BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For over a week I have been attempting to get a refund for my $1500 deposit. My order was channelled through the largest BMW group in the region. The original confirmation was specific that to obtain a refund you needed to contact your assigned dealer. I emailed over a week ago and never had a reply. I subsequently emailed 3 more times and called twice. Finally, yesterday, I received a reply originating from their end. They said that "keep having issues unwinding it with BMW from their side". Now they are going to cut a check and mail it to me. I am very dissatisfied. This is not a "state of the art" solution for a "state of the art" vehicle.

I am canceling because of tepid reviews, the fact that I really want/need a crossover/SUV and the fact that tie iX is too large/expensive for my tastes/needs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why would you preorder an i4 in the first place, with the EV market filled to the brim with CUV variants?
Interested to hear about negative reviews, I've only seen positive feedback so far on driving performance and agility, which are the biggest unknowns.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh yeah, you're right, I did read that one.
I didn't really understand it, it seemed like they criticized BMW for not pumping out EVs in all segments. I get that the car industry is headed in an extremely politically correct direction, but I'm very glad that they are still committed to producing cars that gives a great driving experience. It's a very thin line to walk to bring customers products that they want and love both in visual design and drivetrain, while constantly being subjected to new emissions standard. If they can't promise that, I'm glad they're not watering down their brand in the way that Ford does, making a four-door crossover EV Mustang. I, for one, am just happy that they are giving me an EV that feels like their traditional cars. I think the space age interiors made of plastic leather and recycled garbage with no buttons are more an art installation than a functional cockpit that I would like to pay for.
Nowhere in the article did it say BMW are making bad cars, or that their technology isn't any good, and the best selling sedan in the US, the Camry, is from a manufacturer that doesn't even have a single EV. So I don't know.. it certainly isn't deterring me from buying one.

Maybe you'll be happy buying a Tesla Model Y. I didn't like it much, but I think the X is really good. Better live near a service center though, and it's rather costly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's worth noting that the author of The Times piece test drove the i4 and had a good experience. The central point of the article is that BMW has been slower than some to build an electric car on a dedicated platform, i3 aside. The plan now is to produce something along those lines in 2025. The question is this: do you want to wait? That to me is the central question. There seems to be a critical consensus that the BMW i4 provides a great driving experience. No review disputes BMW's build quality. It is fair to regret that BMW failed to get more range out of the M50, placing them in the same boat as Porsche and Audi. You can pay buckets of money for an EQS or a Lucid, but that is beyond my pocketbook. Or you can accept Tesla's flaws. Or you can wait. Or you can decide that the i4 best meets your needs at this point in life, and that you don't want to wait until 2025. That's where I am at.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's worth noting that the author of The Times piece test drove the i4 and had a good experience. The central point of the article is that BMW has been slower than some to build an electric car on a dedicated platform, i3 aside. The plan now is to produce something along those lines in 2025. The question is this: do you want to wait? That to me is the central question. There seems to be a critical consensus that the BMW i4 provides a great driving experience. No review disputes BMW's build quality. It is fair to regret that BMW failed to get more range out of the M50, placing them in the same boat as Porsche and Audi. You can pay buckets of money for an EQS or a Lucid, but that is beyond my pocketbook. Or you can accept Tesla's flaws. Or you can wait. Or you can decide that the i4 best meets your needs at this point in life, and that you don't want to wait until 2025. That's where I am at.
Very well said!! I have seen the mention of Porsche and Audi, and those cars are more expensive!! I can't see myself buyimg anything other than the i4 for this price point and reputable name!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts