BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm usually a lurker but thought others might like to know...

My M40 production coming to USA is scheduled to start June 20-24.

My sales rep was in the system yesterday and saw this line item is noted as blocked/deleted, presumably due to hardware shortages.

He also confirmed, my car will come without carplay, but an OTA update will be available right away. He said all the head units were mass produced without carplay, so they just need powered up and a firmware push to get it updated.

That's all I have for now, my sales rep is super passionate about all things BMW and seemingly all over these updates. I'll let you all know if I hear more.

I have a bad feeling my MSRP will be higher by late July (scheduled) delivery.

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts
Not good… I really need that for one of my use cases… I hope mine doesn’t face this… Ergh!

• Sad
Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
101 Posts
Just like the removal of touch on idrive controller (code 6UX) I assume this would come with a code as well?
I saw 6UX on my VIR this morning. Don't use it much but always nice to have in a pinch. I can live without that one. Anyone know the code for the removal of the swingy foot tailgate opener?

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you're having doubts...you can see it for yourself, attached is a screenshot from the BMW internal system. I saw it on his computer as we sat there and talked, he then sent me the same page.
Thanks for sharing. It has code 32X. I can't see that when checking my VIN, so fingers crossed that my car is not affected

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uh oh....My garage is now showing the "design element deletion", and Shadowline exterior trim ($0) is not listed...Can anyone confirm, does/did Shadowline exterior trim show up in your garage?

Feeb, did you order Shadowline exterior trim?

I'm wondering if it's the latest option to get axed.

I also have the non touchpad Idrive control, too bad.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
35 Posts
Universal garage door opener? I asked specifically for that and was told it wasnt possible....
Is that the mirror with remote buttons? I WANNA PART NUMBER FOR THAT!!!!!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
35 Posts
Just like the removal of touch on idrive controller (code 6UX) I assume this would come with a code as well?
I hope this and the passenger lumbar support would have been an OTA or simple retrofit mate. I can live with the lumbar deletion, but the idrive controller. Knowing im being denied a techy gadget...

·
Registered
2012 Prius Plug-In
34 Posts
Feeb, did you order Shadowline exterior trim?
I did not order the Shadowline trim, but compared what's in My Garage to the VIR I received last week. The only thing that I couldn't line up was the 3DE - Frozen Grey Exterior Accents from the VIR. I can understand chip shortages, but trim options seem like an odd thing to be out of stock.

I think I might need to start taking weekly screenshots of My Garage. :D

Also, does anyone know what ZTM - Tier 2 refers to on the VIR?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts