BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last questions.
Interior color, trim type and did you get fully loaded?

Trying to figure out why your build would be so soon and mine pushed to week 21?

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Oyster / Carbon Fiber Trim / Everything but the tire and exterior carbon fiber trim
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So the people seeing a Tanzanite car with early build dates, where are you located?
Are you in the US?

Also are the cars e40 or M50 and what options?

My car is a M50 build with all options except ventilated seats and exterior carbon.

did you get the 20” wheels? I hear that reduces range by a lot, you’re not worried about that?

·
Registered
2021 X5 45e
33 Posts
did you get the 20” wheels? I hear that reduces range by a lot, you’re not worried about that?
I wonder why people are so amused by the fact some of us take 20”? :) how often do you drive >400km at once? Moreover, the range may be better than EPA.

I mean if you take taycan, nobody cares about that. Why? Because Porsche haven’t made people paying their attention to this thing. And all are happy

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wonder why people are so amused by the fact some of us take 20”? :) how often do you drive >400km at once? Moreover, the range may be better than EPA.

I mean if you take taycan, nobody cares about that. Why? Because Porsche haven’t made people paying their attention to this thing. And all are happy
Wholly agreed, @electric2021. I am looking forward to my 20” 868s!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I chose the 20 ". It is mostly due to a brutally masculine look... of course ...:cool:😂😂 Drives no more than about 7000km a year. Should I go on a long trip, we have charging stations almost everywhere in Norway.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the 868s 20" come with performace tires. They are the ones that pull the range down the most. When they are worn out, just put on regular tires and you will get a lot of the range back.
Over 400km range is more than enough if you have a home charger as long as you do not need to drive long distances every day and it is poorly developed with charging stations where you live.
Hey...come on boys and girls....when you have over 400km range it is all about the look...😎

·
Registered
128 Posts
So this will be the 4th BEV in my home.
We have had a Fiat 500e, 2017 Bolt and now a 2020 Bolt.

Based on the driving habits that I have with an ICE car and looking at my daughter's charging in her Bolt; not worried about it.

As long as I can get from home to Monterey (Laguna Seca) and back I'm fine. That's about as far as I will need to go and not stop at a charger.

Range be damned! I want my 20's, big red brakes and fender extensions!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I chose the 20 ". It is mostly due to a brutally masculine look... of course ...:cool: Drives no more than about 7000km a year. Should I go on a long trip, we have charging stations almost everywhere in Norway.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the 868s 20" come with performace tires. They are the ones that pull the range down the most. When they are worn out, just put on regular tires and you will get a lot of the range back.
Over 400km range is more than enough if you have a home charger as long as you do not need to drive long distances every day and it is poorly developed with charging stations where you live.
Hey...come on boys and girls....when you have over 400km range it is all about the look...
I plan to swap out the performance tires to an all weather Continental DWS-06.

Should get some range back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi. Where are the "could extend build time by up to 10 weeks"? 🙂
this is from the US configurator. Norway doesn’t get a special pass 😁 It applies to all markets. I would have to question how well your dealership knows it’s product. It’s not unusual for car sales reps to be completely clueless

Tire Wheel Light Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
103 Posts
this is from the US configurator. Norway doesn’t get a special pass 😁 It applies to all markets. I would have to question how well your dealership knows it’s product. It’s not unusual for car sales reps to be completely clueless

View attachment 5176
Is it only in the US configurator or is this also in the European configurators. At least it is not in the Norwegian. Think this is so stupid I can hardly believe it. I mean, I can understand that they can choose one type of paint one day and another the next. What the h.... is the point of painting some types every 10 weeks or so. If this is really the case, it must be BMW that completely fails to inform this to its dealers and customers ....:mad:
I think there are more than enough complications and difficulties when it comes to semiconductors as it is. No need to make a lot of nonsense with paint too🙄

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think there are more than enough complications and difficulties when it comes to semiconductors as it is. No need to make a lot of nonsense with paint too🙄
Yes I think if BMW are going to make a colour available in the standard set of paint options there should be no delay. Especially with Tanzanite Blue & Dravit Grey, as these are available on a lot of other models. I can understand if someone wants to go outside the standard colours for a more ‘exclusive’ or unique colour, in which case they should be prepared to wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes I think if BMW are going to make a colour available in the standard set of paint options there should be no delay. Especially with Tanzanite Blue & Dravit Grey, as these are available on a lot of other models. I can understand if someone wants to go outside the standard colours for a more ‘exclusive’ or unique colour, in which case they should be prepared to wait a bit longer.
But Davit, Tanzanite and Frozen paints are extra cost and even though they are easy to select they don't have enough of them to do setup until enough of them are in a batch.

These are still considered "BMW Individual".

·
Registered
125 Posts
But Davit, Tanzanite and Frozen paints are extra cost and even though they are easy to select they don't have enough of them to do setup until enough of them are in a batch.

These are still considered "BMW Individual".

Yes, I know they are. It just seems a bit silly to have them as individual colours

41 - 60 of 61 Posts