BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
177 Posts
i dont believe they do - asked my dealler and it is only a stiffness option not the lower/rise one
You are right about not lowering/rise manually. But they included air suspension in the rear, see here on the 6th bullet “Lift-related dampers and rear-axle air suspension come as standard.”

this is probably the same tech as the 5 series f11 touring introduced back in 2011, to be able to be always leveled in heavy load. Which is something the i4 is always due to the batteries weight.

the stiffness option your dealer mentioned should be related to the adaptive dampers. I have it also on my 6 series, you can select sport, comfort, comfort+, although no air suspension in mine

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just hope these impressions from the configurator are realistic.
In many photos that BMW used, mostly during the first formal presentation, the car seems to be a bit too high, especially at the rear...

The i4 M50 that I saw for real during a preview was even higher than the car in the picture below. The BMW genius explained that the car was still in transport mode. Hmmm, let's wait and see :sneaky:

View attachment 1235
Interesting...do you know what "transport mode" is? Does this mean for when it is being transported on a truck or train so it is raised a bit incase a big bump is hit or is this something that can be turned on and off and then driven...basically lifting the car when needed? That would be fantastic but I think unlikely.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts