BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
I4 edrive 40 M Sport, Portimao Blue
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thought I’d join the forum as recently found it and have been lurking for a couple of weeks and reading your posts with great interest.

I’m based in the North West of the U.K. and have an i4 edrive40 on the way. Feel like quite the underdog as everyone on here seems to have got the M50.

Its going to be in M Sport trim with Portimao Blue paint, other than that it’s bog basic as it has everything I need as standard.

I’m leasing the car and the latest update (last week) from the lease company via the supplying dealer is it’s expected with them at the end of November 2021 ! So we shall see how that turns out as I only ordered in September.

Having lots of fun and games trying to get a home charger installed, as whilst I have off road parking the bay is over 15 meters from the house.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
525 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thought I’d join the forum as recently found it and have been lurking for a couple of weeks and reading your posts with great interest.

I’m based in the North West of the U.K. and have an i4 edrive40 on the way. Feel like quite the underdog as everyone on here seems to have got the M50.

Its going to be in M Sport trim with Portimao Blue paint, other than that it’s bog basic as it has everything I need as standard.

I’m leasing the car and the latest update (last week) from the lease company via the supplying dealer is it’s expected with them at the end of November 2021 ! So we shall see how that turns out as I only ordered in September.

Having lots of fun and games trying to get a home charger installed, as whilst I have off road parking the bay is over 15 meters from the house.
HI Yoda, welcome on they forum. Many guys have orders the 40, including me ;) .
Portimao blue is a great color, what color will be for the interior ?
Parking at 15 meters of the house will cost you a lot of money !!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome : )

The interior is Alcantara/Sensatec Black with Blue stitching (so hopefully that will look smart along with the blue exterior).

I was tempted by an M50 but it would definitely make me drive like Michael Schumacher, the edrive40 is plenty quick enough for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rincewind,

My lease is via Vertu Lease Cars.

I’ve found them very easy to deal with so far and if they do manage to deliver the car before Christmas I’ll be impressed.

The initial paperwork just said delivery in early 2022 but email was just last week suggesting much sooner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve been researching the home charging setup via the university of YouTube : )

It will likely be a 7kw charger that I will plug into overnight and hopefully get a discount electric rate deal.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
525 Posts
I also have an 7.2kwh wall panel on 40A and it's enough to charge à big battery of 82kw in night to 80%. Keep in mind that you will never be at 0% when you will plug the car, most of the time I am between 30% and 45%.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It will likely be a 7kw charger that I will plug into overnight and hopefully get a discount electric rate deal.
I'm with Octopus Go! Night rate for a 4 hour window 12.30 - 4:30 is 5p per kwh. So, it costs me less than £5 to fully charge my Model 3 Performance battery from zero (as long as I spread the charge over couple of nights). In reality, unless you've done a road trip, the car will only need a few hours to get back to, say, 90%. Running an EV is very cheap. Buying/leasing them is not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There’s a few charging stations locally but the I’d say the infrastructure rapidly needs to catch up, there’s such a mish mash of charging companies.

@Rincewind - you are spot on, buying/leasing these things is expensive but I’m looking forward to some familiar BMW surroundings once the i4 arrives, I’m currently leasing a VW id3 and whilst it does the job I certainly wouldn’t use the word luxury to describe it : )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Yoda, and welcome to the forum. Many guys, including myself, have placed orders for the 40.
What colour will the interior be? Portimao blue is a fantastic hue, but what colour will the exterior be? more
Parking 15 metres from the property will set you back a fortune!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interior colour is a just a simple black with blue stiching. Yep you are right had a couple of quotes for a charger 15 meters from house, silly money - £3k !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.