BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Not new to BMW, but just pre-ordered the I4 M50 couple weeks ago here in Hong Kong and completely new to EV, still have doubt about this decision lol Deliver for Hong Kong is expected to be Q4 2022 so right now, not even able to select the options yet... Anyway, tons to learn about EV and also looking for help on picking the options haha!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys,

Not new to BMW, but just pre-ordered the I4 M50 couple weeks ago here in Hong Kong and completely new to EV, still have doubt about this decision lol Deliver for Hong Kong is expected to be Q4 2022 so right now, not even able to select the options yet... Anyway, tons to learn about EV and also looking for help on picking the options haha!
Ni hao! Welcome and like you I ordered the M50 as an existing BMW driver but it’s my first EV so all excited. A lot of info in this great forum and small but fab community so I’m sure you will not be bored in the weeks to come. How will you config your car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) And actually, I still struggling even with the color right now lol The M50 is to replace my current daily, '15 Audi S3 in Sepang Blue, right now, it's metallic Portimao Blue vs Brooklyn Grey vs Dravit Grey, leaning towards Brooklyn Grey but want to see it in real person first, it looks a bit light for me in the pictures.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks :) And actually, I still struggling even with the color right now lol The M50 is to replace my current daily, '15 Audi S3 in Sepang Blue, right now, it's metallic Portimao Blue vs Brooklyn Grey vs Dravit Grey, leaning towards Brooklyn Grey but want to see it in real person first, it looks a bit light for me in the pictures.
Thats why i hoped we would see the colors on 13.10, but it turned out all press cars had the same color:confused:
I am on minaral white atm.
I did not like the blue tint in Brooklyn Grey

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered brooklyn grey after seeing it in real life. Would never had considered it before that. Check out the picture section for some great finds on brooklyn grey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome!
What is the public charging network like in HK? Considered any other EVs before going with the i4?
Quite ok for Tesla charger. Found in many shopping malls. Others like Porches Mercedes and BMW are just starting. Not likely to compared with Tesla in near future. Of course there are others by EV charging and power companies. Overall speaking, seems not able to catch up with the demand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, seems like everyone here in HK is going for the M50, which totally makes sense consider how many extra options you get over e40 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha, seems like everyone here in HK is going for the M50, which totally makes sense consider how many extra options you get over e40 :)
yup my salesperson told me quite a number of customers originally reserved e40 changed to M50 after the official prices were announced

1 - 10 of 10 Posts