BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did you ever notice that this worldwide forum is being kept alive by about 8 frequent contributors who have a bit more to say than the obligatory "welcome to the forum, is this your first EV?".
Some time ago imdb closed their boards where people from all over the world were gathered there (including me) to talk about the movie they just saw. And when I say "talk" in most cases I mean really breaking it down to pieces and analyzing it beyond belief!

Amazon, which owns imdb, in a surprising statement said that the base of the boards was dedicated but ...small (!) (and we are talking about movies) so they decided to close them.
All the movies, all the tv shows, in one of the most popular site in the world!

So you can imagine about an, I would say, "limited edition" or at least "of limited interest" car, that's not even out yet.

Form my point of view, I’m on here because I’m interested in finding out as much as possible about the car before I get one.
Yeah, me too! It's a personality thing.
If for instance I'm about to get a new smartphone, I will join the best fora about smartphones and learn as much as possible about them before I buy one.

I think there may be a spike of interest when the car finally hits showrooms
Probably.
Even more from us, when we finally get one, to talk about a-a-a-l-l the things and the little things and the quirks and the problems big or small.
And someone will find a solution for that "little" annoying thing and the other members will ...praise him and..you get my meaning!

Although this is a public forum and you don't have to be a member to read the posts, so it will serve its purpose, like many others, silently helping anyone who needs its help!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Form my point of view, I’m on here because I’m interested in finding out as much as possible about the car before I get one. I follow the forum on a regular basis finding it informative. I think there may be a spike of interest when the car finally hits showrooms
Although this is a public forum and you don't have to be a member to read the posts, so it will serve its purpose, like many others, silently helping anyone who needs its help!
Very valid reasons, and I guess you are absolutely right. By the way, you were both included in my count ;)

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
195 Posts
Did you ever notice that this worldwide forum is being kept alive by about 8 frequent contributors who have a bit more to say than the obligatory "welcome to the forum, is this your first EV?".

So are car loving forum visitors generally not interested to go beyond the i4's grille? Or is this forum not generating the interest that the car deserves?

View attachment 1666
:) I fortunately found this forum by chance while trying to get some info on the i4 after I started to considerer it in July, as no reviews existed ( previously to the i4 I was leaning to a model S). It’s actually my 1st time posting in a forum (actually 1st time posting something as I don’t post on fb and don’t have other social platforms). I already had 2 bmw (‘11 640d f13, ‘19 x3 2.0d g01 and drove extensively wife’s ‘11 116d 2.0 f20), so I have some recent Bmw experiences to share. This i4 “discovery process” seems pretty exciting as little information is out. Thank you all that contributed to the forum!

·
Registered
MB GLA
76 Posts

So are car loving forum visitors generally not interested to go beyond the i4's grille? Or is this forum not generating the interest that the car deserves?

View attachment 1666
What to thing about this comment :unsure:
I believe that each of us are on this forum to learn about this car before to buy it; it is too much expensive to buy without à minimum of information. It is not mean that every body will proceed the purchasing, oh no, but it could help some of us better than the BMW saleman.

·
Registered
232 Posts

View attachment 1666
I think there are MANY people just reading in here without making a user.

I have a co-worker. We have never talked about EVs before and he one day came by my desk and said he had seen my picture on a site about the new BMW i4 and asked if I had bought one.

I believe there are many like him who likes to read but don't want to participate

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am very much interested and share what I know, however, in many cases, it is limited compared to other people on this forum. So nothing to do with not wanting, but instead not having an answer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
For the record, it is perfectly normal that there are many different types of users on a forum like this and I am not trying to convince anyone to change the way they are using it. On the contrary!
Having said that, I was just pointing out that the limited number of active contributors (which you do need in order to keep i4talk alive) seems small given it's multi continental reach and the general populairity of electric cars, the i4 included.

A very good thing is the very positive vibe on this forum. Real enthousiasts only who are looking forward to the arrival of the i4 and who are willing to learn as much as they can about what might be their future ride. Many forums end up in pointless tirades and a very negative humn. Not so at i4talk, So let's keep up the good spirits!

(quite a serious discussion for the Funny Stuff thread by the way)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Haha! Here it is also not allowed to have your charging cable pass over the sidewalk, they fined people for it in the beginning, but no so aggressively anymore. It looks like crap, and it’s also on public property, hehe.

This problem makes a bit of a class divide for EV drivers though, for those who can afford private parking and those who can’t.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i4 on GTA V :)

Great find J78!
Looks great!

And now ...Nitpicking!
  • If it was an i4 the exterior is of an e40.
  • It has the exterior aluminum trim
  • The interior is of 4 series with iDrive 7.
  • ...and an M steering wheel (?)
  • ...and gears!
  • The grill looks kind of weird with the smaller license plate.
  • It' s not a ...hatchback!! (the rear window stays as it is @16:29)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Next week the i4 reviews will come out from reviewers worldwide, well known and not.
Just realised that it might not be as useful as we thought.
I mean sure, we will devour every second of them trying to distill every drop of information but ...we know exactly (?) what they are going to say.

Obviously no one will say "It drives as fu...and the quality is sh..."!
We will here again the specifications, (honestly is 335 or 340 hp for the e40) and we will see the guy scrolling through the idrive 8 for a few seconds, and "wow is fast" for the M50 and "woo-hoo" etc etc.

Bjorn will do his measurements, Matt will get into the trunk and complain because there is no frunk, Thomas will have a video almost an hour long etc.

But I don't think that we will be receiving that much of new information. I mean useful for our orders.
I really hope the first deliveries in our forum to come quickly in a couple of months, so we will ...interrogate the lucky owners extensively!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Next week the i4 reviews will come out from reviewers worldwide, well known and not.
Just realised that it might not be as useful as we thought.
I mean sure, we will devour every second of them trying to distill every drop of information but ...we know exactly (?) what they are going to say.

Obviously no one will say "It drives as fu...and the quality is sh..."!
We will here again the specifications, (honestly is 335 or 340 hp for the e40) and we will see the guy scrolling through the idrive 8 for a few seconds, and "wow is fast" for the M50 and "woo-hoo" etc etc.

Bjorn will do his measurements, Matt will get into the trunk and complain because there is no frunk, Thomas will have a video almost an hour long etc.

But I don't think that we will be receiving that much of new information. I mean useful for our orders.
I really hope the first deliveries in our forum to come quickly in a couple of months, so we will ...interrogate the lucky owners extensively!

Honestly the most interresting thing is to see would be the M50 in every color.

IDrive 8 is known from the iX, rest of the Car is more or less a G20. Efficientcy and Range will be greate i am sure about that and 0-60 will be quicker than 3.9s also not by as much as some people would like it to be...

Also i am confident that it will handle very well and that the headroom on the rear seats is going to be shit...

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
195 Posts
Honestly the most interresting thing is to see would be the M50 in every color.

IDrive 8 is known from the iX, rest of the Car is more or less a G20. Efficientcy and Range will be greate i am sure about that and 0-60 will be quicker than 3.9s also not by as much as some people would like it to be...

Also i am confident that it will handle very well and that the headroom on the rear seats is going to be shit...
There might be some info on suspension comfort dependent on tyre size and normal / adaptive suspension. This differs from the iX and G20. And some reviewers (I’m counting on a Bjorn) might do some charging curve tests and cabin noise tests. HK sound system might also be reviewed. Let’s wait and see :)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts