BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's not get too serious about the i4. It's just a car. And it doesn't hurt to have a laugh every now and then. So show us your funny stuff. i4 or electric related preferrably.

I will kick off.
BMW i4 M50 at 00m32s, being overtaken at impressive speed by a Tesla Model S Plaid.
The i4 driver got home first :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Play this BMW i4 arcade racing game here!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you can soon have a FRUNK in your i4.
Now available for some other EV's at www.frunk.at.

These guys are serious! Genius or practical joke?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let's not get too serious about the i4. It's just a car. And it doesn't hurt to have a laugh every now and then. So show us your funny stuff. i4 or electric related preferrably.

I will kick off.
BMW i4 M50 at 00m32s, being overtaken at impressive speed by a Tesla Model S Plaid.
The i4 driver got home first :p

Truth be told, i4 took more controller corners & let him get passed. True that the Plaid simply has more brute power but it looked like it was going all over the place although it's about 100K lighter yet wider than the i4.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Truth be told, i4 took more controller corners & let him get passed. True that the Plaid simply has more brute power but it looked like it was going all over the place although it's about 100K lighter yet wider than the i4.
I highly doubt that S plaid could beat any car, including taycan or even i4 M50, in a twisted road race, because of this gimmick:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Hood

Imagine taking hairpin turns with that.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you want to skip your ...biceps routine, you can drive this road up and down a few times with a model S plaid.
View attachment 1537
As a sidenote, this is the famous Stelvio Pass in Italy.
I haven't yet driven on this road and I save it for the i4.
Are in my schedule many road trips from Greece (Venice after the ferry) and South France sooo... I will cross it almost every time!
According to Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson James May Richard Hammond :
"Stelvio Pass, the best driving road in the world!"
Video link: In Search of Driving Heaven | Top Gear

·
Registered
Bmw 640d M coupe ‘11, Bmw X3 2.0d xdrive M ‘19
56 Posts
I highly doubt that S plaid could beat any car, including taycan or even i4 M50, in a twisted road race, because of this gimmick:
View attachment 1536

Imagine taking hairpin turns with that.
:rolleyes:
Although very cool this should be terrible to park and in tight curves… Actually it remembered me a video from a Bugatti designer exactly on this cutout steering wheel topic!
see 3:48 to 5:00 :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Audi Q4 I got to test drive also had some fancy shaped steering wheel, though not as outlandish as this one. Looked cool but the handling was really annoying. It was an option I would have passed on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a sidenote, this is the famous Stelvio Pass in Italy.
I haven't yet driven on this road and I save it for the i4.
Are in my schedule many road trips from Greece (Venice after the ferry) and South France sooo... I will cross it almost every time!
According to Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson James May Richard Hammond :
"Stelvio Pass, the best driving road in the world!"
Video link: In Search of Driving Heaven | Top Gear
I drove the east side (tyrol) a few years ago... and the west side (lombardy) this past July..... fantastic road!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Audi Q4 I got to test drive also had some fancy shaped steering wheel, though not as outlandish as this one. Looked cool but the handling was really annoying. It was an option I would have passed on.
I wouldn't mind a, let's say "octagon" shape steering wheel like the one in iX.
Although I would prefer a round or a round+flat bottom steering wheel.
But S plaid's yoke is more like a publicity stunt, that the owners (unfortunately for them) they have to live with.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1 - 14 of 14 Posts