BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Next week the i4 reviews will come out from reviewers worldwide, well known and not.
Just realised that it might not be as useful as we thought.
I mean sure, we will devour every second of them trying to distill every drop of information but ...we know exactly (?) what they are going to say.

Obviously no one will say "It drives as fu...and the quality is sh..."!
We will here again the specifications, (honestly is 335 or 340 hp for the e40) and we will see the guy scrolling through the idrive 8 for a few seconds, and "wow is fast" for the M50 and "woo-hoo" etc etc.

Bjorn will do his measurements, Matt will get into the trunk and complain because there is no frunk, Thomas will have a video almost an hour long etc.

But I don't think that we will be receiving that much of new information. I mean useful for our orders.
I really hope the first deliveries in our forum to come quickly in a couple of months, so we will ...interrogate the lucky owners extensively!
Ond thing that I’m looking for is how it handles. Is it fun to drive?

The Tesla M3 has fast acceleration but it’s not a drivers car. The Mach E is fun, but it doesn’t handle well. The Kia EV6 is probably the one that comes closest right now, as far as I can tell (And I have actually ordered one!)

I really hope that the M50 handles well and is fun to drive.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know that the subject of the grille is divisive, personally I love its aggressive look which reminds that this car is not a toy.

But a mischievous spirit made me notice that it evokes this:

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

:unsure:

·
Registered
218 Posts
After reading hundreds of comments and seeing dozens of videos, here is the i4 vs Tesla decision tree:

View attachment 1904
haha :LOL:

There is absolutely nothing that could make me buy the model 3. It is simply not appealing to me at all. The cabin, the exterior, the build quality, the wind noise at high speed, the iPad center console without any kind of charm or soul...

I am happy to pay extra for the i4 so I get a car I will actually love and feel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
haha :LOL:

There is absolutely nothing that could make me buy the model 3. It is simply not appealing to me at all. The cabin, the exterior, the build quality, the wind noise at high speed, the iPad center console without any kind of charm or soul...

I am happy to pay extra for the i4 so I get a car I will actually love and feel.
I agree, there is a kind of “physical attraction” for the I4 that I didn't feel for the other cars, that makes the price acceptable

·
Registered
302 Posts
Now that you mentioned "Physical attraction" I remembered that my first comment when I first saw the i4 was "sexy"!
I don't remember calling it that since then.
Maybe it's like in humans (or living beings in general). You are attracted at first from the physical appearance but later you still find it beautiful but now it is something deeper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Now that you mentioned "Physical attraction" I remembered that my first comment when I first saw the i4 was "sexy"!
I don't remember calling it that since then.
Maybe it's like in humans (or living beings in general). You are attracted at first from the physical appearance but later you still find it beautiful but now it is something deeper.
More than sexy, it makes me want to drive it. While with the others EVs.. nothing comes

·
Registered
302 Posts
After the, I would say colossal differences of the representations of Frozen Portimao Blue, that our friend @Mycroft so elegantly show us. Here some other possible (?) photos of other colours.

Aventurine Red when the trees are corrected to fall season!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Sapphire Black

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Dravit grey, not surprisingly, doesn't change even after extreme color correction! :p

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

41 - 52 of 52 Posts