BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I did not order the Shadowline trim, but compared what's in My Garage to the VIR I received last week. The only thing that I couldn't line up was the 3DE - Frozen Grey Exterior Accents from the VIR. I can understand chip shortages, but trim options seem like an odd thing to be out of stock.

I think I might need to start taking weekly screenshots of My Garage. :D

Also, does anyone know what ZTM - Tier 2 refers to on the VIR?
Tell me about it.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you're having doubts...you can see it for yourself, attached is a screenshot from the BMW internal system. I saw it on his computer as we sat there and talked, he then sent me the same page.
32X looks to be deletion of the rear Comfort Access (322) sensor for the opening of the hatch by foot waving. The actual Power Liftgate (316) should be still standard.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got the rear-gate-kick-opener-mechanism in my m50. Had it for 6 weeks now. I always remember that I've got it when i've got heavy stuff to enter... So It is very possible to live without it... apparently...

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts
I guess I’ll only be able to check this once I have a VIN. Of course, My Garage is often empty, even though my 330 should be in there along with my i4 order… So… who knows?!

I think it’s weird that it says, “Delete” and then “Blocked.”

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts
I've got the rear-gate-kick-opener-mechanism in my m50. Had it for 6 weeks now. I always remember that I've got it when i've got heavy stuff to enter... So It is very possible to live without it... apparently...
It’s possible to live without it, but every time I’ve walked up to the back of my 330 with skis over my shoulder, I’ve been very grateful for the auto-lift!

·
Registered
106 Posts
He also confirmed, my car will come without carplay, but an OTA update will be available right away. He said all the head units were mass produced without carplay, so they just need powered up and a firmware push to get it updated.
Yup, it's actually just they're using a different ASIC - possibly for the Wireless Carplay connectivity - that requires a software update to enable it. That update will be pushed sometime in June... good thing is the hardware is there to support it... just need a software tweak to enable it :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Uh oh....My garage is now showing the "design element deletion", and Shadowline exterior trim ($0) is not listed...Can anyone confirm, does/did Shadowline exterior trim show up in your garage?

Feeb, did you order Shadowline exterior trim?

I'm wondering if it's the latest option to get axed.

I also have the non touchpad Idrive control, too bad.
My M50 shadowline package ($400) still show in My Garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Given that I only ordered a few weeks ago, I sure hope they sort this out by the time they begin mine. Anybody know whether this is the kind of thing that can be installed retroactively after delivery?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
375 Posts
It's kind of amazing how many car manufacturers are removing features and functions from cars these days.
It doesn't seem to matter where in the world it's made, or how expensive or cheap a car is. They're pretty much all losing stuff along the way, and randomly.

The used car market is going to be a very strange place in a few years. Nobody will be able to tell what any car has or doesn't have without a very close inspection.

Reactions: Inside
21 - 40 of 121 Posts