BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861 M Brooklyn Grey
172 Posts
for what's it worth. I have the handsfree tailgate (foot opening ) and it doesn't work very well. Need to try it a couple of times sometimes . So it might be faster to put your stuff on the ground and open it manually :)

·
Registered
G30 530e 2017, F40 118i 2020
64 Posts
Handsfree tailgate is getting close to a deal breaker for me. Its insanely convenient with toddlers as I always seem to have something to carry. And it works wondefully. Use it nearly everytime I access the tailgate.

Anyone from EU have this 32X in their car? This could be just NA market related restriction ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
In future production we will have more "Delete ..." entries than real options on the list ;-) Mine spec already has 3 or 4 deletions specified (rear badge, passenger lumbar support, blue accents, idrive touch capability) and it looks more to come on the list...

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
35 Posts
In future production we will have more "Delete ..." entries than real options on the list ;-) Mine spec already has 3 or 4 deletions specified (rear badge, passenger lumbar support, blue accents, idrive touch capability) and it looks more to come on the list...
Mine only had the touch idrive and passenger lumbar control deleted

·
Registered
i4 M50 in Portimao Blue, Oyster, Ash wood, currently wk 22
80 Posts

·
Registered
Previously a 2011 335D
91 Posts
My cars production began on 4/13, currently sitting in Bremerhaven waiting for a ride to the states. Just double checked. Only deletes are for passenger lumbar and disabling the anti-dazzle on the laser headlights (which as the laws have changed, should soon get turned back on).

It seems as the touchpad on the idrive controller is a permanent delete? We have this in another BMW and never used it. The hand's free trunk works well on the other car, at least for me. My wife's smaller foot, not so much.

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
55 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer who said no additional deletions have been made, and that the hands-free tailgate feature is still present. Perhaps this isn't an issue for Europe, and only for North America?

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861 M Brooklyn Grey
172 Posts
And… at least on my 330… you can kick to close, too.
Well I did it wrong, I swiped from left to right, right to left And sometimes that works . But that was my dealer showed grrrr
Doing the forward move and retraction is ok . But I also had some missers. Oh wel trying 2 times, instead of one is fine. I had some bruises already from the past weeks hitting my legg against the diffuser :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I did it wrong, I swiped from left to right, right to left And sometimes that works . But that was my dealer showed grrrr
Doing the forward move and retraction is ok . But I also had some missers. Oh wel trying 2 times, instead of one is fine. I had some bruises already from the past weeks hitting my legg against the diffuser :)
I liked the clarity of lining up with the badge… I didn’t know that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It seems to me that the retraction is the important one. I typically go in, wait, and then pull out. Works almost every time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Reactions: Ken7
41 - 60 of 120 Posts