you know my results.
Nice! I knew this guy that makes a few trips from SJ to Tahoe in his Model 3, he only charges once, but he gets less than 260 miles though.. It would be great to only have to charge 30 minutes (Free) for a round trip. Oh man, now I’m getting excited for the car.. dealer said Dec for me, placed order on Mar 22.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nice! I knew this guy that makes a few trips from SJ to Tahoe in his Model 3, he only charges once, but he gets less than 260 miles though.. It would be great to only have to charge 30 minutes (Free) for a round trip. Oh man, now I’m getting excited for the car.. dealer said Dec for me, placed order on Mar 22.
Wow......and that was going up hill (the Sierra mountains)! We'll see how efficient the i4 is, that bubble shape of the Model 3 good for something I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Mach E (i4 M50 on order)
51 Posts
Also what drive are you in, comfort?
On the highway, I plan on driving in Comfort mode (as I have been so far). On divided highways, Sport mode doesn't give you any significant advantage. I prefer the softened suspension in Comfort mode. Besides, if you need the quick acceleration, you can still get it in Comfort mode...you just need to go a bit deeper with the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in the UK on a mixture of roads basically 50, 60 and 70 mph in m50 I managed a range of 317 miles on a single charge. I had plenty of fun accelerating quickly and i even managed a launch. Temperatures were perfect about 19 Celcius air con was on low car at 18C. I have 19" wheels. The drive took about 4 and a half hours on fairly clear roads for the majority. Only issue I had was I couldn't find a charger over 50kw.

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
602 Posts
Wow......and that was going up hill (the Sierra mountains)! We'll see how efficient the i4 is, that bubble shape of the Model 3 good for something I guess.
That bubble shape is only a tiny bit more efficient than the i4 (cv 0,23 vs 0,24 if I remember), but the i4 is heavier so will use more driving uphill - but you will get most of it back driving downhill.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts